Quick Recap

Lucic runs Miller.

Sabres do nothing.

Sabres mocked by the world.

Sabres vow payback.

Gaustad engages Lucic and gets beat up.

Payback delivered.

All back to normal.

That's it.  Nothing more.  No one came near Lucic for the rest of the night.  So, so, so weak.  If you want revenge for something, you don't "get it out of the way early".  You get it, and then you get it again and again.  Reghyr seems like a pretty tough dude.  Couldn't he also have taken on Lucic later in the game?  Nope.  One fight, bad outcome, fued over, BFFs again.

So, so weak.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Re: Quick Recap

In Response to Quick Recap:
    [QUOTE]Lucic runs Miller. Sabres do nothing. Sabres mocked by the world. Sabres vow payback. Gaustad engages Lucic and gets beat up. Payback delivered. All back to normal. That's it.  Nothing more.  No one came near Lucic for the rest of the night.  So, so, so weak.  If you want revenge for something, you don't "get it out of the way early".  You get it, and then you get it again and again.  Reghyr seems like a pretty tough dude.  Couldn't he also have taken on Lucic later in the game?  Nope.  One fight, bad outcome, fued over, BFFs again. So, so weak.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

i kinda had a feeling that what happened last night with gaustad was going to happen. buffalo just isnt built like that. its a good reason why in the preseason people doubted how far buffalo and its new acquisitions(leino,reghr,ehroff,etc) would be able go come playoff time. they have the skill and goaltending but theres more then that come april and june.

were was wrong was i thought after ruffs comments after the game a week ago when lucic ran miller about how with just a 2 minute penalty given to lucic then it would be open season on goalies. so i thought buffalo would enact some revenge on thomas but buffalo wimped out there too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Gerbe was their most physical player last night.  Hysterical.

But in their defense, once they went up 2-0, I can understand them not wanting to risk taking stupid penalties.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

The story of the night was the Bruins coming back from two two goals deficits to tie and then win the game.

Everything else was theatre.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Quick Recap:
    [QUOTE]Gerbe was their most physical player last night.  Hysterical. But in their defense, once they went up 2-0, I can understand them not wanting to risk taking stupid penalties.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Over the course of an 82 game season, it's only to risk a lead once or twice for the good of the rest of the season.  If this was a playoff game, I'd absolutely agree.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]The story of the night was the Bruins coming back from two two goals deficits to tie and then win the game. Everything else was theatre.
    Posted by SomethingBrewin[/QUOTE]

What does this have to do with the topic?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quick Recap : Over the course of an 82 game season, it's only to risk a lead once or twice for the good of the rest of the season.  If this was a playoff game, I'd absolutely agree.

Agreed...goes to show the delicate mind frame that the Sabres have right now.  When Gerbe is the guy throwing his "weight" around, they are in trouble.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Quick Recap:
    [QUOTE]Lucic runs Miller. Sabres do nothing. Sabres mocked by the world. Sabres vow payback. Gaustad engages Lucic and gets beat up. Payback delivered. All back to normal. That's it.  Nothing more.  No one came near Lucic for the rest of the night.  So, so, so weak.  If you want revenge for something, you don't "get it out of the way early".  You get it, and then you get it again and again.  Reghyr seems like a pretty tough dude.  Couldn't he also have taken on Lucic later in the game?  Nope.  One fight, bad outcome, fued over, BFFs again. So, so weak.
    There's a spoked-B on each foot too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quick Recap : What does this have to do with the topic?

Decided to focus on what was important rather than something which was describes as  "so, so weak"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Dez just wants to be like his weazel friend LoL!

Hey if it keeps you warm, it keeps you warm no matter how you look...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez just wants to be like his weazel friend LoL! Hey if it keeps you warm, it keeps you warm no matter how you look...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    San, even I couldn't make that outfit work.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quick Recap : Decided to focus on what was important rather than something which was describes as  "so, so weak"
    Posted by SomethingBrewin[/QUOTE]

Start your own thread, then.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Quick Recap:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quick Recap : San, even I couldn't make that outfit work. Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Yah too much hemming and during the holidays ? Yah forget it...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quick Recap : Yah too much hemming and during the holidays ? Yah forget it...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Just too much green for me.......I'd wear it in black and gold.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quick Recap : Start your own thread, then.

Oh yes, certainly mother.

Lay off the estrogen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

The sabres did the bare minimum of what they had to nothing less nothing more. If I was a sabres fan I would have liked to see more of a response. Maybe some more fights started or intesity. Most of all  I guess if I was a sabres fan I would be mad they didn't win the game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Two words came to mind as I watched that unfold...skating clown.  I was wondering where to place that on the continuum.  Completely outside the current game, designed simply to convey a message, and totally staged. 
    I agree that revenge would have been much better served with several hard borderline dirty hits to which, as everyone knows, Lucic would have gladly responded.  There's your real fight. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Two words came to mind as I watched that unfold...skating clown.  I was wondering where to place that on the continuum.  Completely outside the current game, designed simply to convey a message, and totally staged.  I agree that revenge would have been much better served with several hard borderline dirty hits to which, as everyone knows, Lucic would have gladly responded.  There's your real fight. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]
    Scooter, I was thinking that Lucic should've made the Sabres work for it too. He should've played stupid when Gaustad challenged him like he did to Laraque a couple years ago. Let the Sabres skate around acting stupid for awhile before responding.......oh well, it's hard to argue with last night's results.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

If I'm a sabre I would feel like it was my job to make he B's feel like they were paying for "running" my goalie on every shift of the game. That would have been the appropriate response. If that resulted in a fight or 3 then so be it. Gaustad offering himself up to get his @ss kicked does nothing.

hang....You're right. Gerbe was the only guywho really looked like he was playing with an attitude. Then again, he often plays like that. Pretty intense when he's out there. I've liked him since his BC days.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]If I'm a sabre I would feel like it was my job to make he B's feel like they were paying for "running" my goalie on every shift of the game. That would have been the appropriate response. If that resulted in a fight or 3 then so be it. Gaustad offering himself up to get his @ss kicked does nothing. hang....You're right. Gerbe was the only guywho really looked like he was playing with an attitude. Then again, he often plays like that. Pretty intense when he's out there. I've liked him since his BC days.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

That's what I was expecting.  Every time any Bruin had the puck, I figured someone would come crashing, on time or late. 

All we got was a dance and then Gaustad running the smallest Bruin.

It's not what I wanted to see as a hockey fan, but it sure made me glad to be a Bruins fan.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

...and just to demonstrate to the Sabres how to stick up for your goaltender, Ference went after Stafford after his goalie interference penalty.

Love this team's cohesion, camaraderie and chemistry.

Buffalo has very little, it seems.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quick Recap : That's what I was expecting.  Every time any Bruin had the puck, I figured someone would come crashing, on time or late.  All we got was a dance and then Gaustad running the smallest Bruin. It's not what I wanted to see as a hockey fan, but it sure made me glad to be a Bruins fan.

Yep. Today, Sabre fans must feel like we did after the Ratt Cooke retribution game a coule season ago. Disappointed as all hell.

Glad to be a Bruin fan for sure.

And dez defintely wears the feety jammies comlete with escape hatch in the rear.

Good thread, NAS.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quick Recap : Yep. Today, Sabre fans must feel like we did after the Ratt Cooke retribution game a coule season ago. Disappointed as all hell. Glad to be a Bruin fan for sure. And dez defintely wears the feety jammies comlete with escape hatch in the rear. Good thread, NAS. Happy Thanksgiving all.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]
    An absolute necessity.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quick Recap : Scooter, I was thinking that Lucic should've made the Sabres work for it too. He should've played stupid when Gaustad challenged him like he did to Laraque a couple years ago. Let the Sabres skate around acting stupid for awhile before responding.......oh well, it's hard to argue with last night's results.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Spot on Dez.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quick Recap : That's what I was expecting.  Every time any Bruin had the puck, I figured someone would come crashing, on time or late.  All we got was a dance and then Gaustad running the smallest Bruin. It's not what I wanted to see as a hockey fan, but it sure made me glad to be a Bruins fan.

How does it make you glad to be a Bruins fan?  You even state in your poll that the response was similar to the Bruins against the Penguins after the Matt Cooke hit... Which it was.  I know it is a couple of years later but the core guys from that Bruins team are still on the team now...