1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Re: Put The Lines Back

In response to LoyalBlackNGold's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kitchener's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No leave the lines alone.

[/QUOTE]

kitch, honest question. what do think of smiths play for last month in a half and also his play today? not trying to argue just want different voice.

[/QUOTE]

I like his hustle,and his speed on that line,sure would like to see him score some more goals again,but that line is producing so why break them up,for that matter the third line is playing well so why make changes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

20,000 posts? How much time is that?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

CORK IT.  (It's embarrassing.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

The team is playing so well, I agree keeping the status quo, to be the best option.

I also, see nothing in Eriksson's game that makes him a better option on the 2nd line.

Reilly Smith's production has really slowed, but I don't really see that his overall play has declined. Against Chicago, for instance, he could have had 4 points. A great save by Crawford prevented him from a goal, and I saw 3 very creative passes to teammates that were not converted.

Young players have peaks and valleys. If his play isn't hurting the team in the win/loss column, let him play through this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 49thparallel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

CORK IT.  (It's embarrassing.)

[/QUOTE]

no its embarrassing when u have like oh i dont know 5,176 post and still havent said anything remotely interesting about the boston bruins but people in this forum protect this clown like corky thatcher's parents in the show life goes on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

If you make really good soup, with all the great contents, seasoned just right, and selling like it hasn't in 90 years......... do you look at changing the recipe, or do you consider focusing on other area's of your menu for improvement.

Maybe that's the folly.  It happens everywhere around us.  The notion that fekking with things is automatically visionary and pro active, while choosing to leave things intact is being complacent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

[QUOTE]

Okay, so now that Eriksson is back to the ice and has had some turns on the third line, I think it's time to put him back with better players and let his ability start to shine.

The playoff picture is fine.  They can dick around for a couple of games with line combos to see if there is a better match.  I'm going to guess that Eriksson with Bergeron and Marchand will be a better match than Smith with those two.

For the last 20 games, Smith is 1-5-6.  Playing with Bergeron and Marchand, a Skating Clown could have those stats.

Put Eriksson back!

[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%.  Smith is not cutting it playing against other team's second lines.  He is young and I am sure he will come around again but for now he should go to the third.  

Adding Louie to the second line could give the B's two of the best first lines in the NHL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Okay, so now that Eriksson is back to the ice and has had some turns on the third line, I think it's time to put him back with better players and let his ability start to shine.

The playoff picture is fine.  They can dick around for a couple of games with line combos to see if there is a better match.  I'm going to guess that Eriksson with Bergeron and Marchand will be a better match than Smith with those two.

For the last 20 games, Smith is 1-5-6.  Playing with Bergeron and Marchand, a Skating Clown could have those stats.

Put Eriksson back!

[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%.  Smith is not cutting it playing against other team's second lines.  He is young and I am sure he will come around again but for now he should go to the third.  

Adding Louie to the second line could give the B's two of the best first lines in the NHL.

[/QUOTE]
    That's exactly what they have already.

And as an added bonus, with the current combinations, they have arguably the 3rd best line in the league.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Loui is doing nothing to prove that he belongs to the 2nd line more than Smith. It's Soderberg who is a killer since he's playing center...he is the reason why the third is doing great.

So, why put Eriksson on the second ? Let him heal from his concussions and we'll see next year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

7 games left and what is there to play for:

1.       Playoff preparation

2.       Continuity and consistency

3.       President cup

In the next 5 or 6 games we will start to rest players a game or two like Chara, Bergy, Iggy…..

There will be times to look at different line ups, different D combo’s etc. Have Svedberg come up for another game. When we had the Olympic break and returned it took us a couple of games to get back in the groove. We can change things up again say on game 79 and 80. And then play a game or two with a playoff preview say game 81. It’s good to do this as an injury can force the issue and we will be ready for it.

We see changes taking place on a game by game now with the D. Krug was out last game.

We see Smith taken off the PP and other slight changes. We see Erickson being used more and he is responding as he is getting more engaged offensively all the time. He takes care of the D first then makes good offensive decisions. Remember the puck goes faster than any skater. He knows where to put the puck and he knows where to be. Look for CJ at some point to give him another look with Bergy and Marchand.

We are sitting in a luxury position where we do not have to over play anyone going down the stretch like almost every other team will be doing.  It’s a good place to be. It’s time to play for playoff preparation and get ready for 16W’s.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

just saying, lame as the shootout is, Smith scored where others didn't and the Bruins banked 2 more points - on the road - toward a President's Trophy and home ice advantage throughout the Playoffs. Smith (and Rsk) won the Bruins the game.

It was a significant and timely goal - and took a dirty move, a goal-scorer's move, to do it. It showed a perfect mixture of confidence and optimism by Claude. This is one to build on. Smith has had some really good looks in recent games. Funk finished, I say.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I'm still not convinced that a stronger second line and a weaker third line would win more games.  Actually, I think the opposite would happen.  Having Soderberg play with Kelly and Smith would be a step back.  Having three scoring lines will create a lot of problems for opposing coaches in the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

In generial the second line gets more ice time 5 on 5. having Eriksson on the ice more may be a real good thing. But at this point in time its about the looks. Our best lineups may already be inplace. It could be Eriksson is not moved up to the second line because of his play with Soderberg and Kelly more so than the lack of production of Smith. Its all good. Smith is playing well just not finishing right now. First full season for him a little less play or day off and then back in may be just what the doctor ordered.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Not including the shootout (which doesn't count), Smith has one goal in his last 24 games.  Seven assists.

24 games 1-7-8

Can anyone tell me that a change isn't warranted?  I don't get it.  If this were someone else, he'd be burned in effigy for those numbers.

ONE GOAL IN 24 GAMES ON THE SECOND LINE!  Paille and Thornton have two each since then.  Come on.

Save your "don't want to break up the third line" BS, and save your "they're winning so leave it alone" BS.  The playoffs are coming.  Do you really want to see a black hole on the second line?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Beautiful!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:[QUOTE] Actually, I think the opposite would happen.  Having Soderberg play with Kelly and Smith would be a step back.  [/QUOTE]

This is more in line to what I think Julien's thoughts are. Soderberg has chemistry with Eriksson but he is not finishing. Probably doesn't want Carl to start over with Smith now this late.

I actually thought that Julien would have tried by now. He had mentioned he thought about it. No going back now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Not to beat a dead horse, but the Toronto game really highlighted the benefits of the balanced line approach. Did anyone look at Caron-Kelly-Smith and get horrible flashbacks about last year's 3rd line awfulness? Forget the line mixing to try to eek out a little better production by "bumping up" Loui. Go with what got you there....Smith on the 2nd line, Eriksson on the 3rd. Give the other team fits up and down the lineup.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not to beat a dead horse, but the Toronto game really highlighted the benefits of the balanced line approach. Did anyone look at Caron-Kelly-Smith and get horrible flashbacks about last year's 3rd line awfulness? Forget the line mixing to try to eek out a little better production by "bumping up" Loui. Go with what got you there....Smith on the 2nd line, Eriksson on the 3rd. Give the other team fits up and down the lineup.

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this one. I for one don't need all 3 guys on fire at the same time. Having all 3 guys in synch means more, and having 3 good scoring lines and a gelled thumper line will mean more in the playoffs. The past two games the B's have "rested" some people and have not coincidentally looked a bit out of synch both games.

Unless you believe they've lost solely because Caron was in the lineup (and I have no evidence to refute that theory). :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Any time Caron is on the ice, I get horrible flashbacks...of really bad Bruins teams.   Poor guy.  He tries.  He just sucks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]

Any time Caron is on the ice, I get horrible flashbacks...of really bad Bruins teams.   Poor guy.  He tries.  He just sucks.

[/QUOTE]

He's worse than just sucking. He's a non-factor. I would actually prefer someone who tries and sucks (Bartkowski) over someone who's just....there. I mean, every single time media or fans think he's on his last shot, he does absolutely nothing. How can someone have absolutely no impact on the game, positive or negative? It's heroic in a way.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Caron on any line is the KOD = Kiss Of Death.  It's just painful.  

Give Spooner some shifts, please.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

For your guys info Caron is actually an acronym for:

C-chain

A-anchor

R-right

O-on

N-neck

I hope this helps.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:[QUOTE] Did anyone look at Caron-Kelly-Smith and get horrible flashbacks about last year's 3rd line awfulness ? [/QUOTE]

Yes and also very glad a slug Daugvins wasn't on the team any longer.

"Give Spooner some shifts, please."

Which begs the question - why wasn't he in the game with a center out ?

Why call Spooner up then ?

I think the lines are set for the playofss outside the last defenseman.