Raffi Torres!?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Raffi Torres!?!

just for the record.  on tsn studs and duds he was labelled a stud and stanley cup hero.  :-)  RaffiMania is running wild.  Its ok.  We will sign him this offseason.  Seriously imagine if that happens on top of last nights goal. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Raffi Torres!?!:
    [QUOTE]just for the record.  on tsn studs and duds he was labelled a stud and stanley cup hero.  :-)  RaffiMania is running wild.  Its ok.  We will sign him this offseason.  Seriously imagine if that happens on top of last nights goal. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    In all honesty Shupe, the only times I noticed Torres last night was when he was trying to finish a hit on Chara(gotta try I guess), in the scrum against Kelly, and when he chipped in the winner. I thought he played rather poorly until the last 30 seconds. I've got to say it did work out rather well for him in the end. Screw him though. Van is still ripe for the pickin'. The series changes dramatically on Saturday. Go Bruins!!!!!! 4 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Dez, honestly anyone but Torres.  I seriously was ticked and then realized it was Torres and I thought.  Man is this gonna be interesting.  In a funny way.  Some don't find it funny.  Guess it was a little too soon.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, honestly anyone but Torres.  I seriously was ticked and then realized it was Torres and I thought.  Man is this gonna be interesting.  In a funny way.  Some don't find it funny.  Guess it was a little too soon.
    Shupe, I actually let out a little snort when I realized who scored.......I then muttered  "what in the f#@k" and then I calmed down again, remembering that Boston does nothing the easy way. Maybe that's why I love them so much...... They're maddening I tells ya!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]I wish Chiarelli had tried harder (or just plain tried) to get Raffi here when the CBJ put him on the market last year. - Every Bruins playoff collapse is preceeded by a dearth of scoring. The B's have now scored just one goal in their last six periods and the PP continues to be a disaster. - Despite the euphoria in making the Cup Finals, this buzz will end quickly if the Bs get crushed by the Canucks. Is the 1990 team loved? The '88?
    Posted by CubanPete[/QUOTE]

Raffi went to Buffalo instead. Thank God.

Why do you think the Sabres didn't re-sign him?

You have two guesses. The first one doesn't count.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Wheat,

The Sabres don't keep anyone.  Just sayin

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Wheat, The Sabres don't keep anyone.  Just sayin
    What about Lafontaine and Pierre Turgeon?...........oh yeah, forget it...........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]I dunno adk, Seemed like it was sarcastic humour to me. I think it was directed at the fact NaS can't steal Shupe's lunch money for once  ;-) We really are one big happy family, right?
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised NAS hasn't chimed in yet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Raffi Torres!?! : I'm surprised NAS hasn't chimed in yet.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

If I don't watch it I will be on his list soon as well. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

From a Canuck fan's POV, the off season signing of Torres by Gillis was a bit of a head-scratcher at the time.  Malhotra, yes, I was all for that one -- character guy, great defensive player, killer on faceoffs.  Hamhuis, yep -- finally getting out of Weber & Suter's shadow, to show himself as a genuine NHL top-2 dman.  Ballard ; thought that was great; adding huge depth on the blueline, though he's getting paid about $2m too much.  But Torres?  A serial underachiever, a bit of a head case... but he's fit in well as a 3rd line grinder, chipping in the odd goal, and certainly has found chemistry with Lappy (another Gillis pickup that raised a whole lot of eyebrows) and Hansen. 

I think if Torres is given the opportunity to just play within himself, and not have expectations of that 5th overall draft pick as a sniper, then he's able to find his comfort zone.  Yeah, he's still a bit of a head case, but I he's helped the Canucks more than he's hurt them, so far.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]From a Canuck fan's POV, the off season signing of Torres by Gillis was a bit of a head-scratcher at the time.  Malhotra, yes, I was all for that one -- character guy, great defensive player, killer on faceoffs.  Hamhuis, yep -- finally getting out of Weber & Suter's shadow, to show himself as a genuine NHL top-2 dman.  Ballard ; thought that was great; adding huge depth on the blueline, though he's getting paid about $2m too much.  But Torres?  A serial underachiever, a bit of a head case... but he's fit in well as a 3rd line grinder, chipping in the odd goal, and certainly has found chemistry with Lappy (another Gillis pickup that raised a whole lot of eyebrows) and Hansen.  I think if Torres is given the opportunity to just play within himself, and not have expectations of that 5th overall draft pick as a sniper, then he's able to find his comfort zone.  Yeah, he's still a bit of a head case, but I he's helped the Canucks more than he's hurt them, so far.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

I think 10 yrs ago or whatever is a long time ago.  Torres is a perfect 3rd line -4th liner.  He gives an all out effort every night.  Which is why I wanted the B's t sign him. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Raffi Torres!?! : A Bruin answer.  "Kelly deserved it.  He came in there looking for it and Torres popped him.  Kelly is a dirty player and he had it coming.  Torres is gonna beat up Bergie next game."  a. I was only posting in fun.  I find it ironic that Torres has been discused numerous times throughout the year and then puts a dagger in my heart last night. b. Torres did hit him very hard.  I am surprised he didnt get a penalty.  Refs missed that one for sure.

Sadly, you were one of the first people I thought of after he scored. I just don't want to talk about it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I hope he scores on his own net in overtime...

I think we all agree he's a good 3rd liner.  I just never liked him much, in part because I root for Edmonton a lot in the west (lucky me) and thought that he never lived up to expectations there.