Raffi Torres!?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Raffi Torres!?!

Sure wish we had a guy like that.  Biggest goal of the playoffs to date.  Force all night.

I can't believe not one of you guys are giving me a hard time.  You guys are going soft. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Raffi Torres!?!

shupe... torres should get a suspension according to your recent playoff posts. he PUNCHED kelley square in the face, not a face wash, a punch to the face. kelly had to go to the bench for repairs. no call. if this was a bruin, you would be calling for a public hanging. i'm all ears(eyes). textbook roughing call- no question at all 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Raffi Torres!?!:
    shupe... torres should get a suspension according to your recent playoff posts. he PUNCHED kelley square in the face, not a face wash, a punch to the face. kelly had to go to the bench for repairs. no call. if this was a bruin, you would be calling for a public hanging. i'm all ears(eyes). textbook roughing call- no question at all 
    Posted by adkbeesfan

A Bruin answer.  "Kelly deserved it.  He came in there looking for it and Torres popped him.  Kelly is a dirty player and he had it coming.  Torres is gonna beat up Bergie next game." 

a. I was only posting in fun.  I find it ironic that Torres has been discused numerous times throughout the year and then puts a dagger in my heart last night.
    b. Torres did hit him very hard.  I am surprised he didnt get a penalty.  Refs missed that one for sure.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

but shupe, why the double standard??? why wasn't this the first thing you mentioned?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

This is the FINALS! It was little pop! I don't have the man crush that Shupe does for Torres; but seriously. Then the B's freakin out over the Lucic hit! That was a beautiful hip check. Stanley Cup finals at it's finest! People gotta really stop with the pansy attitude! We're Bruin fans; we can't be whining over every little punch & swat that the B's get.
    Now what Burrows did? Now that's something to complain about!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Oh, c'mon shupe, you're not gonna go down this road are you?  It sounds like locaooo gloating after Thomas lets in a bad goal (it's still not that dumb).

Torres played a very average game and finished a 2-on-1 that was all about the pass.  Good for him.  I still don't want him in a Bruins jersey (and you would hate him on the Bruins, from what you've posted in the past).

It's a long series...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

nitemare.... did you read my post? it was directed at shupes double standard, nothing more nothing less. don't get your britches in a pinch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RechsimusMaximus. Show RechsimusMaximus's posts

Nite, I think alot of those "hipchecks" are borderline lowbridging. He didnt catch Lucic in the midsection or hips but right at the Knees.

I saw the Torres goal and immediately knew Shupe would start this thread hah.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

nitemare.... did you read my post? it was directed at shupes double standard, nothing more nothing less. don't get your britches in a pinch.
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Where is the double standard.  I said it was a penalty.  Was it as hard or as obvious as Lucic and Horton. No.  So where is my double standard.

Fletch- putting me lucaoo league isnt fair is it?  I was having fun with a player I like.  Have always liked since his Oiler days.  If you don't think Torres would help us in this series just keep watching.  Their 3rd line(when it was on based on the PP/PK) was a driving force for them all night.  The fact they were on in the last minute of a game also tells you something. 
    Torres isnt a great player.  But listen to what his own coach says about him.  He provides a spark every single game.  He had 5 hits and the game winning goal on the biggest stage of them all.  This won't be the last time he does something in this series.  People say he couldnt play on this team there is no room?  Really?  As of right now he could play on our 2nd line the way Marchand and Recchi have played. I would take him over any of our bottom 6 as well. 

He played a good game.  Now go put your sensitivty pants on. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Nite, I think alot of those "hipchecks" are borderline lowbridging. He didnt catch Lucic in the midsection or hips but right at the Knees. I saw the Torres goal and immediately knew Shupe would start this thread hah.
    Posted by RechsimusMaximus

I had to.  No would man up and post one in fun.  Thats how this entire debate started.  In fun!  I realize Raffi isnt a world class player.  But he sure would look good in a Bruin uni.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Posted by adkbeesfan

Sorry Ab. I totally mis-read it & took the wrong context. My day started out wrong, in a pee'd off mood & I jumped the gun on you. I apologize.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

dress Thorny, we need a more physical presence from what I saw out there... we all agreed Torres should be dealt with early in the series. By not doing so, look what happened. The physical edge at times has gotten them over many humps this year. Those pops at end of game 1 against TB left had an impact.....these yodellers are bigger and more physicla than I thought.... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

shupe...the point is, you would have started a thread on how the bruins are goons(and deserve suspensions,i might add), and all bruin fans are only seeing it their way. and you would have debated it for hours. now the shoe is on the other foot, and "it's a penalty... that's all i have to say"- i want to hear how torres is a goon, there's no need for that in the game, blah, blah, blah. this is what we have heard from you in the past when it's a bruin committing an infraction. forgive us if it's difficult to find where your allegiances lie. i mean the morning after game one loss, you're posting how great the game winning goal scorer is for the opposing team? it truly seems you are a fan of any team the bruins play. oh wait, you're just "playing the devil's advocate"- right.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Raffi Torres!?!:
    Sure wish we had a guy like that.  Biggest goal of the playoffs to date.  Force all night. I can't believe not one of you guys are giving me a hard time.  You guys are going soft. 
    Posted by shuperman

Hey stupe.I heard he's single. Give him a call.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fcukhabs. Show fcukhabs's posts

Posted by adkbeesfan

that's Claude julien for yea don't go back at them you'll get a penalty fcuk that its the stanley cup finals we got embarrassed and the guy who embarrassed us scored the game winner just like in the carolina seris

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

shupe...the point is, you would have started a thread on how the bruins are goons(and deserve suspensions,i might add), and all bruin fans are only seeing it their way. and you would have debated it for hours. now the shoe is on the other foot, and "it's a penalty... that's all i have to say"- i want to hear how torres is a goon, there's no need for that in the game, blah, blah, blah. this is what we have heard from you in the past when it's a bruin committing an infraction. forgive us if it's difficult to find where your allegiances lie. i mean the morning after game one loss, you're posting how great the game winning goal scorer is for the opposing team? it truly seems you are a fan of any team the bruins play. oh wait, you're just "playing the devil's advocate"- right.   
    Posted by adkbeesfan

I challenge you to go into the history and find where I said any of our players are goons.  What I said in the last series was that by Lucic and Horton sucker punching two players they open up Downie to be Downie.  Was I wrong?  Did people complain when Downie started acting like Downie?  That was my fear more so than Lucic or Horton delivering a stupid sucker punch when the game was over. 

So I will await your list of posts where I said our guys are goons.  Callo and I had a debate going about Marchand after he checked Eberle into the boards from behind.  I said I don't like some of the juvenille stuff he does after the whistles and if he can control that part of his game we are in good shape. Even though I am not a big fan I think he can help this team when his head is screwed on right.  Last night he got hit by our bench and complained about a no-call. 30 seconds later he is in the box for a stupid stupid penalty. 

Thorton is our resident clown.  I don't rip on him other than stating he should be in the lineup.
    Chara hit- I defended that as a hockey hit.
    Lucic hit on Spacek- was a hit from behind or whatever it was called. 

I commented on Torres hits this year.  Thought the Eberle hit was clean b/c he can't control Eberle bending fwd reaching for a puck.  He wasnt targeting the head.  He wanted to make a hit.  Hockey play ala Chara on Max.  Thought Torres hit on Seabrook was a penalty and was surpised he wasnt suspended.  Actually stated he should have been.

Happy hunting.  But, if you wanna call me out, you better have proof.  Sure I am devils advocate.  The last series we had a huge advantage in PP's. In round one we had a slight advantage over Montreal yet everyone said the refs want Montreal to win. 

Cheers

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Raffi Torres!?! : Hey stupe.I heard he's single. Give him a call.
    Posted by watchtower

Yawn!  Whats next, fat mother jokes. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the point is, you're missing the point shupe. if bruins fans see life through "rose colored glasses", you tend to see things through "anyone who plays the bruins colored glasses". why no suspension for torres, suspensions for lucic/horton. anyways it's pointless- you'll continue to dog the bruins and make excuses for their opposition. you're hung up on the word goon, and miss the point entirely.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Raffi Torres!?! : Where is the double standard.  I said it was a penalty.  Was it as hard or as obvious as Lucic and Horton. No.  So where is my double standard. Fletch- putting me lucaoo league isnt fair is it?  I was having fun with a player I like.  Have always liked since his Oiler days.  If you don't think Torres would help us in this series just keep watching.  Their 3rd line(when it was on based on the PP/PK) was a driving force for them all night.  The fact they were on in the last minute of a game also tells you something.  Torres isnt a great player.  But listen to what his own coach says about him.  He provides a spark every single game.  He had 5 hits and the game winning goal on the biggest stage of them all.  This won't be the last time he does something in this series.  People say he couldnt play on this team there is no room?  Really?  As of right now he could play on our 2nd line the way Marchand and Recchi have played. I would take him over any of our bottom 6 as well.  He played a good game.  Now go put your sensitivty pants on. 
    Posted by shuperman

Shupe, to be clear, I'm not putting you anywhere near lucaooo.  He's in a league of his own and is a ghost here now -- either ignored or mocked on every post.  You're a smart and respected poster.

I just don't want a new thread everytime Torres does something good in the series.  We all know he's capable of making some big plays and might score some goals.

My personal opinion is that he's been very inconsistent throughout his career and never matched his expectations coming into the league.  I think he wore out the patience of the Islanders, Oilers, and Blue Jackets.  But he might stick and be valuable in Vancouver because he is simply a 3rd line guy there with no illusions of being a top-2-line guy.  The disappointments about Torres stem from most people expecting more than a 3rd line guy.  But with lower expectations, he can certainly impress and be valuable.

I just don't think that anyone's opinion of him should change because he finished a 2-on-1 nicely and played a pretty active game last night.

And, although I won't rekindle our same old argument, I often find his conduct to be very similar to the type that you criticize Bruins players for (eg. Marchand).  Nothing wrong with that -- just making the point.  His shot on Kelly was a cheapy.  No big deal though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

DONT RESPOND TO THE WORTHLESS TROLLS!

Fletch, he is the smartest troll to ever post here.  A respected poster?  I doubt that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Anyone who trumpets Raffi Torres as a hockey player is not a serious hockey fan and a less serious poster.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

DONT RESPOND TO THE WORTHLESS TROLLS! Fletch, he is the smartest troll to ever post here.  A respected poster?  I doubt that.
    Posted by bigvig

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.  Calling me the smartest troll on here, well I am not sure if that is a compliment or not.  
    I am a troll b/c I speak my mind.  Just like you gave an opinion.  I speak my mind and if it doesnt follow the norm I am a troll.  5000 posts since 2005 and I am a troll?  I really need to get a life.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Anyone who trumpets Raffi Torres as a hockey player is not a serious hockey fan and a less serious poster.
    Posted by Wheatskins

Really?  Why is that? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't think shupe is a troll, and I do respect his opinion and think he knows a lot about hockey.

Why he is so much harder on the Bruins than other teams, I have no idea...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: Raffi Torres!?! : Really?  Why is that? 
    Posted by shuperman

Because you revel in and take enjoyment out of a player that can do nothing but stir up nonsense that has nothing to do with the playing of hockey.

You must love Maxime Lapierre and Matt Cooke, too.

Sections
Shortcuts