Quick cheap fixes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Quick cheap fixes

I get that the B's are trending away from fisticuffs. Without Thornton, who should be let go, The Bruins still have enough toughness with Z, Milan, McQuiad, Miller and Boychuk. I like the idea of trying Bart at 4th line wing, he'll do less damage there and add speed over Thorton's past contributions. Other than that, I'd let Iggi walk, and use the cap space on Versteeg and Kobasew, two faster players though Kobasew is more a 4th line type now. Then, Paille moves up to third line to make room for Kobasew and Kelly on 4th, Versteeg to first or second line, and you now have 4 lines with some speed. Granted, not the most offensive group but given that Loui owes us about 30 goals after the season he gave us last year, tghey should score enough to be a 3rd seed. The B's should focus on being a better playoff team versus a regular season juggernaut. Just one guy's idea to throw into the mix!

I thought I was wrong once, but I realized I was mistaken.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: Quick cheap fixes

Id rather re-sign Iginla, have Matt Fraser take ST's role, and sign Devon Setoguchi for another right handed shot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Two points of order:

1. Kobasew is finished as a legit nhler. This is not 2008.

2. Paille simply cannot be anything other than a 4rth liner. God knows CJ has tried shoehorning him everywhere and with everyone, without success. He is what he is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

With a pretty good stable of forward prospects in Providence, I can't imagine why the Bruins would force a d-man to play right wing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'd be quite surprised not to see at least 2 prospects coming up that will be suitable for the NHL, I'm thinking Spooner and Fraser right now, but there might be more.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Versteeg wasn't a first line player on Florida.  He and his 10 goals can stay away.

Bartkowski is a defenseman.  That's it.

Kobasew?  Why not Satan?

Paille is a fourth line player.

To sum it up, your idea of having a kicked around 10 goal scorer on a top line, a fourth liner on the third line and a defenseman on the fourth line with an over the hill former below average player thrown in there as well doesn't really seem to make the team better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With a pretty good stable of forward prospects in Providence, I can't imagine why the Bruins would force a d-man to play right wing.

[/QUOTE]

Especially one that did not score a single goal in the regular season. You have to try pretty hard for that "accomplishment"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Especially one that did not score a single goal in the regular season. You have to try pretty hard for that "accomplishment"

[/QUOTE]

Gotta love No Goals.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gotta love No Goals.

[/QUOTE]

Enough to make him a forward I guess :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

let me get this straight, to save some bucks the B'S should replace their best goal scorer with a couple of guys who skate fast?....

i think PC has everything under control....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd be quite surprised not to see at least 2 prospects coming up that will be suitable for the NHL, I'm thinking Spooner and Fraser right now, but there might be more.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you have the right two but............... I like your thinking.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What two were you thinking of?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What two were you thinking of?

[/QUOTE]

I said I didn't know.

If I had seen more then a few games of Providence online I'd have an answer . I didn't.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

I said I didn't know.

If I had seen more then a few games of Providence online I'd have an answer . I didn't.

[/QUOTE]

Ok...just curious.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yes go cheap, it worked in 2014, 2013, 2010 and 2009!

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes go cheap, it worked in 2014, 2013, 2010 and 2009!

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

[/QUOTE]

Aw, c'mon SanDog, don't get grumpy.  Since when do you love spending big on vets?  Where's the "prospects have earned a shot!" guy?  Playing the rich man's game worked so well when they dealt Murray and Smolinski for a coke habit, spent big on Lapointe, dealt Carter and prospects for Guerin, and all of the other transactions they've made in the last couple of decades to get more expensive, older guys.  Listing all the years of not making it out of the first round with those high priced guys might set a post length record even for me.  Some of the best moves have been the "on the cheap" moves they've made that worked out to be gold.  Carter's a great example.  Seidenberg's another.  It ain't the cheap, it's the fit.

[object HTMLDivElement]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

I said I didn't know.

[/QUOTE]

Loads of interesting prospects in Providence.  Koko's career looked dead to me in December, then he became a new man in the new year.  

If Morrow learns how to play d, he's another that could be on the team this fall - his offense is up to par, but playing defense, not so much.

Other than the older career AHL guys and Tommy Cross, virtually everyone else makes you think they might evolve into something.  Including both goalies, yes, they have had their down times, but both have played well enough at time to make me think that they could compete for an NHL job.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:[QUOTE]Yes go cheap, it worked in 2014, 2013, 2010 and 2009![/QUOTE]

Aw, c'mon SanDog, don't get grumpy.  Since when do you love spending big on vets?  Where's the "prospects have earned a shot!" guy?  Playing the rich man's game worked so well when they dealt Murray and Smolinski for a coke habit, spent big on Lapointe, dealt Carter and prospects for Guerin, and all of the other transactions they've made in the last couple of decades to get more expensive, older guys.  Listing all the years of not making it out of the first round with those high priced guys might set a post length record even for me.  Some of the best moves have been the "on the cheap" moves they've made that worked out to be gold.  Carter's a great example.  Seidenberg's another.  It ain't the cheap, it's the fit. [/QUOTE]

Bringing up 1990's trades is so pre-2011 on BDC but you get a break. Oh and someone has to fill in while Chowds tuna n Tabasco deliveries are working out and keeping him happy :)

Look at the deals that PC made in 2011 compared to the years I mentioned.

There isn't a direct correlation ?

I wanted someone to replace Seidenberg's "big minutes" and a vet 3rd line winger just in case of injuries or a prospect ran out of gas in the playoffs.

OTTAWA SENATORS get F Ales Hemsky
    EDMONTON OILERS get 2014 5th round pick, 2015 3rd round pick (pending UFA)

MINNESOTA WILD get F Matt Moulson, F Cody McCormick
    BUFFALO SABRES get F Torrey Mitchell, two 2nd round picks

LOS ANGELES KINGS get F Marian Gaborik
    COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS get F Matt Frattin, 2nd round pick, conditional 3rd rounder

MONTREAL CANADIENS get D Mike Weaver (Pending RFA Bartkowski better ?)
    FLORIDA PANTHERS get 2015 5th round pick

And Tallinder sits..

I don't see a ton of restructuring of the Bruins immediate future in any of those trades at all. PCs trades have been better gambles than hanging onto some of his draft picks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

, virtually everyone else makes you think they might evolve into something.  Including both goalies, yes, they have had their down times, but both have played well enough at time to make me think that they could compete for an NHL job.

[/QUOTE]

Is Svedberg ready to be Rask's backup next season?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I agree with your retort to a point . My case is related to the Seidenberg acquisition. I believe Horton was in the deal as well that March. It did not work out. That summer PC did make it work. My guess is PC was close to making a deal this year. He deserves criticism, yet did he lay a foundation of trades this summer. He said so in March. I hope so for a defenseman in the next few weeks. 

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bookboy007's comment:[QUOTE]Yes go cheap, it worked in 2014, 2013, 2010 and 2009![/QUOTE]

Aw, c'mon SanDog, don't get grumpy.  Since when do you love spending big on vets?  Where's the "prospects have earned a shot!" guy?  Playing the rich man's game worked so well when they dealt Murray and Smolinski for a coke habit, spent big on Lapointe, dealt Carter and prospects for Guerin, and all of the other transactions they've made in the last couple of decades to get more expensive, older guys.  Listing all the years of not making it out of the first round with those high priced guys might set a post length record even for me.  Some of the best moves have been the "on the cheap" moves they've made that worked out to be gold.  Carter's a great example.  Seidenberg's another.  It ain't the cheap, it's the fit. [/QUOTE]

Bringing up 1990's trades is so pre-2011 on BDC but you get a break. Oh and someone has to fill in while Chowds tuna n Tabasco deliveries are working out and keeping him happy :)

Look at the deals that PC made in 2011 compared to the years I mentioned.

There isn't a direct correlation ?

I wanted someone to replace Seidenberg's "big minutes" and a vet 3rd line winger just in case of injuries or a prospect ran out of gas in the playoffs.

OTTAWA SENATORS get F Ales Hemsky
    EDMONTON OILERS get 2014 5th round pick, 2015 3rd round pick (pending UFA)

MINNESOTA WILD get F Matt Moulson, F Cody McCormick
    BUFFALO SABRES get F Torrey Mitchell, two 2nd round picks

LOS ANGELES KINGS get F Marian Gaborik
    COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS get F Matt Frattin, 2nd round pick, conditional 3rd rounder

MONTREAL CANADIENS get D Mike Weaver (Pending RFA Bartkowski better ?)
    FLORIDA PANTHERS get 2015 5th round pick

And Tallinder sits..

I don't see a ton of restructuring of the Bruins immediate future in any of those trades at all. PCs trades have been better gambles than hanging onto some of his draft picks.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Eventual 20+ goal scorers who couldn't find the back of the net early in their careers:

Hartnell, Kesler, Pacioretty, Nyqvist, Hornqvust, Jokkinnen, Fleischmann, Nielsen, Bonino, Ribeiro, Ryan Smith, Patrick Sharp…and Marchand (20 games 0 goals).

So, let's not be too presumptuous about Spooner just yet

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree with your retort to a point . My case is related to the Seidenberg acquisition. I believe Horton was in the deal as well that March. It did not work out. That summer PC did make it work. My guess is PC was close to making a deal this year. He deserves criticism, yet did he lay a foundation of trades this summer. He said so in March. I hope so for a defenseman in the next few weeks. 

[/QUOTE]

Nope, different deal Seidenberg and Bartkowski came here for Byron Bitz and Craig Weller, Horton and Campbell came here for Dennis Wideman and a draft pick i think.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Nevermind Isla, i think i misunderstood what you were saying.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

Is Svedberg ready to be Rask's backup next season?

[/QUOTE]

Last we saw of him (and Malcom), no.

That said, they both showed outstanding form in some games where they impressed the socks off of you.

I wouldn't be shocked if one of them got it together and became a backup next season.  

To put this in perspective, I would be shocked if Chad Johnson became a bona fide #1 ("successful") goalie for someone next season, IMO he simply hasn't got the goods to pull that off.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:[QUOTE] So, let's not be too presumptuous about Spooner just yet [/QUOTE]

Spooner has to do something in his next 20 NHL games or the Bruins and any other GM are going to start to think he is just an AHLr. That goes for Fraser as well.