QUESTION TO THE OLDER BRUINS FANS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

QUESTION TO THE OLDER BRUINS FANS

Does thomas remind you at all of Cheevers? I never saw cheevers play but heard he might let in bad goals or not be as sharp with a big lead but he was money when it got within one goal to hold on for wins.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: QUESTION TO THE OLDER BRUINS FANS

I remember him from the end of his career but no... different styles. Timmy is closest to Hasek.

also Cheevers, if he had a lead, would actually walk out of the net and give up a goal rather than risk getting hurt. He did this a few times. He didn't give a crap about his save % as long as the Bruins won. TT fights on every shot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

6-5 win reminds me of grant fuhr and the oilers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

cheevers from my memory(I am 39) was more of a standup style goalie.  TT is everywhere.  someone else care to give the expert opinion

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Cheesy used to stickhandle to the blue line, so no, they are somewhat different!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

didnt mean there styles. I ment just the fact they might not always look great getting the win but put the clamps down when the game was on the line.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Hasek is a better comparison but I caution that Hasek's style, unlike TT, was intentional and structured even though it looked random. He was one of the best all time without a doubt...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

With TT in the net the BRUINS would have won 2 more Stanley Cups in the 70's .....TT Way better than Cheevers

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Thanks for your input guys very quick responses new I could count on some of the older Bs fans here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Yes .  When he gets his stitches from the puck he got off his face for Tampa's 5th goal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Thomas reminds me of wicked with a hockey mask on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Watching the B's for almost 50 years. Cheesy was stand up and nowhere near as acrobatic. What they had in common was -- wild over the top saves to keep them in the game followed by a softie -- leaving you shaking your head. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Re: QUESTION TO THE OLDER BRUINS FANS:
    [QUOTE]Watching the B's for almost 50 years. Cheesy was stand up and nowhere near as acrobatic. What they had in common was -- wild over the top saves to keep them in the game followed by a softie -- leaving you shaking your head. 
    Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]

That last sentence is what I was wondering not there technical style

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]6-5 win reminds me of grant fuhr and the oilers.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]
    Exactly who I was thinking about during the game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Cheevers had the best player ever in front of him and most of the time rushing up ice and dominating the game offensively, defensively and physically--- something that #99 could only do 1 out of those 3. 

The fact that the #99 is retired for all teams, and #4 is not--- ridiculous!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Watching the B's for almost 50 years. Cheesy was stand up and nowhere near as acrobatic. What they had in common was -- wild over the top saves to keep them in the game followed by a softie -- leaving you shaking your head. 
    Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]
    I was more a fan of Gilles Gilbert when I was a kid.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

When I was younger I used to hear Cheevers referred to as a money goaltender; that is, he saved his best games for when the stakes were highest.  I recall his style being closer to the positional, square to the puck, angle-playing of Parent than Thomas' guessing, as Don Cherry described him some weeks ago. 

In fact, Thomas reminds me more of former Leaf goalies Mike Palmateer and Doug Favell.  Both were all arms, legs and any other body part getting in the way of the puck's flight path.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

The only thing they have in common is being aggressive! I saw Cheesy come out to the face of dot to challenge a shooter. Other than that; their styles are no where near each other's. If I was to pick a goalie one that maybe you cab relate to closer to your age. Billy Ranford comes to mind. He was a standup; but he could frail around. Nobody could come over from one side to the other & stack the pads quicker than Billy. He also could allow some stinkers too. Bill Lindsey in 96' anyone?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]Hasek is a better comparison but I caution that Hasek's style, unlike TT, was intentional and structured even though it looked random. He was one of the best all time without a doubt...
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    Hasek was the best goalie I have ever seen but TT is the best Bruins goalie in the last 40 years.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

The big difference is that everyone loved Cheevers while with Thomas there's still people who dump on him despite his many achievements. Total BS.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]cheevers from my memory(I am 39) was more of a standup style goalie.  TT is everywhere.  someone else care to give the expert opinion
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Their style is totally different , but their propensity to let in soft goals one minute and make a game winning save the next are identical.

Cheevers had Orr, Esposito etc in front of him. Thomas has Chara and
    Bergy in front of him !   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Thomas reminds me of Billy Smith of the Islander dynasty. Smith was unorthodox and dived all over the place and from time to time let in a softie but when it came down to crunch time he was money in the bank - an absolute brick wall. Ryder even said they let up again in the third but TT saved their bacon.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]I remember him from the end of his career but no... different styles. Timmy is closest to Hasek. also Cheevers, if he had a lead, would actually walk out of the net and give up a goal rather than risk getting hurt. He did this a few times. He didn't give a crap about his save % as long as the Bruins won. TT fights on every shot.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]I watched cheevers for many years and what you are saying has nothing to do with the goalie he was.
    Pure money goalie, when the chips where down cheesy would show up.
    By the way he never backed away from anything....that was his trade mark.
    I appreciate the knowledge of your posts but you are way off on this one. I know because I lived it.
    Scared of getting hurt??? He was a goalie that would skate out to the blue line to pick a fight.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: QUESTION TO THE OLDER BRUINS FANS : I was more a fan of Gilles Gilbert when I was a kid.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Same here..Grew up watching GG, lemilin, Moog, Vachon, Craig, Ranford, Peeters, Dafoe..to name a few...TT has a style all his own IMO...