Put Chara & Seids against Kesler, not the twins!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Put Chara & Seids against Kesler, not the twins!

I honestly think that Ference & Boychuk can handle the twins! They've shown when you hit them a lot; they'll go MIA! I think with Ference he won't match their speed with the puck; but he can do enough to throw them off.
    Unless Kesler is more hurt than reported; I'd put the big man against him. You know where Kesler will be almost everytime the pucks in the B's zone. So put you're two toughest D-men against their toughest player.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Re: Put Chara & Seids against Kesler, not the twins!

Nah, the way they're playing.  Bruins need to counter that with their best

Let Ferrence and Boychuck take Kesler with help from Bergeron

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

why is it that no one knows how to spell "ference"

also...ahhh, no

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

In Response to Put Chara & Seids against Kesler, not the twins!:
    I honestly think that Ference & Boychuk can handle the twins! They've shown when you hit them a lot; they'll go MIA! I think with Ference he won't match their speed with the puck; but he can do enough to throw them off. Unless Kesler is more hurt than reported; I'd put the big man against him. You know where Kesler will be almost everytime the pucks in the B's zone. So put you're two toughest D-men against their toughest player.
    Posted by nitemare-38
     Interesting idea but ultimately I don't think I would do it .I think the Sedins would cause Boychuk a lot of problems . 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ference and Boychuk have the matchup of the series against Kesler. There will be some instances where it will be unbearable too watch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Chara totally eliminated the Twins earlier in the year.  If we shut them down and then have our #1 line going against Kesler I like our chances.  Ference and Boychuk will be the perfect sand paper for Kesler 
    Line matching is very important and if the twins are shut down it adds more pressure on Kesler who is being used to shut our best line down.
    I know a lot of the outsiders are doubting this team against Van.  But I feel almost better about this matchup then I did the last. Van plays a similar game.  We are gonna go toe to toe with them in hits.  he Twins and Burrows pose no physical threat to Chara. 
    I really can't wait to get going. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

This is the most important thread I have read.  Julien must use Chara wisely, making sure ryan kessler and the sedin bros don't light the lamps

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Boychuk up against two of the league's elite?....

i hope not....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

In Response to Re: Put Chara & Seids against Kesler, not the twins!:
    Boychuk up against two of the league's elite?....   i hope not....
    Posted by days-of-Orr

this..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

I would put Chara & Seids against the Twins and Bergy against Kessler's line.

If we can stay even with the top two lines, and stay out of the penalty box, i think that our scoring depth can win this series.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I would much rather have Bergeron on the ice with the Sedins'.  We need a defensive technician who will stay calm and Bergy is the right guy.  Marchand will be an extremely effective pest playing the body on any given chance.  I think you would see more Peverley with them because of the overall speed between the Sedin brothers and Burrows. The lack of a physical side from these guys seems like just an added bonus making it an ideal fit for Bergeron still coming off a recent head injury.  I'm not sure I want to see Kessler constantly checking and hounding Bergeron.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I would much rather have Bergeron on the ice with the Sedins'.  We need a defensive technician who will stay calm and Bergy is the right guy.  Marchand will be an extremely effective pest playing the body on any given chance.  I think you would see more Peverley with them beecause of the overall speed between the Sedin brothers and Burrows. The lack of a physical side from these guys seems like just an added bonus making it an ideal fit for Bergeron still coming off a recent surgery.  I'm not sure I want to see Kessler constantly checking and hounding Bergeron.
    Posted by RickyHussle

What you're saying makes a lot of sense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Not sure that Boychuck is a good shut down D.  I like McQuaid better in that role!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

You guys just don't "get" the Sedins, do you?

Not that I blame you;  Eastern teams don't get too many looks at them.

They actually WANT players to run at them;  then they pass the puck to the now vacated spot on the ice, where the other Sedin or Burrows has now moved into, for a clean shot on net.  Contrary to popular belief, they're not soft. Ask Ben Eager. Check out the Canucks' site, or YouTube "Sedin goals";  you'll see exactly how they operate.  I'm sure that the Bruins' coaching staff has done their homework  They won't be instructing anyone to go out of their way to run either Henrik or Daniel.  Sorry Bruins fans, the only way to play the Sedins is with great positional defensive hockey (i.e. how Nashville plays).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

We don't need a hockey lesson on here.  If getting the Gazoo Twins is shutting them down like Chara did earlier this year then we understand.  The Gazoo Twins have been pretty invisible until the last series.  Chara is the best shut down dman in the league and Bergie one of the best 2 way fwds in the league.  Chara isnt known for running around.  Maybe you should watch more Bruins games and realize the twins have not faced a mountain this large.  And they havent played against a Vezina winning goalie either. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

"Sorry Bruins fans, the only way to play the Sedins is with great positional defensive hockey (i.e. how Nashville plays)."

You do realize we have one of the best defensive systems in the hockey don't you? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

You guys just don't "get" the Sedins, do you? Not that I blame you;  Eastern teams don't get too many looks at them. They actually WANT players to run at them;  then they pass the puck to the now vacated spot on the ice, where the other Sedin or Burrows has now moved into, for a clean shot on net.  Contrary to popular belief, they're not soft. Ask Ben Eager. Check out the Canucks' site, or YouTube "Sedin goals";  you'll see exactly how they operate.  I'm sure that the Bruins' coaching staff has done their homework  They won't be instructing anyone to go out of their way to run either Henrik or Daniel.  Sorry Bruins fans, the only way to play the Sedins is with great positional defensive hockey (i.e. how Nashville plays).
    Posted by 49-North

If you feel the need to explain to us about "great positional defensive hockey" then you've never really watched the Bruins. Nashville's team and defensive schemes are essentially just like "Boston lite". Boston's whole defensive scheme is based upon staying in position and forcing the opposition to find a way to create their own holes to break through. For the record, looking up and seeing Chara for at least 4 games in a row is something the Sedins' have never done. I expect they'll find out fairly early that he's not just another good D-man. He's bigger and in better shape than any player they've ever faced. Maybe it won't make a difference to them but it sure does for most people.......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

(Sigh)

What do you think EVERY team tries to do when game-planning against the Canucks?  How about "Shut down the Sedins".

And yet, with the collective brainpower of all 29 other NHL coaching staffs at work, Henrik won the Art Ross & Hart Trophies last year, and Daniel has won the Art Ross and may very well win the Hart this year. And, Henrik is leading the playoffs in scoring, and Daniel has 8 goals, same as Horton.

Good luck to Julien et al, in attempting to succeed where other teams have failed.  Oh, and when the Sedins were contained, Kesler single-handedly destroyed the Predators.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

(Sigh) What do you think EVERY team tries to do when game-planning against the Canucks?  How about "Shut down the Sedins". And yet, with the collective brainpower of all 29 other NHL coaching staffs at work, Henrik won the Art Ross & Hart Trophies last year, and Daniel has won the Art Ross and may very well win the Hart this year. And, Henrik is leading the playoffs in scoring, and Daniel has 8 goals, same as Horton. Good luck to Julien et al, in attempting to succeed where other teams have failed.  Oh, and when the Sedins were contained, Kesler single-handedly destroyed the Predators.
    Posted by 49-North

(SIGH) Did any of the other 28 teams have Chara and Thomas in their lineups? There's a reason Boston and Van are in the finals. It's because they're better than the other 28 teams. Thanks for dropping in to "enliighten" us though................

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

(Sigh) What do you think EVERY team tries to do when game-planning against the Canucks?  How about "Shut down the Sedins". And yet, with the collective brainpower of all 29 other NHL coaching staffs at work, Henrik won the Art Ross & Hart Trophies last year, and Daniel has won the Art Ross and may very well win the Hart this year. And, Henrik is leading the playoffs in scoring, and Daniel has 8 goals, same as Horton. Good luck to Julien et al, in attempting to succeed where other teams have failed.  Oh, and when the Sedins were contained, Kesler single-handedly destroyed the Predators.
    Posted by 49-North

Guess you missed the only contest this year where Chara may have played his best game of the season.  If they thought Webber was tough can you imagine
    4+ games of the best shutdown dman in the league. 

And I will give credit where credit is due.  Your top6-8 dmen are outstanding.  But did anyone really challenge them?  I mean really get in their grill and pound them.  Chicago?  I don't think so.  Nashville? C'mon, I like them but can you name their top 2 lines w/o looking.  And then the Sharks.  Love Clowe but he is having surgery.  Murray was a beast.  Imagine what Chara brings. 

I am not taking anything away from the Sedins.  They are pure magic.  When they get time and space.  Space has been eliminated by a 6'9" giant norris trophy winner. 

And I am sure CJ has watched the video.  Hopefully Van has as well b/c this Bruin team can play any style you want.  And we always keep coming back for more.  When we are down we find a way to win. 

Its gonna be a lot of fun. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Posted by 49-North

The Predators and their 50 pt leading scorer are not the Bruins.  Kesler will have to deal with DK/Horton/Lucic.  Don't think he will light it up as much when having his mush mushed after every whistle.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

You guys just don't "get" the Sedins, do you? Not that I blame you;  Eastern teams don't get too many looks at them. They actually WANT players to run at them;  then they pass the puck to the now vacated spot on the ice, where the other Sedin or Burrows has now moved into, for a clean shot on net.  Contrary to popular belief, they're not soft. Ask Ben Eager. Check out the Canucks' site, or YouTube "Sedin goals";  you'll see exactly how they operate.  I'm sure that the Bruins' coaching staff has done their homework  They won't be instructing anyone to go out of their way to run either Henrik or Daniel.  Sorry Bruins fans, the only way to play the Sedins is with great positional defensive hockey (i.e. how Nashville plays).
    Posted by 49-North

The Bs coaching staff has been preaching that all year long.  Lucic was almost invisible this year as he was instructed to play positionally.  Now for the Sedins do the "rope a dope hockey" in the offensive zone, the Bs will have to play soft. The Bs are not soft.  The Sedins are not tough but they are not soft.  Checking does not mean along the boards, the Bs players will take postion with toughness. Going to the net will not be an easy thing.  I honestly think Chara and to a lesser degree Thomas have something to prove.  Lastly,  the Tampa media (like the Vancouver spin machinists) pronounced their forwards as the best in the league.  The are the best and they are playing golf.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The amount of icetime Chara and Seidenberg get they will be facing the the Sedin and Kesler lines the majority of the time anyway.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Lots of talk -- can't wait for Wednesday.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I think the one thing we have in common is our recent playoff failures.  Not sure either side has the right to pound their chest.

Should be a great matchup.  Please feel free to drop by all series.   

Sections
Shortcuts