Question: Does the league review diving? If not, they should.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Question: Does the league review diving? If not, they should.

It's not that easy to tell why someone is faking or diving during the game, but afterwards it's pretty easy to see.

The league should review this stuff.

It's a form of cheating.

And I can't imagine the fans of a team who's been victimized by a diver being anything except really ticked off.

And wouldn't everybody rather see a good clean hard nosed game rather than a circus show?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

Re: Question: Does the league review diving? If not, they should.

Im with you dude.  If the Bruins dove/embellished anything like the Candiens did, I would give up my season tickets and find another team to cheer for.  It's a disgrace.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The thought of having fines levied on the team for a player's melodramatic behavior is also appropriate. No announcement of the player's name, the media blows it out of proportion.  Saw a diving call last night in the Tampa/Pittsburgh game.  The stats on diving as called now compared to several year's ago are startling.  Essentially the rule is de facto defunct.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

In the off-season, i think the league should encourage the refs to call this more often.  I also think it should be a minor penalty plus a 10 minute misconduct.  Make the team be short a guy for a bigger part of the game.

One nice thing about this upcoming series is that each team play a similar hard-nosed style of hockey.  Parts of the B's-MTL series was boring hockey because the Habs don't hit and i think plenty of B's refrained from hitting so the crybabies wouldn't fake injuries for calls. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

I really like the idea of fining the team, and giving a misconduct penalty. It would be very easy to penalize a dive that was in fact a genuine fall, so don't punish the team, punish the player

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

I'm sure it's really hard as a ref to make a quick decision on whether a player is hurt or diving.  Since it's much easier and clearer in video review, I agree with the OP that the league should hand out fines/suspensions for diving or acting hurt, starting next year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StJohnsbruinsfan. Show StJohnsbruinsfan's posts

It was great watching the Bruins go on to the next round. But extra special because i won't have to watch those Habs flopping all over the ice. It's pathetic...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I think that there should be off ice officials. They don't hold up the game to review it themselves. Let me use the Bergeron call on JW last night as what I mean.
    They call Bergy for the highstick. Play goes on, but upstairs there's an official that looks at the call. If he see's that JW embelished; he calls down & the Habs get a penalty. IF a goal was scored on the PP like last night? Then the team that got away with the "fake" call gets another 2 minutes added on!
    That would deter these DIVERS from making a mockery of the refs!! The team themselves would defineately tell these little pansies to stop!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

To the Bruins' credit they seem to do everything they can to stay on their skates and not nosedive at the slightest touch.  Man, did you see Hamerlik do a one and a half gainer when he was bumped by Kelly last night?  If the league is trying to sell the game to the masses, diving is not a good look for them.

I wouldn't mind it being up to the ref's discretion to make the call.  I like the idea mentioned earlier of assessing an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Hopefully they will be listening, I think practically every paying customer there is wants to see this nonsense cut out of the game.

The problem is that it's just not going to get caught during the game, they maybe should review games and fine players.