Put The Draft Pick Up For Sale

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

Put The Draft Pick Up For Sale

Put Toronto's first pick(Bruins First Pick) up for sale on the trading market now and see what kind of offers the Bruins get. This team is good, they may be one more real good player away. We have the goalie, the future is now PC, go for it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Re: Put The Draft Pick Up For Sale

I wouldn't like to see that. Based on the CHL scouting report, this years crop of juniors top 5 is really good. Blue chippers. All of them. We could get a blue chip D man. I like that idea a whole lot better....just a thought.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

It all depends where Toronto finishes.  The problem with that is the value of the pick goes down with Toronto's rise.  Now, if TO seems to be headed in the right direction (wrong for us) then deal it now while the value is perceived higher than it will end up. If you think it will remain a lottery pick, hang on to it. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Put The Draft Pick Up For Sale:
    [QUOTE]It all depends where Toronto finishes.  The problem with that is the value of the pick goes down with Toronto's rise.  Now, if TO seems to be headed in the right direction (wrong for us) then deal it now while the value is perceived higher than it will end up. If you think it will remain a lottery pick, hang on to it. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]
    I don't care if it becomes 1st pick overall.If the right deal came along I'd move it because 1st pick next year won't help Boston win this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Put The Draft Pick Up For Sale : I don't care if it becomes 1st pick overall.If the right deal came along I'd move it because 1st pick next year won't help Boston win this year.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Do you think they are that close?  I'm not so sure.  I like the idea of contending for a long time, therefore increasing the number of opportunities to take a run at the cup.  I doubt the pick alone would yield a difference maker which means dealing some other assets.  I'm not sold on that idea. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Put The Draft Pick Up For Sale : I don't care if it becomes 1st pick overall.If the right deal came along I'd move it because 1st pick next year won't help Boston win this year.
    Ya...Adam Larsson or Sean Couturier would have NO impact on the team next year. Larsson is already better than some of the defensemen we have on our roster, and Sean Couturier is the PERFECT fit for CJ's system. Think a MUCH, MUCH more offensively skilled version of Jordan Staal. If you saw his defensive skills, you'd think he was a defensemen.

With that being said, neither of these players will make it past the 3rd pick. Personally, I think a guy like Keith Yandle would be a better addition than say the defensemen you'd get at #5 (yes, it will be a d-man at #5), whether that is Dougie Hamilton or Ryan Murphy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Put The Draft Pick Up For Sale : Ya...Adam Larsson or Sean Couturier would have NO impact on the team next year. Larsson is already better than some of the defensemen we have on our roster, and Sean Couturier is the PERFECT fit for CJ's system. Think a MUCH, MUCH more offensively skilled version of Jordan Staal. If you saw his defensive skills, you'd think he was a defensemen. With that being said, neither of these players will make it past the 3rd pick. Personally, I think a guy like Keith Yandle would be a better addition than say the defensemen you'd get at #5 (yes, it will be a d-man at #5), whether that is Dougie Hamilton or Ryan Murphy.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]
    I live in the maritimes so I've had plenty of opportunities to see Coutourier but thanks for the update.These guys your talking about must be awesome talents if they'd be able to jump in a time machine and help us NOW.I don't remember saying those players wouldn't help next year but thanks for the answer to a question nobody asked.....very helpful.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Put The Draft Pick Up For Sale : Do you think they are that close?  I'm not so sure.  I like the idea of contending for a long time, therefore increasing the number of opportunities to take a run at the cup.  I doubt the pick alone would yield a difference maker which means dealing some other assets.  I'm not sold on that idea. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]
    I do think we're that close Scooter.Monumetal collapse aside,Boston was an OT winner away from sweeping Philly last year and we know how close they eventually came.If we were able to add Bogosian for instance,I'd move the pick.Larsson and others might be great NHL players eventually but we know Bogosian is good now.Parise-same thing.I'm not talking about tossing a lottery pick for a Kovalev or Brewer but I would for a Nash or Eric Johnson.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

So to help the NOW, is it written that you have to use the #1 pick ? It would be nice if a deal could be done without using it. I only say that because Blue Chipper means can't miss. Would be nice to have a can't miss in our system. just a thought.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]So to help the NOW, is it written that you have to use the #1 pick ? It would be nice if a deal could be done without using it. I only say that because Blue Chipper means can't miss. Would be nice to have a can't miss in our system. just a thought.
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]
    That's what I'm getting at.A pick is still a gamble.A player like Rick Nash is a cant-miss already.I also never said we should just throw the pick out there for just anything but that for the right player,it would/should be in play.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

If a draft pick is a gamble ( Hall, Crosby, Stamkos etc). then why do the hockey teams and their scouts believe that a Blue Chipper is a "can't miss" and there fore use their draft choice on them ? I'm just saying, if you can do a deal without using the draft pick, this particular draft year, is one to have a top 5 choice. Next, maybe, not so much. With the draft lottery for the top 5 losers, we still have a chance at #1 over all. No team would trade that pick away this draft. just a thought.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"but every player/pick in this league should be for sale for the right price"

Can't argue with that as Orr and Gretzky were traded so can a #1 pick for the right price.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]dez - i can only agree 110% with you.  The time to win is now.   Do we really want to go on another 3 year plan?   Savvy was aprt of the plan to win now.  It's a major setback, but there's no reason to go back to 06-07 again. 
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]
    Yeah,I'd obviously love to be able to get an impact player AND hold onto that pick but that might not be possible.I can't imagine any pick in next years draft being as good as a Parise or Nash(at least not immediately that is).
    And Stuke we already have a blue chip,can't miss in our system.His name is Tyler Seguin.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Put The Draft Pick Up For Sale : I do think we're that close Scooter.Monumetal collapse aside,Boston was an OT winner away from sweeping Philly last year and we know how close they eventually came.If we were able to add Bogosian for instance,I'd move the pick.Larsson and others might be great NHL players eventually but we know Bogosian is good now.Parise-same thing.I'm not talking about tossing a lottery pick for a Kovalev or Brewer but I would for a Nash or Eric Johnson.

I hope you're right.  I'd love a long run this year.  One of my best freinds is a Hawks fan.  I watched him go through it last year and it looked like a lot of fun!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I sure hope so....Would be nice to draft a Blue Chipper on DEFENCE. just a thought, something the Bruins are looking for now, as well as someone up front. Your right, it might take our first round pick to pry the caliber of player that everyone would expect. sure hope the cap thing works next season....just a thought.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Ok Toronto's pick for Dustin Penner or Chris Neil

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Stuke, if we get the 5th pick, and keep it, we could very well get that blue chipper on the blueline, in either Ryan Murphy or Dougie Hamilton. I'm a big Ryan Murphy fan, but he needs some work on his defense, but is a better offensive player & PP QB than Hamilton (although he is pretty darn good as well).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Well it's only a few weeks till the trade deadline. I  guess we all will see how this thing shakes out. It's all about a great Bruin team.  PS : please please please, let's bet the Habs !!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In today's Edmonton Journal, PC is quoted as saying his #1 draft pick is up for trade. He'll listen to all comers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Only trade the Toronto pick if you get a player under 25 in return.  Zach Bogosian sounds right.

Sections
Shortcuts