Quebec Fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Quebec Fans

See them march out at the end of the game?  So weird.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Quebec Fans

It was the only enjoyable thing about that game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Quebec Fans:
    It was the only enjoyable thing about that game.
    Posted by callodthedom19

It's really the only thing that even happened!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Quebec Fans : It's really the only thing that even happened!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Other than Rask and his kick save above his head. Which I'm certain he learned from TT.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Isles averaged 11059 per home tilt this year (68.1% capacity).

Coyotes averaged 12208 (71.3%).

The Quebec contingent looked like they might represent 10-20% of what those two teams average per home game. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

That was pretty sweet

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

It's hockey country up there, atleast it would be a franchise in a city that really cares about puck.  I'm all for those Canadian cities getting their franchises back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Were they actually Quebecois's or are they just Nordique fans living around NJ and NY ? I found it strange. If they live around NJ or NY, it kind of makes sense. But if they were actually from Le Belle Province, and made the trip don't you think they would make a bigger impact statement, let's say, the next CBC game coveraged in Montreal ? They're not even back in the league yet, and they are all ready as looney as their Habs friends.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Were they actually Quebecois's or are they just Nordique fans living around NJ and NY ? I found it strange. If they live around NJ or NY, it kind of makes sense. But if they were actually from Le Belle Province, and made the trip don't you think they would make a bigger impact statement, let's say, the next CBC game coveraged in Montreal ? They're not even back in the league yet, and they are all ready as looney as their Habs friends.
    Posted by Stuke50

I know there were 1000 from Quebec City that made it out to Long Island to see Islanders game.
    Yes they're nuts,  nuts about getting a team back.
    I'de drive 3hours to go catch a game in Quebec city.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carltetus. Show carltetus's posts

They were from Quebec City. They were more than 10 000 in Le Colisée to watch the game on big screen between the Habs and the Trashers two weeks ago.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dinami. Show dinami's posts

2,000 fans from Quebec bought the tickets back in February.  They want to show the league and the Keebler Elf how serious Quebec is to get a hockey team again.

Throughout the past few months these fans have been going around the league and voicing their support for a pro franchise to return to Labelle Province!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

I hope they get a team back...even when they were DISMAL in the early 90s they still drew fan numbers right around league average. And when they were good, as expected, they filled the Colisee.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

2,000 fans from Quebec bought the tickets back in February.  They want to show the league and the Keebler Elf how serious Quebec is to get a hockey team again. Throughout the past few months these fans have been going around the league and voicing their support for a pro franchise to return to Labelle Province!!!
    Posted by dinami

Thank you for correcting my french....Labelle !!!   I WILL remember this....I don't write that out much here in Western Canada....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Good for those fans! I would rather see a team in Quebec than Miami any day!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

They had a rally back in October where over 50,000, including former Nord stars Peter Stastny, Michel Goulet and others, displayed their support in the hope of a return by the league.  Well done.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

I live in Tampa and would support any team located below the Mason-Dixon moving north! Including Tampa.
    Doc

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

La Belle Province = "The Beautiful Province"

I would 100% support a move back to Quebec....games between the Nordiques, Habs, Bruins, Whalers, Sabres and even the Sens used to be must-watch tv.

In my little fantasy hockey world, I’d move Phoenix to Seattle, Florida to Winnipeg and Atlanta to Quebec.

Eastern Conf. – Division 1
    Boston Bruins
    Buffalo Sabres
    *Quebec Nordiques
    Montreal Canadiens
    Ottawa Senators 

Eastern Conf. – Division 2
    New Jersey Devils
    New York Islanders
    New York Rangers
    Philadelphia Flyers
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Eastern Conf. – Division 3
    Carolina Hurricanes
    Columbus Blue Jackets
    Nashville Predators
    Tampa Bay Lightning
    Washington Capitals

Western Conf – Division 1
    Chicago Blackhawks
    Detroit Red Wings
    Minnesota Wild
    St. Louis Blues
    Toronto Maple Leafs 

Western Conf – Division 2
    Calgary Flames
    Edmonton Oilers
    *Seattle Black Bears
    Vancouver Canucks
    *Winnipeg Jets 

Western Conf – Division 3
    Anaheim Ducks
    Colorado Avalanche
    Dallas Stars
    Los Angeles Kings
    San Jose Sharks

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

I would LOVE to see Quebec get their franchise back. If you think the Habs/Bruins hatred is something, then you ain't seen nothing compared to the Nords/Habs hatred. Those two teams always HATED each other and fans of one team hated the fans of the other team. Just watch the highlights of the brawl in the 80s between the two teams during the playoffs. Actually two bench clearing brawls lasting probably about 20 minutes each.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

La Belle Province = "The Beautiful Province" I would 100% support a move back to Quebec....games between the Nordiques, Habs, Bruins, Whalers, Sabres and even the Sens used to be must-watch tv. In my little fantasy hockey world, I’d move Phoenix to Seattle, Florida to Winnipeg and Atlanta to Quebec. Eastern Conf. – Division 1 Boston Bruins Buffalo Sabres *Quebec Nordiques Montreal Canadiens Ottawa Senators   Eastern Conf. – Division 2 New Jersey Devils New York Islanders New York Rangers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins   Eastern Conf. – Division 3 Carolina Hurricanes Columbus Blue Jackets Nashville Predators Tampa Bay Lightning Washington Capitals Western Conf – Division 1 Chicago Blackhawks Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Wild St. Louis Blues Toronto Maple Leafs   Western Conf – Division 2 Calgary Flames Edmonton Oilers *Seattle Black Bears Vancouver Canucks *Winnipeg Jets   Western Conf – Division 3 Anaheim Ducks Colorado Avalanche Dallas Stars Los Angeles Kings San Jose Sharks
    Posted by asmaha

=============================
      What?? No team in Hartford??? LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

As soon as Bettman finally gives up this mess with Hulsizer in the desert (seriously this weekend George Will devoted his Washington Post column to talking about how bad an idea hockey in the desert is, that's how off the rails the Coyotes thing has gotten) and sends them back to Winnipeg, then Quebec can turn their attention to Atlanta. It would be amazing if we could have the Nords and Jets back this fall. Jets will likely happen this fall, but the Nords may take an extra year or two (need to get that new rink built asap).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Live in Jersey -- Went to game yesterday -- At least 30 buses showed up packed with fans from Quebec. Visited Quebec back in 1980. Nordiques were out of town so I caught a Remparts game at the Colisée and the fans packed the place during a near blizzard. Everyone had a blast.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Naturally I'm half-serious about all the moves and they likely won't come, but it really would be nice to migrate back north. The rumblings beyond Quebec and Winnepeg that include Hamilton, Vegas and even Hartford only muck things up. Should be a no-brainer to return to Quebec. Winnepeg is more difficult, but there are several examples of teams moving back to markets that once failed and making it work the second time through.

Sure would like to see another American team in the NW, though. Seattle or Portland could make a go of it. It'll never happen, but one could wish.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

La Belle Province = "The Beautiful Province" I would 100% support a move back to Quebec....games between the Nordiques, Habs, Bruins, Whalers, Sabres and even the Sens used to be must-watch tv. In my little fantasy hockey world, I’d move Phoenix to Seattle, Florida to Winnipeg and Atlanta to Quebec. Eastern Conf. – Division 1 Boston Bruins Buffalo Sabres *Quebec Nordiques Montreal Canadiens Ottawa Senators   Eastern Conf. – Division 2 New Jersey Devils New York Islanders New York Rangers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins   Eastern Conf. – Division 3 Carolina Hurricanes Columbus Blue Jackets Nashville Predators Tampa Bay Lightning Washington Capitals Western Conf – Division 1 Chicago Blackhawks Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Wild St. Louis Blues Toronto Maple Leafs   Western Conf – Division 2 Calgary Flames Edmonton Oilers *Seattle Black Bears Vancouver Canucks *Winnipeg Jets   Western Conf – Division 3 Anaheim Ducks Colorado Avalanche Dallas Stars Los Angeles Kings San Jose Sharks
    Posted by asmaha

Not to nitpick, but no Buffalo or Toronto?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

They're there...Buffalo in the East w/ the Bruins....Toronto makes room for Quebec by moving to the West with Chicago/Detroit/Minn/St. Louis.

It's all silly anyway...just my hope that Florida, Phoenix and Atlanta all move North somehow.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think Seatle could really use a team.  My brother works for Microsoft and there is a lot of youth hockey there (his kid loves the Bruins).  It's a big money market too.  There and the Canadian cities would be good markets for hockey.

Sections
Shortcuts