Prust gets two ........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Prust gets two ........

Looked like 5 or more to me / what a joke !!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Prust gets two ........

In response to jaymiller's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Looked like 5 or more to me / what a joke !!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

So it went from $2500 bucks to 1 game to 2 games,maybe it'll climb to 5.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Light sentence, a little surprised.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I didn't think so - it was late for sure, but the contact was square in the chest, the jaw was buggered up by contact with the ice. 2 games sounds about right to me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Two game suspension for a late check.

No head shot.

Didn't leave his feet.

That's ridiculous.

Interference and or charging.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Prust has been looking for payback ever since Price's injury.....  he  should've been gone for the rest of the series at least....  no head shot only a broken jaw....

this is the same punk who said he wouldn't "stoop" to the B'S level....  he fits in well with the shabs....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

The ref should be suspended for not calling the penalty.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Two game suspension for a late check.

No head shot.

Didn't leave his feet.

That's ridiculous.

no head shot ??  ~ maybe you can explain the broken jaw then ...........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

very late. Puck is across centre red line and hit is at the blue line. If that is Prust hitting a Bruin, I'm wanting 17 to tune him up and break his jaw. Punk move.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Simple, his face hit the ice. It's pretty clear in the replay.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Exactly, Red.  Honestly, I cannot recall any headshots that broke the receivers jaw.

This was a late hit, a violent hit, but it was no headshot.

There is no reason whatsoever that Prust has been suspended.  

It was a penalty.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Looks like top of shoulder pad did catch the jaw but honestly -- I didn't notice the face hitting the ice which does bring a different wrinkle to this incident.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Simple, his face hit the ice. It's pretty clear in the replay.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know which replay you saw Red,but i just watched one in slo-mo on Sportsnet and it is clear that Prust's shoulder pad hit Stepan on the jaw,no question and i didn't see his head or jaw hit the ice,1 game would have likely done it but i'm ok with 2. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Exactly, Red.  Honestly, I cannot recall any headshots that broke the receivers jaw.

This was a late hit, a violent hit, but it was no headshot.

There is no reason whatsoever that Prust has been suspended.  

It was a penalty.

[/QUOTE]

Peca on Selanne i believe back in the day.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I kinda like that prust did an eye for an eye.  You run our best player and im taking someone out as well.   Prust had a heck of a game for the habs.   For a guy with a broken jaw he sure looked ok the rest of the game and he ran his mouth pretty good. Bet hes back before long.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Peca on Selanne i believe back in the day.  

[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's right. Brutally dirty game - 248 PIM that night.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I don't know which replay you saw Red,but i just watched one in slo-mo on Sportsnet and it is clear that Prust's shoulder pad hit Stepan on the jaw,no question and i didn't see his head or jaw hit the ice,1 game would have likely done it but i'm ok with 2. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRSl05vZZaI" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRSl05vZZaI" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRSl05vZZaI

That one - you can see at the end the shoulder is below the jaw, and when his body swings around in the air and his body hits the ice his face bounces off the ice.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

NHL statement :

What elevates this hit to merit supplemental discipline is it's extreme lateness and the significant head contact that results from the way it was delivered.

---------

Pretty well sums up what I saw. A very late hit from a blind-sided angle that resulted in eventual contact to the jaw area from the shoulder pad.

A missed call deserving of a suspension.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pretty well sums up what I saw. A very late hit from a blind-sided angle that resulted in eventual contact to the jaw area from the shoulder pad.

A missed call deserving of a suspension.

[/QUOTE]

The blind side!  Prust hit him square in the middle of his chest.  Stepan is 100% guilty of not looking where he is skating.  I just watched it again, and I'm not sure what he was thinking.  He throws the puck up the right side and begins skating to the middle, yet he never looks at where he's going.

Blind side my ace.  That's MHL stuff:  Mary Hockey League.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

The blind side!  Prust hit him square in the middle of his chest.  Stepan is 100% guilty of not looking where he is skating.  I just watched it again, and I'm not sure what he was thinking.  He throws the puck up the right side and begins skating to the middle, yet he never looks at where he's going.

Blind side my ace.  That's MHL stuff:  Mary Hockey League.

[/QUOTE]

Yes ........blind sided..........the same words used by the Canadian press. You don't agree ? Oh well ..........your opinions have been known to be wrong before regarding suspensions and injuries.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes ........blind sided..........the same words used by the Canadian press. You don't agree ? Oh well ..........your opinions have been known to be wrong before regarding suspensions and injuries.

[/QUOTE]

Well, if the Canadian newsies say it, it must be true.

Can you help me understand how someone's blind side is the middle of the chest?  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I kinda like that prust did an eye for an eye.  You run our best player and im taking someone out as well.   Prust had a heck of a game for the habs.   For a guy with a broken jaw he sure looked ok the rest of the game and he ran his mouth pretty good. Bet hes back before long.  

[/QUOTE]

An eye for an eye??

Are you being serious, or is this shupe being shupe?  You think Kreider "ran" Price, or was hauled down on a breakaway?

I don't think Prust's hit was that bad, but it certainly wasn't an eye for an eye stuff.  It was ugly, and uncalled for.  That's your Price/Hab crush talking there.  Applauding Prust...wow...

I thought 1-2 games.  The reason for the suspension has to be that it was so, so late, and took the opposing player out with an injury (eventually...).  I've seen worse hits though. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

It is purely conjecture, but did the NHL look at the slash on Chara that resulted in a broken finger?

Prust deserved the penalty and a suspension.  It was intent to injure that is my argument.  

"Don't judge me monkey" 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Prust + shabs = i have no problem with suspension....

it was a vicious hit period....  and Dorsett should be embarrassed for letting this punk throw him around like a rag doll....  talk about adding insult to injury....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It is purely conjecture, but did the NHL look at the slash on Chara that resulted in a broken finger?

Prust deserved the penalty and a suspension.  It was intent to injure that is my argument.  

"Don't judge me monkey" 

[/QUOTE]

Come on Isla.  Every check this thrown to hurt.  Open ice checks like that are meant to rock the guy.  I'm going to guess that Prust didn't intent to bust the guy's jaw.