Raffi Torres!?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Raffi Torres!?!

In Response to Re: Raffi Torres!?!:
    [QUOTE]the point is, you're missing the point shupe. if bruins fans see life through "rose colored glasses", you tend to see things through "anyone who plays the bruins colored glasses". why no suspension for torres, suspensions for lucic/horton. anyways it's pointless- you'll continue to dog the bruins and make excuses for their opposition. you're hung up on the word goon, and miss the point entirely.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    No I don't see your point.  I made a post in fun directed towards a few guys like BsL(who constantly bugs me about Raffi), Fletch(who I made fun of his comments on a leaf), Dez(solid poster) and mainly NAS. 
    You switched it into a double standard debate.  When did I say suspensions for Lucic and Horton.  That's my point.  I said if you wanna read through that everyone loved it.  But what happens if they start looking at those head shots(like Kesler said).  Everyone ok with losing one of our most important guys for a shot late in a game that was already decided.  Both were called for a penalty.  Torres definitely deserved a penalty.
    As part of my role on here I like to look at posts that are obviously one sided and take a different look at them.  Does that make me a troll.  Again, I have posted thousands of posts that are supportive of our players.  How come you never post anything after one of those posts and only ones that are someone against the norm. 
    Today you are complaining about everything.  Of course Canadian broadcasters and fans are gonna wear Red and White with pride.  So what?  Amercians are the most patriotic people in the world(which I think is great).  Why can't Canadians?  the support they get is well deserved.  Pretty sure even the most die hard Oiler and Flames fans were cheering the other on during their run to the cup. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Raffi Torres!?! : Because you revel in and take enjoyment out of a player that can do nothing but stir up nonsense that has nothing to do with the playing of hockey. You must love Maxime Lapierre too.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]
    Van puts Torres on the ice in the final minute of a 0-0 game. He must be doing something right.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Raffi Torres!?! : Because you revel in and take enjoyment out of a player that can do nothing but stir up nonsense that has nothing to do with the playing of hockey. You must love Maxime Lapierre too.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]
    Nope and I never once saw you post anything when I labeled RATT COOKE.  Selective posting on your part and you obviously missed the numerous posts on Torres this year.  It is an ongoing fun debate between a number of excellent posters on here. 
    I like Raffi, so what.  Would love him in our lineup.  So what.  I didnt stir anything up.  If you read the 1st post of mine on this topic you should have known I was basically calling out the others I have had an ongoing debate with.
    The fact Raffi had the game winning goal means nothing to you?  yeah he is a terrible hockey player

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I didnt know he was playing until that goal, which my 6 year old could have finished.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

shupe...you just don't get it, and you probably never will. it's rubbing salt in the wound, when you start a thread like this, after last nights result. it's the kinda post we're used to seeing from cactus, or greatseason. if you can't take a step back, and understand this, i don't know what to tell you. poor timing, it comes off as "i told you so"- like you're actually pulling for him to play well. i hope he doesn't score another point the rest of the series...how about you?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Raffi Torres!?! : Nope and I never once saw you post anything when I labeled RATT COOKE.  Selective posting on your part and you obviously missed the numerous posts on Torres this year.  It is an ongoing fun debate between a number of excellent posters on here.  I like Raffi, so what.  Would love him in our lineup.  So what.  I didnt stir anything up.  If you read the 1st post of mine on this topic you should have known I was basically calling out the others I have had an ongoing debate with. The fact Raffi had the game winning goal means nothing to you?  yeah he is a terrible hockey player
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

So you started all this Raffi stuff to stir up others into a debate?

Find something better to debate!

So he scores and they win. It's one game.

Like they say you can't win the lottery without a ticket. He just happened to have the ticket in the final minute. And like they say, you only win the lottery once.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

After the disbelief subsided, and the swearing stopped, I did have moment of "Raffi freaken Torres are you kidding me?" given the history with you and your posts.  It almost made me chuckle.
    Hey lighten up everyone. Getting way to worked up over this little side bar. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Raffi Torres!?!:[QUOTE]In Response to Raffi Torres!?! : Hey stupe.I heard he's single. Give him a call. Posted by watchtower[/QUOTE]

^Post of the thread!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]After the disbelief subsided, and the swearing stopped, I did have moment of "Raffi freaken Torres are you kidding me?" given the history with you and your posts.  It almost made me chuckle. Hey lighten up everyone. Getting way to worked up over this little side bar. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

scooter,

I said the same thing...with a curse word thrown in.  Then I thought of all the fine folks on here knowing they would think the same. 

It was a light hearted post.  People need to relax. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

wow !  I can't believe the comments.

My opinion on Torres.
    He's impressed me in the playoffs,a very hard 3-4th line hitter. I wish Paille would be a little closer to a Torres although Paille brings another element to his game. He's better defensively and good on PK .
    Torres played a pretty good game last night and got rewarded with the game winning goal. 
    Like I said on my 3rd / 4th line war thread , Vancouver's 3rd line outplayed the Bruins. Plain and simple.  That's where the game was played.

-Sedins were shut down by Bergeron and Chara/Seids .
    -Kessler shut down Krejci's line.
    -TT and Luongo both helped their team to win the game although Thomas had to make the bigger saves to keep his team in it .
    - Lucic was a non-factor.
    and that's the result 1-0 Vancouver.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]wow !  I can't believe the comments. My opinion on Torres. He's impressed me in the playoffs,a very hard 3-4th line hitter. I wish Paille would be a little closer to a Torres although Paille brings another element to his game. He's better defensively and good on PK over Torres. Torres played a pretty good game last night and got rewarded with the game winning goal.  Like I said on my 3rd / 4th line war thread , Vancouver's 3rd line outplayed the Bruins. Plain and simple.  That's where the game was played. -Sedins were shut down by Bergeron and Chara/Seids . -Kessler shut down Krejci's line. -TT and Luongo both helped their team to win the game although Thomas had to make the bigger saves to keep his team in it . - Lucic was a non-factor. and that's the result 1-0 Vancouver.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

troll

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]After the disbelief subsided, and the swearing stopped, I did have moment of "Raffi freaken Torres are you kidding me?" given the history with you and your posts.  It almost made me chuckle. Hey lighten up everyone. Getting way to worked up over this little side bar. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]
    Scooter, I had a very similar reaction.And to the people acting like that game was the end of the world I ask how many times (in 1 playoffs) can the world come to an end? How is it that every loss means the end of the Bruins? I know I'm a dink for saying this but of the 1000 or so posters on here,I think only about 20-30 actually know and understand the game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Raffi Torres!?!:
    [QUOTE]Sure wish we had a guy like that.  Biggest goal of the playoffs to date.  Force all night. I can't believe not one of you guys are giving me a hard time.  You guys are going soft. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    I could think of about 500 hockey players I wished we had over Raffi Torres....Sidney Crosby would start that list. your man crush over this dude is hysterical

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Raffi Torres!?! : Scooter, I had a very similar reaction.And to the people acting like that game was the end of the world I ask how many times (in 1 playoffs) can the world come to an end? How is it that every loss means the end of the Bruins? I know I'm a dink for saying this but of the 1000 or so posters on here,I think only about 20-30 actually know and understand the game.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Can I join that list.  Just b/c I am a troll? I am a delicate genious and you are pimple popper md

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Raffi Torres!?! : I could think of about 500 hockey players I wished we had over Raffi Torres....Sidney Crosby would start that list. your man crush over this dude is hysterical
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]
    I think that's the point though Beezfan. Shupe is like this forum's Andy Kaufman.....only a handful of people get his "jokes".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Raffi Torres!?! : I could think of about 500 hockey players I wished we had over Raffi Torres....Sidney Crosby would start that list. your man crush over this dude is hysterical
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]

Name them in order. Of that 500 how many have a game 1 stanley cup winning goal. 
    Torres has already put his mark on this series.  And I would love to have him in a Bruins uni. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

only a genious could misssspell genius. nuff said

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I think the NaS/Shupe "Raffi Torres" ongoing tete a tete was one of the highlights  of this board this past season.

I find it oddly ironic that after all that, that hack Torres is the one who sticks in the dagger.

It also underscores the fact that their 3rd line badly outplayed ours. Didn't think that would be the case.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]I think the NaS/Shupe "Raffi Torres" ongoing tete a tete was one of the highlights  of this board this past season. I find it oddly ironic that after all that, that hack Torres is the one who sticks in the dagger. It also underscores the fact that their 3rd line badly outplayed ours. Didn't think that would be the case.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

Thanks seo.  It was meant in fun until killjoy adk came along

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the real question is...was shupe happy to see torres score the goal, or dissapointed to see the bruins lose....hmmmmm i'm guessing he was not that unhappy with the result, he got to say "told you so"- which was the entire point of this thread.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

I wish Chiarelli had tried harder (or just plain tried) to get Raffi here when the CBJ put him on the market last year.
    -
    Every Bruins playoff collapse is preceeded by a dearth of scoring. The B's have now scored just one goal in their last six periods and the PP continues to be a disaster.
    -
    Despite the euphoria in making the Cup Finals, this buzz will end quickly if the Bs get crushed by the Canucks. Is the 1990 team loved? The '88?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I dunno adk, Seemed like it was sarcastic humour to me.
    I think it was directed at the fact NaS can't steal Shupe's lunch money for once  ;-)

We really are one big happy family, right?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]the real question is...was shupe happy to see torres score the goal, or dissapointed to see the bruins lose....hmmmmm i'm guessing he was not that unhappy with the result, he got to say "told you so"- which was the entire point of this thread.
    No, thats not the point.  The point was in fun with people I have chatted with all year.  Actually said, Why Torres after the cursing. The ironic part of this entire thread and issue was the debate I had back and forth and then RT scores the winner. 
    Smile.  It doesnt hurt.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

it sounded like pouring salt on the wound to me...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]it sounded like pouring salt on the wound to me...

Adk? I honestly think Shupe was only acting in fun. It wasn't meant as a "I told you so!" post. It was to kid around with NAS; Legion & a few others. That's how I took it anyway.