Put your PC pitchforks down

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Put your PC pitchforks down

In response to JWensink's comment:

You really need to watch the video again.

I did- and what I'm saying is that the premise is that the offers were the same, and Iginla chose Pitt. I disagree with the 1st part of that premise. I'm saying that if Boston's offer was better than the Pitt offer, it would have been a done deal. And if that's true ...then a 1st rounder and two college prospects should have been easy to make a no brainer for the player and the flames. Obviously that didn't happen, and to exclude it as a factor isn't being realistic.

YES he would choose Pitt over Boston IF the offers were comparable. I don't believe that Iginla would say no to Boston if it was in the best interest of the Flames, because that was the best offer. That didn't happen, so to say it was just because he wanted Pitt, isn't a fair assesment.

It has nothing to do with the offers.  Nothing.  He was going to pitt.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm going to end up posting basically the same idea on 50 threads, so bear with me.

Get speed.  They don't need Clowe.  They need speed.  When they won the Cup, the killed teams with speed - got on them instantly on defense, disrupted their PP, and attacked on offense.  That year, they added two guys who weren't the sniper everyone wanted (Iginla?) who are fast, fast skaters.  Overall, this team is at its best when playing with speed - then they beat the Leafs, who try to thug it up with them, and they beat the speedy teams by being fast enough to play physically with them.  I've liked Camallieri since he was a Canadian Jr.  He and Marchand are cut from the same cloth.  He's fast, clever, shifty and rises to the occasion.  If it's not him, whatever.  But whoever it is should play a speed game.

Because whatever else Pitt has done the last week or so, they've gotten older and slower.  And as talented as they are, a fast, relentless team will take them to the woodshed the way the Flyers did last year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Why would Iginla care who the Flames are getting in return ? Jerome could have changed his mind after getting a gazillion texts from Sid "Don't chhose Boston i'll teach you how to dive n complain allot. Boston's the least penalized team in the league, you won't be on the PP allot."

Iginla had the right to choose his team, Pittsburgh looks better to him. That is it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

i agree on the kudos for PC. This edition of Bruins is less than perfect, and part of the problem is coaching. Best example is the Ryder score. Everyone was following the play to the right and left the left side open. This is not the first time, as this same problem has been happening  for more than this year. That's a coaching problem. Philly owned that left side shot all last year. Iginla isn't the only skilled scorer out there. What has he done to lead Calgary ? He would fit in with thw Bruins, but PC probably knows the limits of this team beter than we do, and will go the cheaper route until he can get what he wants.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Books, I bet if the Pens started a series against the Habs tomorrow they beat the Pens just like they did a few years ago. You got it  "speed ".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Because whatever else Pitt has done the last week or so, they've gotten older and slower. "

Glad someone else has seen this!

@Legion - "books" really ? LoL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I'm going to end up posting basically the same idea on 50 threads, so bear with me.

Get speed.  They don't need Clowe.  They need speed.  When they won the Cup, the killed teams with speed - got on them instantly on defense, disrupted their PP, and attacked on offense.  That year, they added two guys who weren't the sniper everyone wanted (Iginla?) who are fast, fast skaters.  Overall, this team is at its best when playing with speed - then they beat the Leafs, who try to thug it up with them, and they beat the speedy teams by being fast enough to play physically with them.  I've liked Camallieri since he was a Canadian Jr.  He and Marchand are cut from the same cloth.  He's fast, clever, shifty and rises to the occasion.  If it's not him, whatever.  But whoever it is should play a speed game.

Because whatever else Pitt has done the last week or so, they've gotten older and slower.  And as talented as they are, a fast, relentless team will take them to the woodshed the way the Flyers did last year.

I agree on cammalleri and older. I disagree on pitt speed.  They already are one of the fastest teams in the league that may have had heart issues.  So with older they also added a heart that will go through walls.  This heart also recently had world class skill.  Its not gone overnight or bc of a slow start.  When you mix this with superstars on both lines its lethal.  huge factor is coaching.  Pitt has an outstanding coach.  He gets the best outta his players. 

Cammalleri is target one.  Clowe is target 2 bc unlike horton/lucic he brings it every night.  Frans Neilson likely will get me laughed outta here(again) but he knows how to play against sid.  the back end needs likely 2 pieces.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I will use detroit as my guide.  Detroit in the past always picked up these types of players.  Like shanny, hull, chelios etc etc.  its whats in the room.  They are pieces of a puzzle.  I could look at it as an age or speed thing and yes this could be a factor.  But these guys know how to win and are pure heart.  It may have been what pitt was lacking last year.  There is jo way around it but to tip your cap and say wow.  Now its time to make smart moves which i think pc will do.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Why would Iginla care who the Flames are getting in return ? Jerome could have changed his mind after getting a gazillion texts from Sid "Don't chhose Boston i'll teach you how to dive n complain allot. Boston's the least penalized team in the league, you won't be on the PP allot."

Iginla had the right to choose his team, Pittsburgh looks better to him. That is it.

dog

because he played there for 16 yrs, and because Boston was on his list. The question isn't wether he would choose Pitt over Boston if the offers were similar - the question is why were the offers similar considering that the Pitt offer blowz.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm in the camp that doesn't think the offers were that similar.  Boston's was better.  Koko is the best prospect involved.  Iggy, as much as I like him, represents two very negative things here:

-Selfish in that he didn't help his former team get the best value for him.

-The NBA dynasty mentality.  Plotting among top players to all play together on a dynasty together so they can get their precious rings.  That's an all star team in Pittsburgh that couldn't be resigned for single season.

The good news is that the NHL isn't like the pathetic NBA where 3 stars and a few role players can roll to a championship.  Hoarding a bunch of stars rarely works in the NHL.  Let's all hope to God it doesn't work this time.  

I came away from last night with a renewed passion to see two teams fail -- Montreal and Pittsburgh.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I'm in the camp that doesn't think the offers were that similar.  Boston's was better.  Koko is the best prospect involved.  Iggy, as much as I like him, represents two very negative things here:

-Selfish in that he didn't help his former team get the best value for him.

-The NBA dynasty mentality.  Plotting among top players to all play together on a dynasty together so they can get their precious rings.  That's an all star team in Pittsburgh that couldn't be resigned for single season.

The good news is that the NHL isn't like the pathetic NBA where 3 stars and a few role players can roll to a championship.  Hoarding a bunch of stars rarely works in the NHL.  Let's all hope to God it doesn't work this time.  

I came away from last night with a renewed passion to see two teams fail -- Montreal and Pittsburgh.

Here here.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

dog

because he played there for 16 yrs, and because Boston was on his list. The question isn't wether he would choose Pitt over Boston if the offers were similar - the question is why were the offers similar considering that the Pitt offer blowz.

With an NMC/NTC the player still gets to choose. Feaster could have said "you have a choice between Boston and Pittsburgh". PC will have a job this summer and Featsr will not, gonna throw that in there as well.

That all I'm saying JDUB.

PS. Hey Legion- Did Feaster go to college with KoKo ? LoL!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Hey if the bruins could beat pitt, he might've come to b town.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

You have to consider that the offers made were a factor in the decision - that was clearly stated.

1st rounder, and two college , prospects - is why Iginla isn't in Boston. 

Feaster said multiple times that the player chose his destination. Offers had little bearing on the outcome.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

You have to consider that the offers made were a factor in the decision - that was clearly stated.

Feaster said multiple times that the player chose his destination. Offers had little bearing on the outcome.

Yes...based on the fact that the B's offer wasn't better than the Pitt offer.  WHY NOT ?

It never got to ...hey Jarome the bruins really want you, and they put the best offer on the table which would be the right thing to do for our franchise.

It was...Jarome we have some offers Pitt's is a little better than the B's

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yes...based on the fact that the B's offer wasn't better than the Pitt offer.  WHY NOT ?

It never got to ...hey Jarome the bruins really want you, and they put the best offer on the table which would be the right thing to do for our franchise.

It was...Jarome we have some offers Pitt's is a little better than the B's.

On paper Pittsburgh is great and we know how many President's Trophy winners have won the cup.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@DarrenDreger:

"Some believe Iginla's choice to play with the Penguins was made long before the decision and trade was made final last night."

"if that's true, then the b's never had a chance."

Thank you Red, the dead horse is still dead.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

OK - maybe somebody can explain why the B's offer wasn't as good as a 1st rounder and two college players. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

OK - maybe somebody can explain why the B's offer wasn't as good as a 1st rounder and two college players. 

It's a moot point if Dreger is right - he wouldn't have come here regardless of the offer. Time to move on.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Well it ain't moot if PC was trying to get it done, which he was. So why wasn't the b's offer better than the piece of sh1t the Pens put on the table ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to red75's comment:

It's a moot point if Dreger is right - he wouldn't have come here regardless of the offer. Time to move on.

If Dreger is right then PC looks even more foolish, to be played like that not once, but twice this week.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Personally I think it was a better offer, but the quality of the offer is moot. Iginla decided to go to the Pens, so it didn't matter what anyone else offered.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

hopeless apologist

How could Calgary turn down Bartkowski, Koko and a "conditional" pick

PC wanted him, and didn't go for it- The Pitt offer suks and it was better

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

"I'd love to get my first crack at one Cup," said Iginla. "Pittsburgh has the two best players in the world. It's really hard as a player to pass up the opportunity to play on a team with Sid and Malkin."

Sounds to me like it was his choice...

Sections
Shortcuts