Quick Recap

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Quick Recap

In Response to Re: Quick Recap:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quick Recap : How does it make you glad to be a Bruins fan?  You even state in your poll that the response was similar to the Bruins against the Penguins after the Matt Cooke hit... Which it was.  I know it is a couple of years later but the core guys from that Bruins team are still on the team now...
    Posted by 306bruinsfan[/QUOTE]
    I think there's been a significant change in the culture of the Bruins in the last few years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The Sabers had to respond in the same game. They didn't, so it meant nothing to do it later. I bet in truth most of them didn't even think it was as terrible as Miller and others made it out to be. The Bruins, to a man, are ready to make you pay the instant you try something. It was a tough situation for the Sabers.  Boston is better and tougher, so they can't beat them in the fights or the scoresheet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quick Recap : How does it make you glad to be a Bruins fan?  You even state in your poll that the response was similar to the Bruins against the Penguins after the Matt Cooke hit... Which it was.  I know it is a couple of years later but the core guys from that Bruins team are still on the team now...
    Posted by 306bruinsfan[/QUOTE]

A couple of years later and this is a much different team.  It makes me proud to be a Bruins fan because there is no way any player gets away with running Thomas or Rask.  There are guys who will drop their gloves on all four forward lines and all three defensive pairings.  Heck, one of two goalies will go also.

Big, Bad Bruins.  The bullies of the league.  And the Cup champs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbruins69. Show bostonbruins69's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quick Recap : A couple of years later and this is a much different team.  It makes me proud to be a Bruins fan because there is no way any player gets away with running Thomas or Rask.  There are guys who will drop their gloves on all four forward lines and all three defensive pairings.  Heck, one of two goalies will go also. Big, Bad Bruins.  The bullies of the league.  And the Cup champs.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Totally agree!  This team is so much different then the team of a few years ago.  They don't put up with anything.  They were ready to stick up for each other no matter what happened.  Quaider started pounding at everyone after the hit on Marchand.  Then Ference jumps Stafford for bumping Thomas.  This would not have happened a few years back but now they have everyones back.  They know what they got.  They trust each other more than ever and make that clear anytime someone wants to try something shady.  I'm with you NAS.  Couldn't be more proud to be a Bruins fan then right now!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

This a much different team, and one of which you can be proud.  Quaider looked like Hulk Hogan in that scrum, going back and forth cleaning house with lefts and rights. He lives for that stuff, like having him on the team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

"they beat them and now they're beating them up"

-Sir Jack Edwards

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Lucic was not kidding the post press interview after he collided with Miller that the Bruins would not have stood for that and they're a different team. 
    Right now the Bruins are the most intimidating team in the NHL  and the envy of many hockey fans.
    After SanDogs pic I chose Dez/PJs on the poll.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I was listening to Buffalo sports station GR 55 today and I heard several callers still peeved about the Sabres not defending Millar two weeks ago when they first had the chance to do so.  Others gave props for showing some spirit against the B's.  One caller wondered if any justice was served as they lost the game and the scraps.  I thought if I were a Buffalo fan the redemption came in them at least being willing to mix it up with the bigger Bruins this time around.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Pretty obvious the current Sabres team won't fare well in a playoff series against a tough, physical opponent like the Bruins. If you're a Sabres fan, you'll be praying you don't face the Bruins.........or Philly in any round.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Here's a statement from Gaustad fits well in this thread . I don't like the guy but at least this statement as a positive spin.

"It was an unfortunate incident in Boston," Gaustad said. "I give credit to Milan for fighting. It's something where guys don't have to, and he did. Myself, I wanted to step up after I thought I could have done more in the Boston game. We moved on from that point in Boston and I think we've become a better team because of it."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Here's a statement from Gaustad fits well in this thread . I don't like the guy but at least this statement as a positive spin. "It was an unfortunate incident in Boston," Gaustad said. "I give credit to Milan for fighting. It's something where guys don't have to, and he did. Myself, I wanted to step up after I thought I could have done more in the Boston game. We moved on from that point in Boston and I think we've become a better team because of it."
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Legion - I read that, also.  True, as one of the bigger Sabres he admitted he should have done more when Miller got" Lucic-motived" and the spotlight was pointed at him heading into last night.  He, along with Miller were among the more vocal Sabres after the game in Boston.  To his credit he did what he said had to be done.  Still, when 5-5, 178 lb. Nathan Gerbe is leading his team in the hit parade last night...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I thought the Sabres would do this before the Boston game. He plays on the edge at times and has skill to go along with his big body. Bruins will come to dislike this guy if he plays anything like he did in junior. Let the Lucic-Kassian battles begin !

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/24/buffalo-calls-up-their-version-of-milan-lucic-zack-kassian/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE] I thought the Sabres would do this before the Boston game. He plays on the edge at times and has skill to go along with his big body. Bruins will come to dislike this guy if he plays anything like he did in junior. Let the Lucic-Kassian battles begin ! http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/24/buffalo-calls-up-their-version-of-milan-lucic-zack-kassian/
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    Chowdah, I too expected to see this call-up a game ago. In Buffalo's defense, calling him up essentially to fight Lucic might not be the best way to bring a young player into the league. I do look forward to seeing him try to strut his stuff against NHL talent.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quick Recap : Chowdah, I too expected to see this call-up a game ago. In Buffalo's defense, calling him up essentially to fight Lucic might not be the best way to bring a young player into the league. I do look forward to seeing him try to strut his stuff against NHL talent.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Agreed ! Not really a good way of having to play in your first NHL game.

' Zach we have some good news for you . You're being promoted to the Sabres to play against the Bruins . Now here's the bad news .........'

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quick Recap : Agreed ! Not really a good way of having to play in your first NHL game. ' Zach we have some good news for you . You're being promoted to the Sabres to play against the Bruins . Now here's the bad news .........'
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    "Zach, have you ever thought of yourself as a savior........?"

Sections
Shortcuts