Quebec Fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Re: Quebec Fans

The new league moves:

NE:
    Bos Mtl Buf TO Ott

ATL:
    Phl Pits NYR NJD NYI

SE:

Wsh TB Car (Atl to Hartford) (Fld. to Quebec)

Central:

Det Nsh Chic Stl Colu.

Pacific:

SJ Ana (Dal to Seattle) LA Van

NW:

Cal (Phx.to Winni) Edm Colo Min

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: Quebec Fans:
    [QUOTE]I think Seatle could really use a team.  My brother works for Microsoft and there is a lot of youth hockey there (his kid loves the Bruins).  It's a big money market too.  There and the Canadian cities would be good markets for hockey.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

I don't know how Vancouver would feel about this....I wonder if that area is big enough hockey-wise for 2 hockey within 2-2.5 hours of each other.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quebec Fans : I don't know how Vancouver would feel about this....I wonder if that area is big enough hockey-wise for 2 hockey within 2-2.5 hours of each other.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

Correct.  Not going to happen

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I don't see Seattle getting a team anytime soon. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Don't see it happening, but would love to set up a VAN-SEA rivalry along the lines of EDM-CGY, NYR-NYI, or the old MTL-QUE. Plus, a national border does wonders despite cities being only a few hours apart.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]The new league moves: NE: Bos Mtl Buf TO Ott ATL: Phl Pits NYR NJD NYI SE: Wsh TB Car (Atl to Hartford) (Fld. to Quebec) Central: Det Nsh Chic Stl Colu. Pacific: SJ Ana (Dal to Seattle) LA Van NW: Cal (Phx.to Winni) Edm Colo Min
    Posted by boborielly224[/QUOTE]

Geography is all out of whack. You didn't like my fantasy game realignment?

Dallas isn't that bad a market...it's just that fans stop going when the team tanks. Could be said about a number of places. Ahem, looking at you, New Jersey.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Quebec Fans:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quebec Fans : Geography is all out of whack. You didn't like my fantasy game realignment? Dallas isn't that bad a market...it's just that fans stop going when the team tanks. Could be said about a number of places. Ahem, looking at you, New Jersey.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see a team back in Hartford, as well as another in the NW and one in Hamilton. But if any of those three happen I don't think it will be for yeats. In the foreseeable future I think only two teams will move - Atlanta and Phoenix. One of those will move by the start of next season (likely Phoenix) with another to follow maybe the year after. The Peg, due to their rink and owership group, is the only one ready for a puck drop in October. Quebec may be a better location (marginally) but they're not ready yet. Give them one more year to at least break ground on the new rink, then they can play in the Collisee until the new building is ready.
    That said, with two teams moved by 2012, I think the divisions could be

Eastern Conf. – Division 1
    Boston Bruins
    Buffalo Sabres
    *Quebec Nordiques
    Montreal Canadiens
    Ottawa Senators

Eastern Conf. – Division 2
    New Jersey Devils
    New York Islanders
    New York Rangers
    Philadelphia Flyers
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Eastern Conf. – Division 3
    Carolina Hurricanes
    Florida Panthers
    *Nashville Predators
    Tampa Bay Lightning
    Washington Capitals

Western Conf – Division 1
    Chicago Blackhawks
    Detroit Red Wings

Columbus Blue Jackets
    St. Louis Blues
    *Toronto Maple Leafs

Western Conf – Division 2
    Calgary Flames
    Edmonton Oilers
    Minnesota Wild
    Vancouver Canucks
    *Winnipeg Jets

Western Conf – Division 3
    Anaheim Ducks
    *Colorado Avalanche
    Dallas Stars
    Los Angeles Kings
    San Jose Sharks

Another option would be to leave Colorado in the NW div. and move Vancouver to the Pacific.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tbops. Show Tbops's posts

Honestly what i want is for Quebec to have their Nordiques back, Hartford to have Whalers back, Winnipeg to have the Jets back.

Will it happend. I have doubt but would love it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]Honestly what i want is for Quebec to have their Nordiques back, Hartford to have Whalers back, Winnipeg to have the Jets back. Will it happend. I have doubt but would love it.
    Posted by Tbops[/QUOTE]

I think you'll get 2 out of 3 eventually. I can't see Hartford ever getting an NHL team back unless they have a new arena, and I don't think that'll be in the cards.

Sections
Shortcuts