Put your PC pitchforks down

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Put your PC pitchforks down

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Darren Dreger: Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli said that he was told at noon yesterday that they had a deal for Jarome Iginla. It is now clear that Iginla must have directed the Flames towards the Penguins. Boston Bruins: Chiarelli: ”we brought up Torey, scratched Koko and Bart – relied on the fact that we had the deal”

When you tell someone you have a deal, it is a deal.

Exactly.  If PC's offer wasn't enough (it appeared to be more than the Pens...), then Feaster should have said so, instead of saying 'we have a deal'.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

do some here really think that PC will be calling Feaster anytime soon?....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

Calling him what?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Calling him what?

something blankety blank!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

lol.....I have a few PC could borrow.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

It wouldn't matter if PC offered Chara and Bergeron for him. The final decision was Iginla's. It's no different than Sundin refusing to leave Toronto.

If the B's deal was much better than the Pitt deal, it's my guess that Feaster wouldn't have even mentioned the Pitt deal.  It's not like Feaster was obligated to present every trade offer to Iginla. 

Sundin just wouldn't agree to be traded.  Iginla was ready to go. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Dollars to donuts the thing that "scotched" the deal was Feaster calling Shero, or Shero checking in with Feaster, and the Pens hearing that the Flames were going to make a deal with Boston. No details - nothing untoward.  Might not even have been "We're making the deal with teh Bruins" just "sorry, Ray, we're going anoter direction".  And Shero calls Sidney and Sidney calls Jarome and says we really want you.  Tell them you want to come here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

It wouldn't matter if PC offered Chara and Bergeron for him. The final decision was Iginla's. It's no different than Sundin refusing to leave Toronto.

If the B's deal was much better than the Pitt deal, it's my guess that Feaster wouldn't have even mentioned the Pitt deal.  It's not like Feaster was obligated to present every trade offer to Iginla. 

Sundin originally claimed to be ready to go too. Regardless, it was no secret that the Pens were also interested. I just saw interview with Shero in which he said that he too thought things had fallen through and that Iginla was going to Boston. Sounds like everyone involved felt that Iginla held all of the cards. That was his right. He used it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

So when approaching deals in the future, Chiarelli should make sure that his offers are "much better" than any other team?  If the B's deal was much better than the other offers, then that's bad negotiating by Chiarelli.  And Calgary wasn't even asking for more.  They apparently just needed a sniff of Iginla's jock on his way out the door.

If the Bruins wanted Iginla then PC's job is to get the best deal on the table and then confirm with Feaster that it will work for them.  Exactly what happened.  Except that Feaster then went back and let the player overrule him and make the final decision.  How can PC work with that scenario?  You've gotta assume the GM will take the best deal for his team...its kind of his job.  

And maybe Chiarelli would have thrown in a 2nd rounder, if Feaster doesn't tell him they have a deal.  It's not common in negotiations to keep offering more after a deal is reached.

Note that Chiarelli was also not allowed to contact Iginla directly.  What else was he supposed to do?  Trade for Crosby first? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I was listening to Ken King, the president and Flames CEO on THE FAN 590's Primetime Sports with Bob McCown and Damien Cox this afternoon.  Both on-air guys pressed him hard on what happened.  Among other things King said "a deal with Boston was never consumated."  That the Flames had "3 viable offers on the table but at the end of the day the player had the final option."  According to King all 3 offers were reviewed by the Flames' board of directors yesterday morning but he didn't mention which Iginla was leaning towards at that time.

Cox said that wasn't what Chiarelli was saying.  King said the trade was never signed off.  The interview got a bit testy when McCown inferered a credibility hit with the Flames.  McCown asked King to recite the timeline of the deal but was told Feaster had more knowledge on that situation.  McCown asked in any future deals of this type would King be inclined to get the player's choices as an addendum to their no-movement clause.  King said he would. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Lets move on from Iginla, and hopefully PC can get Cammalleri and Bouwmeester. Personally I'd rather the two of them over Iginla.

Just when the deal is done send the fax right away.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

So when approaching deals in the future, Chiarelli should make sure that his offers are "much better" than any other team?  If the B's deal was much better than the other offers, then that's bad negotiating by Chiarelli.  And Calgary wasn't even asking for more.  They apparently just needed a sniff of Iginla's jock on his way out the door.

If the Bruins wanted Iginla then PC's job is to get the best deal on the table and then confirm with Feaster that it will work for them.  Exactly what happened.  Except that Feaster then went back and let the player overrule him and make the final decision.  How can PC work with that scenario?  You've gotta assume the GM will take the best deal for his team...its kind of his job.  

And maybe Chiarelli would have thrown in a 2nd rounder, if Feaster doesn't tell him they have a deal.  It's not common in negotiations to keep offering more after a deal is reached.

Note that Chiarelli was also not allowed to contact Iginla directly.  What else was he supposed to do?  Trade for Crosby first? 

I agree, Fletch, to a point.  When you are in a silent/blind auction, sometimes you have to pay more than you want to or normally would to make sure that you get the thing you want.  I can't imagine that the two prospects and the single pick were the absolute best offer Chiarelli would have been comfortable forking over.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Lets move on from Iginla, and hopefully PC can get Cammalleri and Bouwmeester. Personally I'd rather the two of them over Iginla.

If Feaster calls Chiarelli, I'm going to guess that the call goes to voicemail.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I hear you, kel.  I would not doubt they would be more impactful on the Bruins.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

[QUOTE]

with PC's luck the fax machine will jam. better scan and email it!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

I hear you, kel.  I would not doubt they would be more impactful on the Bruins.

I think it would, Cammaleri is a heck of a player, would add scoring to 3rd line an PP while Bouwmeester solidifies the defense...Also ha a little offense to his game as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:

[QUOTE]

I remember hearing a story some years ago regarding a potential deal between the Bruins and Leafs swapping Kessel for Kaberle that was agreed on but there was a fax machine issue that caused the transaction to be delayed beyond the deadline causing the exchange to be nullified.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I remember hearing a story some years ago regarding a potential deal between the Bruins and Leafs swapping Kessel for Kaberle that was agreed on but there was a fax machine issue that caused the transaction to be delayed beyond the deadline causing the exchange to be nullified.

You have to go back further than that, RHO.

It was the B's sending Kyle Wanvig to the Leafs for Jonas Hoglund.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I remember that....god, I feel old now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

You have to go back further than that, RHO.

Totally forgot about that one.  Cheers, NAS.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It was on the draft floor not done on the phone. Both thought they were also getting a 1st rounder with the player, then they both repeated the transaction and laughed "Wait but you said ?". The trade was off with Burke acting miffed.

Then what does Burke do the next fall ? Hands over Seguin, Knight and Hamilton for Kessel :facepalm

"Thank you Kessel! Clap, Clap...clap,clap,clap!!!"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

It was on the draft floor not done on the phone. Both thought they were also getting a 1st rounder with the player, then they both repeated the transaction and laughed "Wait but you said ?". The trade was off with Burke acting miffed.

Then what does Burke do the next fall ? Hands over Seguin, Knight and Hamilton for Kessel :facepalm

"Thank you Kessel! Clap, Clap...clap,clap,clap!!!"

This is the more recent one I was referring to, San.  I blanked on the deal NAS mentioned but he brought me up to speed on that previoius series of events. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

fat chance that PC takes nearly 13 mil. in salary off Feaster's hands after the Iginla fiasco....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Yeah, it seems like common sense is no match for bitterness here...

[/QUOTE]

Amazing how that works, eh ?

Sections
Shortcuts