Pure Class

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Pure Class

In Response to Re: Pure Class:
    Talk about wrong names in a thread. How does Marchand get mentioned so many times in a thread called "Pure Class"?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

with an unnecessary "cl" in the thread title...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Pure Class : Totally disagree.  McDonagh could not have been clearer that his thoughts on the play were determined  from watching the video.   It was another defensmen recognizing that Ference came in hard for the puck and neither guy expected McDonagh to lose balance on the skate clip.  I'm fine with the major penalty on Ference, it was a dangerous play and he's responsible for it, but there was absolutely no intent.  And leaning into an unsuspecting Halpern a year ago wasn't dirtiest thing I've ever seen either.  You bring that up a lot. "A disgusting play"?  This is exactly what I'm talking about in your exaggeration to get a reaction around here.  It's hockey and McDonagh didn't find it dirty at all.  'Disgusting'?  You sound like an old lady sipping tea at the country club. And now AF "runs his mouth to the media".  I can think of two instances when AF has spoken to the media on these hits.  Once to (rightly) say that Paille's hit was a bad one, while saying that Paille is an honest player and wouldn't try to hurt anyone.  The second time he stated that he was upset that Shanahan would not review a head shot he received from Torres.  A perfectly fair statement in my opinion, and far, far more measured than the public comments from other players (cover your ears 49).  I was also disappointed that Shanahan wouldn't even review it. Why do you hate Ference?
    Posted by Fletcher1

Ok, in regards to the AF play we agree on almost everything but the intent part. I don't think he intended for the result. But there was intent in the action. Or the action doesnt happen. 

I am not a AF fan.  Thought he really played well for the Bruins last year and I said so.  People call it refreshing when AF spoke his mind.  Yet when Miller does it he is a cry baby.  Is it only ok for Bruins to use the media?    

He threw his own team mate under the bus in my eyes for a head hit.  Then he didnt hit Halpren.  The part that bothers me is he then questioned the league about his own play.  Where is his head?  Call out team mate for head shot and how the league is trying to get rid of it, gives a head shot to Halpren(which is debateable but he knew exactly what he was doing), gives the Habs fan the bird (which was applauded on here- but if Burrows does it its classless), calls out someone for a head shot on him, then gets suspended for a dangerous play.  

Fletch,
    I don't have to cheer for him or excuse him when I think he did something wrong.  I admire the Ranger player for his words.  You think AF does this?   

You have your opinion, I have mine.  I'm not asking for you to not like him. I think he is a classless player...I don't like when other teams do it.  I won't defend it when our guys do it.  I would have no issue if they traded him. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Pure Class : Totally disagree.  McDonagh could not have been clearer that his thoughts on the play were determined  from watching the video.   It was another defensmen recognizing that Ference came in hard for the puck and neither guy expected McDonagh to lose balance on the skate clip.  I'm fine with the major penalty on Ference, it was a dangerous play and he's responsible for it, but there was absolutely no intent.  And leaning into an unsuspecting Halpern a year ago wasn't dirtiest thing I've ever seen either.  You bring that up a lot. "A disgusting play"?  This is exactly what I'm talking about in your exaggeration to get a reaction around here.  It's hockey and McDonagh didn't find it dirty at all.  'Disgusting'?  You sound like an old lady sipping tea at the country club. And now AF "runs his mouth to the media".  I can think of two instances when AF has spoken to the media on these hits.  Once to (rightly) say that Paille's hit was a bad one, while saying that Paille is an honest player and wouldn't try to hurt anyone.  The second time he stated that he was upset that Shanahan would not review a head shot he received from Torres.  A perfectly fair statement in my opinion, and far, far more measured than the public comments from other players (cover your ears 49).  I was also disappointed that Shanahan wouldn't even review it. Why do you hate Ference?
    Posted by Fletcher1

The only reaction most of the time comes from "Mr. Voice Of Reason".  I don't ask you to chime in on me.  I don't chime in on you personally.  A reaction?  I gave an opinion.  How does this mean I am looking for attention like you always say?  If everyone of my posts were anti-negative posts then yes...call me out.  But did you read the ones on TT?  I don't see you chiming in on those. 

Again, everyone on here doesnt have to agree with you.  But stop with this attention stuff...I think I have been pretty consistent with how I post, admit when I am wrong, I try not to get into personal space and keep with the topic or my spin/opinion. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Pure Class : Ok, in regards to the AF play we agree on almost everything but the intent part. I don't think he intended for the result. But there was intent in the action. Or the action doesnt happen.  I am not a AF fan.  Thought he really played well for the Bruins last year and I said so.  People call it refreshing when AF spoke his mind.  Yet when Miller does it he is a cry baby.  Is it only ok for Bruins to use the media?     He threw his own team mate under the bus in my eyes for a head hit.  Then he didnt hit Halpren.  The part that bothers me is he then questioned the league about his own play.  Where is his head?  Call out team mate for head shot and how the league is trying to get rid of it, gives a head shot to Halpren(which is debateable but he knew exactly what he was doing), gives the Habs fan the bird (which was applauded on here- but if Burrows does it its classless), calls out someone for a head shot on him, then gets suspended for a dangerous play.   Fletch, I don't have to cheer for him or excuse him when I think he did something wrong.  I admire the Ranger player for his words.  You think AF does this?    You have your opinion, I have mine.  I'm not asking for you to not like him. I think he is a classless player...I don't like when other teams do it.  I won't defend it when our guys do it.  I would have no issue if they traded him. 
    Posted by shuperman

Yeah, that's fine.  I'm not asking you to change your opinion, never have.  Your language and comparisons with AF make me think you already hate him though, and are working your logic around that.

I just can't see how Ference would intentionally board someone in overtime of a huge game.  I think he was trying to get the puck and competing hard, and then made a split second mistake.  He paid the price too, and I haven't heard him complain about it (which has to be hard after McDonagh's comments).

Comparing him to Ryan Miller for speaking out??  To recap, Miller said, repeatedly, "Milan Lucic is a pice of ****" and called the league a joke.  AF said that he was "disappointed" that Shanahan didn't review a hit.  How is that at all comparable?

I still don't think he threw Paille under the bus.  Listen to the whole quote.  I also don't think his shoulder clip of Halpern was really a "head shot".  Your nitpicking him.

He's made some mistakes, but he's also been a solid, honest defensmen that has stuck up for his teammates and elavated his game in the playoffs.  Caling him a "classless player" seems like extreme hyperbole.

Even from a pot-stirer like yourself.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Pure Class : The only reaction most of the time comes from "Mr. Voice Of Reason".  I don't ask you to chime in on me.  I don't chime in on you personally.  A reaction?  I gave an opinion.  How does this mean I am looking for attention like you always say?  If everyone of my posts were anti-negative posts then yes...call me out.  But did you read the ones on TT?  I don't see you chiming in on those.  Again, everyone on here doesnt have to agree with you.  But stop with this attention stuff...I think I have been pretty consistent with how I post, admit when I am wrong, I try not to get into personal space and keep with the topic or my spin/opinion. 
    Posted by shuperman

Easy shupe, I'm not making a whole case against you.  Was just reacting to the word "disgusting" as being used for Ference's hit.  Seems a little strong.  I thought we both chimed in on each other a lot.  If you don't want me commenting on your posts...I'm not sure what to tell you.

Responding to frequently agree with people gets boring sometimes.  Although I have agreed with you a lot.  I am more likley to respond to disagree or debate on some level.  I didn't chime in on your TT comments because I agreed with them.  You use your sarcastic "voice of reason" line a lot for someone who is trying not "to be personal".  It's okay though, I don't mind.  I like the back and forth.  Sorry to offend, thought we were on the same page there.

You're disgusting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Pure Class : Yeah, that's fine.  I'm not asking you to change your opinion, never have.  Your language and comparisons with AF make me think you already hate him though, and are working your logic around that. I just can't see how Ference would intentionally board someone in overtime of a huge game.  I think he was trying to get the puck and competing hard, and then made a split second mistake.  He paid the price too, and I haven't heard him complain about it (which has to be hard after McDonagh's comments). Comparing him to Ryan Miller for speaking out??  To recap, Miller said, repeatedly, "Milan Lucic is a pice of ****" and called the league a joke.  AF said that he was "disappointed" that Shanahan didn't review a hit.  How is that at all comparable? I still don't think he threw Paille under the bus.  Listen to the whole quote.  I also don't think his shoulder clip of Halpern was really a "head shot".  Your nitpicking him. He's made some mistakes, but he's also been a solid, honest defensmen that has stuck up for his teammates and elavated his game in the playoffs.  Caling him a "classless player" seems like extreme hyperbole. Even from a pot-stirer like yourself.
    Posted by Fletcher1

I just went and listened to Shanny on AF.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fu_vcIzT-8  FYI in case you havent.
    AF could have avoided this.  Easily. 

I don't like him.  Didn't like the Bruins dishing out a contract to a bandaid.  Retracted that after a solid season- still believe he is a bargain at that price and the overall game he offers.  Didnt like him calling a team mate out in the media...didnt find it refreshing.  Didnt find it refreshing giving the Habs fans the finger or when he didn't move for Halpren.  He stiffened up. I certainly wouldnt define him as a role model and I do have a youngster watching the games.  His suspension further strengthens my dislike.  I think its a disgusting type play similar to Lapierre on Nichol.  
    Miller has made himself look like an idiot from idiotic comments.  Maybe he wasn't the best example but numerous threads were made on different players for openly saying things in the media.  I don't agree with those guys doing it.  I don't like when our guys do it...especially when that guy has been in the media for numerous negative press. 

BUT- Again, you have called me an attention seeker, a brilliant troll and always find me out on anything that crosses the line.  I have no problem debating hockey or the quick one liners....I just don't understand the need to call me out personally?  I certainly don't need attention on a Bruins Blog or I am in serious trouble.  Heck I know I cross the line, but I know what I like and don't.  I have eased off the anti-marchand rants as much as possible bc he turned into the exact type of player I was concerned he would.  But, I do support the players as well.  Heck I am even debating with 49 about Marchand...

Anyway- stop picking on me.  And the one giving me attention is you.  You are an enabler.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Pure Class : You are an enabler.
    Posted by shuperman

You are.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Pure Class : You are.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Stick it to him NAS!  Nobody (everybody) messes with me here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Pure Class : I just went and listened to Shanny on AF.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fu_vcIzT-8   FYI in case you havent. AF could have avoided this.  Easily.  I don't like him.  Didn't like the Bruins dishing out a contract to a bandaid.  Retracted that after a solid season- still believe he is a bargain at that price and the overall game he offers.  Didnt like him calling a team mate out in the media...didnt find it refreshing.  Didnt find it refreshing giving the Habs fans the finger or when he didn't move for Halpren.  He stiffened up. I certainly wouldnt define him as a role model and I do have a youngster watching the games.  His suspension further strengthens my dislike.  I think its a disgusting type play similar to Lapierre on Nichol.   Miller has made himself look like an idiot from idiotic comments.  Maybe he wasn't the best example but numerous threads were made on different players for openly saying things in the media.  I don't agree with those guys doing it.  I don't like when our guys do it...especially when that guy has been in the media for numerous negative press.  BUT- Again, you have called me an attention seeker, a brilliant troll and always find me out on anything that crosses the line.  I have no problem debating hockey or the quick one liners....I just don't understand the need to call me out personally?  I certainly don't need attention on a Bruins Blog or I am in serious trouble.  Heck I know I cross the line, but I know what I like and don't.  I have eased off the anti-marchand rants as much as possible bc he turned into the exact type of player I was concerned he would.  But, I do support the players as well.  Heck I am even debating with 49 about Marchand... Anyway- stop picking on me.  And the one giving me attention is you.  You are an enabler.
    Posted by shuperman

I believe your answer is b). Funny ! Well worth stopping this time to read.

a. do you copy and paste posts in a word perfect document
    b. you need sensitivity training
    c. i was kidding...cmon man...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Pure Class : I believe your answer is b). Funny ! Well worth stopping this time to read. a. do you copy and paste posts in a word perfect document b. you need sensitivity training c. i was kidding...cmon man...
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Did you not catch the sarcasm in there.  Not likely.  Funny...for someone that doesnt read my posts you sure comment on a lot of them. In fact I bet you and Fletch comment on mine the most in an debateable way.  Thing that strikes me is that you also never comment on anything pro-bruin...you only comment when I challenge some topic... at least fletch and I poked at each other in another thread.
    I may open a word perfect document and save them so I can refresh my memory 5 months down the road.  :-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In Response to Re: Pure Class : Did you not catch the sarcasm in there.  Not likely.  Funny...for someone that doesnt read my posts you sure comment on a lot of them. In fact I bet you and Fletch comment on mine the most in an debateable way.  Thing that strikes me is that you also never comment on anything pro-bruin...you only comment when I challenge some topic... at least fletch and I poked at each other in another thread. I may open a word perfect document and save them so I can refresh my memory 5 months down the road.  :-)
    Posted by shuperman

Yea put it in your cave! I mean storage area... haha

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: Pure Class : Hey shupe -- answer me this:  do you honestly think that Marchand was acting in self defense?
    Posted by 49-North

whether Marchand was acting in self-defense, REALLY...has absolutely zero....notta....anything to do whatsoever with the fact that he was penalized, and suspended.
    It has nothing to do with the play.  It has nothing to do with the rules of the game.  In a court of law, your question would be dealt with swiftly, forcefully, and with a minimum of verbage.
    NO RELEVANCE
    Not an ounce.  There is nothing in the rule book that allows "clipping" if done in self defense.  There is nothing in the rules that makes a penalty, a non penalty if in self defense.  There is nothing in the "spirit' of the rules....or the game...that would suggest self defense, makes any wrong....right.
    Therefore, even mentioning it...let alone being the foundation to ones conclusion is idiotic.

That is the dumbest inference ever....to come from a league executive...one who controls "league precedent", and had several days to prepare and justify his ruling, and subsequent media briefing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Pure Class : whether Marchand was acting in self-defense, REALLY...has absolutely zero....notta....anything to do whatsoever with the fact that he was penalized, and suspended. It has nothing to do with the play.  It has nothing to do with the rules of the game.  In a court of law, your question would be dealt with swiftly, forcefully, and with a minimum of verbage. NO RELEVANCE Not an ounce.  There is nothing in the rule book that allows "clipping" if done in self defense.  There is nothing in the rules that makes a penalty, a non penalty if in self defense.  There is nothing in the "spirit' of the rules....or the game...that would suggest self defense, makes any wrong....right. Therefore, even mentioning it...let alone being the foundation to ones conclusion is idiotic. That is the dumbest inference ever....to come from a league executive...one who controls "league precedent", and had several days to prepare and justify his ruling, and subsequent media briefing.
    Posted by stevegm

Actually, I believe that Marchand and Julien put the whole "self defense" thing out there well before Shanahan's ruling.  I agree with you that it was one of the dumbest things I'd ever heard.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Pure Class : Actually, I believe that Marchand and Julien put the whole "self defense" thing out there well before Shanahan's ruling.  I agree with you that it was one of the dumbest things I'd ever heard.
    Posted by 49-North

I think they had to after everyone in the Van organization was lobbying for a suspension.  Its almost like two kids trying to beat one another home to tell dad what really happened. 
    I will stick with my no suspension side on this argument.  Both teams looked dumb

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Pure Class : I think they had to after everyone in the Van organization was lobbying for a suspension.  Its almost like two kids trying to beat one another home to tell dad what really happened.  I will stick with my no suspension side on this argument.  Both teams looked dumb
    Posted by shuperman

I agree -- though not surprising, given the serious hate between the two teams.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: Pure Class : Actually, I believe that Marchand and Julien put the whole "self defense" thing out there well before Shanahan's ruling.  I agree with you that it was one of the dumbest things I'd ever heard.
    Posted by 49-North

Before the season started, Marchand talked with the Department of Player Safety about plays like that.  Apparently they said it was okay so long as it was in self defense.

I'm guessing they meant "to avoid getting your neck broken."  He may have taken it to mean "to avoid taking a hit".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Pure Class : I agree -- though not surprising, given the serious hate between the two teams.
    Posted by 49-North

I still don't understand why a Vancouver fan is posting in a thread titled "Pure Class".  The team has none.  The city has none.  The fans have none.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Pure Class : I still don't understand why a Vancouver fan is posting in a thread titled "Pure Class".  The team has none.  The city has none.  The fans have none.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Frankly, I'm amazed someone like you is complaining about a lack of class. 

If you don't like my posts, simply hit ignore.

I dare you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Pure Class : Frankly, I'm amazed someone like you is complaining about a lack of class.  If you don't like my posts, simply hit ignore. I dare you.
    Posted by 49-North

I shouldn't have to.

Most people, outside of Canadien trolls, have enough respect to talk about their favorite team on a board or a forum dedicated to that team.  It's no surprise that a Canucks fan doesn't have enough class to recognize that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Pure Class : I shouldn't have to. Most people, outside of Canadien trolls, have enough respect to talk about their favorite team on a board or a forum dedicated to that team.  It's no surprise that a Canucks fan doesn't have enough class to recognize that.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

That's lame.

There's a nice, handy feature for you to never have to see my posts ever again.  Use it.  If you don't, my guess is that you wait for me to post on here, just so that you can take a verbal cheap shot at me with some lame reference to a riot, biting, or diving.

Don't lay any b.s. garbage on me, just because I provide an outlet for your childish diatribes.  If you were serious about not wanting me here, just hit ignore, and for all intents and purposes, I'm gone.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Pure Class : That's lame. There's a nice, handy feature for you to never have to see my posts ever again.  Use it.  If you don't, my guess is that you wait for me to post on here, just so that you can take a verbal cheap shot at me with some lame reference to a riot, biting, or diving. Don't lay any b.s. garbage on me, just because I provide an outlet for your childish diatribes.  If you were serious about not wanting me here, just hit ignore, and for all intents and purposes, I'm gone.
    Posted by 49-North

Or, you could go talk Canuck hockey with Canuck fans and leave the Bruins group (you know, the people that hate every single thing about your favorite team) to talk about Bruins hockey.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Still think Chimera is pure class?  I'll bet McQuaid doesn't think so.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Posted by Crowls2424

A guy is flying in for a big hit and McQuaid turns his face to the boards.

Stupid play by McQuaid.  And let the record show, it's not like I'm some sort of big Chimera fan.  This thread shows, however, that Chimera isn't a dirty player.

Thanks for the reminder.  I forgot about this.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Posted by Crowls2424

really Crowls ?  Chimera did not plan to hurt McQuaid . 
    He was engaged when McQuaid turns his back.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Pure Class : really Crowls ?  Chimera did not plan to hurt McQuaid .  He was engaged when McQuaid turns his back.
    Posted by BsLegion

So it was inappropriate of me to bring this thread up?  Seemed relevant after the heaping praise Chimera received for one play back in January. 

This play/outcome is materially different, no?  Relevant?

Sections
Shortcuts