Question : When is the last time Bruins have hurt an opponent????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDecision. Show TheDecision's posts

Re: Question : When is the last time Bruins have hurt an opponent????

You forgot the Boychuk slash...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Like I said Decison....I could go on and on ...but really I dont remeber when we did something similar to an opponent ....this is really weird ..I dont mean to start trying to hurt other players but what is wrong is it cause the other teams keep hitting us or is it cause we dont hit enough  ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

looch dislocated komisarek's shoulder in a fight a couple years back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinBuff. Show BruinBuff's posts

I'd Say the Mcsorley incident evens us up forever. or the Mclaren hit in the playoffs against the Habs in 02. But it's been awhile

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

In Response to Re: Question : When is the last time Bruins have hurt an opponent????:
    [QUOTE]I'd Say the Mcsorley incident evens us up forever. or the Mclaren hit in the playoffs against the Habs in 02. But it's been awhile
    Posted by BruinBuff[/QUOTE]

2 of my all time faves.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

MY all time fav. is Stan Johnattan knocking out Pierre Bouchard and ended his carreer....just like Looch did to Komisarek (the guy has never recovered)

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

You want dirty?  How about McLearen on Zednik on 02?  That was bad.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Question : When is the last time Bruins have hurt an opponent????:
    [QUOTE]You want dirty?  How about McLearen on Zednik on 02?  That was bad.   
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]
    That wasn't that bad.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

There is a good point here. I usually ignore Stanley, but he has a good point. They don't stand up for themselves, and teams will run all over them. And for what, a 2 minute penalty in most cases. That doesn't scare a team. Look at what Cooke got. If I was the coach, I'd do the same thing. 
    So, I suggest that they run a few of their guys, and make it clear that we will defend our players. This is what Lucic should be doing. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't think the McLaren hit was dirty either.  I agree with the suspension because you are responsible for what you do, but if you watch that play in real-time there is no way it is anything but a reaction.  It looked ugly, it was ugly, but it wasn't dirty or premeditated.  Zednik was too fast with too much skill for McLaren who was desperately trying to get a piece of him.

I don't want to see the Bruins go out injuring people, but to Stanley's point, it is kind of shocking how the Bruins always seem to be on the receiving end of the dirty hits.  I would like someone in the lineup who plays mean, nasty, edgy hockey on every shift. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Really?  You guys don't think McLearen's hit was off side?  He brought his elbow way up and went after his head.  When I saw it live I jumped out of my chair and was pumped.  After a couple of replay's I was thinking that's not how to play the game.  Watch it again see if you agree.  Would he be suspended today?  I think so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoIlaK5j238   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]Really?  You guys don't think McLearen's hit was off side?  He brought his elbow way up and went after his head.  When I saw it live I jumped out of my chair and was pumped.  After a couple of replay's I was thinking that's not how to play the game.  Watch it again see if you agree.  Would he be suspended today?  I think so. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoIlaK5j238    

Since Colin Campbell suspended him in 2002, I am guessing that unless he has changed his mind...

Good hit in 2002 terms, illegal/suspension hit in 2011.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think the McLaren hit was dirty either.  I agree with the suspension because you are responsible for what you do, but if you watch that play in real-time there is no way it is anything but a reaction.  It looked ugly, it was ugly, but it wasn't dirty or premeditated.  Zednik was too fast with too much skill for McLaren who was desperately trying to get a piece of him. I don't want to see the Bruins go out injuring people, but to Stanley's point, it is kind of shocking how the Bruins always seem to be on the receiving end of the dirty hits.  I would like someone in the lineup who plays mean, nasty, edgy hockey on every shift. 
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Zednik was killing us in that game.  McLaren tried to take him out.  No different than Cooke's hit on Savard. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Question : When is the last time Bruins have hurt an opponent???? : Since Colin Campbell suspended him in 2002, I am guessing that unless he has changed his mind... Good hit in 2002 terms, illegal/suspension hit in 2011.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

So suspension doesn't nessecarily mean dirty?  I beg to differ.  That's the difference between Penalty (broke the rule) and Suspension (dirty- no place in the game).  I think the fact he was suspended (which I forgot) says it was dirty.  
    Now, what I like to see is a hit like Looch's when he put Van Ryn through the glass.  That's hockey.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Question : When is the last time Bruins have hurt an opponent???? : Zednik was killing us in that game.  McLaren tried to take him out.  No different than Cooke's hit on Savard. 

Several things wrong with your comparison:
    - Cooke's hit was back-side, McLaren's hit is head on (Zednik puts his head down)
    - Cooke has a history of dirty hits/play (3 suspensions), McLaren had never been suspended before that hit, or after that hit (only career suspension)
    - Zednik did score 2 goals (9 shots), but the Bruins won the game 5-2

This game was very chippy, 84 PIMs in total, including a Stock/Odjick about 30 seconds before.  Earlier in the period, Markov roughed up Samsonov and Souray roughed up Thornton.  To say that McLaren, a pretty honest player was "trying to take out" Zednik misses the point of an emotional playoff game.  I would suggest that McLaren was looking to land a big hit in an emotional game, but to take him out? 

What was so emotional about the B's/Pens regular season game that lead to the Cooke hit?  Only 14 PIMs in that game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Question : When is the last time Bruins have hurt an opponent???? : Several things wrong with your comparison: - Cooke's hit was back-side, McLaren's hit is head on (Zednik puts his head down) - Cooke has a history of dirty hits/play (3 suspensions), McLaren had never been suspended before that hit, or after that hit (only career suspension) - Zednik did score 2 goals (9 shots), but the Bruins won the game 5-2 This game was very chippy, 84 PIMs in total, including a Stock/Odjick about 30 seconds before.  Earlier in the period, Markov roughed up Samsonov and Souray roughed up Thornton.  To say that McLaren, a pretty honest player was "trying to take out" Zednik misses the point of an emotional playoff game.  I would suggest that McLaren was looking to land a big hit in an emotional game, but to take him out?  What was so emotional about the B's/Pens regular season game that lead to the Cooke hit?  Only 14 PIMs in that game.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Circumstances do not justify the act.  The comparison was that they were both deliberate hits to the head that had no other goal than to hurt the player.  That's the way I saw it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Question : When is the last time Bruins have hurt an opponent???? : Circumstances do not justify the act.  The comparison was that they were both deliberate hits to the head that had no other goal than to hurt the player.  That's the way I saw it. 
    Cooke lined up a blindside hit whereas McLaren was overzealous in playing a 1on1.Totally different plays by totally different types of players.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

scooter, apples and oranges. mclaren was playing a 1 on 1, zednik cut inside and he reacted. you said you jumped out of your seat when it happened and thought it was a good hit before you saw the replay. the play happened in real time, not slo-mo.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Chico Maki and B's Ted Green once got into the ugliest stick fight in NHL history, literally McCracken like....Maki broke Green's skull with his stick on a tomahawk chop, Green had three surgeries and a steele plate in his head...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah scooter, there's no comparison there at all.  One was a reaction hit while trying to stop a 1 on 1 rush.  The other was a targeted shot at the head that had nothing to do with the play.

Zednik's speed, lowered head, and cut to the inside impacted that hit tremendously.  McLaren was getting beat and desperately threw out his arm to stop a breakaway.  No way his intent was to hurt Zednik there, although he is certainly still responsible for what happened.

I agree McLaren should have been suspended (and was) but you've lost it with the comparison to the Matt Cooke hit.  Not similar at all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]Really?  You guys don't think McLearen's hit was off side?  He brought his elbow way up and went after his head.  When I saw it live I jumped out of my chair and was pumped.  After a couple of replay's I was thinking that's not how to play the game.  Watch it again see if you agree.  Would he be suspended today?  I think so. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoIlaK5j238    

Off-side?

He preceded the puck into the zone?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]Chico Maki and B's Ted Green once got into the ugliest stick fight in NHL history, literally McCracken like....Maki broke Green's skull with his stick on a tomahawk chop, Green had three surgeries and a steele plate in his head...
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Close, but those of us who watched it remember it was Wayne Maki of St Louis.

Chico played for Chicago.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

the b's hurt price's ego when they scored 5 goals in game 5 of the '08 playoffs. does that count? he's never been the same since.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Question : When is the last time Bruins have hurt an opponent???? : Off-side? He preceded the puck into the zone?
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

"Off side", as in "not called for" as in Mike Myers Fat (they won't let me type the B word) character.  We use "off side"  that way around here.

Sections
Shortcuts