QuestionS about Visa issues

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

QuestionS about Visa issues

Can someone please tell me how C. Kelly is having Visa Issues?? The reason I ask is. Doenst he come over to the USA multiple times to play other American teams?? Dont they have this issue checked at the begining of the season?? I just figured that as a professional athlete in any sport. You would have this Visa stuff taking care of?? Someone please?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: QuestionS about Visa issues

forget "multiple times"... 3/4 of the nhl frachises are in the US- he has spent as much time in the US as canada??????? maybe ottawa got cold feet and pressured customs to close its borders?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I think this is related to who is paying him.  He has always played for Ottowa, so while he's played in the US, his salary is still being payed by a Canadian company.  To work in the US for a US company, he needs a work Visa.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In general, NHL players, like doctors and other "skilled professionals" who cross the border frequently, have a special VISA which allows for easier border crossing. This applies to Canadians going to the US (Kelly) and Americans going to Canada (Mark Stuart, for example)

The issue that arises in this particular case is that Kelly is (a) Canadian, (b) living in Canada, (c) previously employed by a Canadian employer, and (d) moving to the United States on a permament basis (for legal purposes, considered permanent as this is where he will be earning his living for the foreseeable future).

It's mere paperwork, but Mr. Kelly is becoming an immigrant to the United States, which does cause some legal issues. Not a big deal and will be resolved soon, but that's the reason.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: QuestionS about Visa issues:
    [QUOTE]In general, NHL players, like doctors and other "skilled professionals" who cross the border frequently, have a special VISA which allows for easier border crossing. This applies to Canadians going to the US (Kelly) and Americans going to Canada (Mark Stuart, for example) The issue that arises in this particular case is that Kelly is (a) Canadian, (b) living in Canada, (c) previously employed by a Canadian employer, and (d) moving to the United States on a permament basis (for legal purposes, considered permanent as this is where he will be earning his living for the foreseeable future). It's mere paperwork, but Mr. Kelly is becoming an immigrant to the United States, which does cause some legal issues. Not a big deal and will be resolved soon, but that's the reason.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

I knew someone from DC can cut all the red tape for us .

Does anyone know if he'll play tonight ?  Maybe he'll play for free ?