Raffi Torres

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Raffi Torres

Anyone want to talk about him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Raffi Torres

NOT

No harm no foul.  I knew it was coming.  It was just a matter of time.  I need RT to go on a tear for a few games to keep on pace.  :-)
    But on Van he will get PP time so I still stand by my claim that he gets 20 plus goals.  He will outscore Wheeler for sure.  And he has more than Seguin, Recchi, Thorton, BM, PB, and tied with the 4 million dollar a year Ryder.  In fact only Lucic and Horton have more. 

Have I saved this debate at all?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Raffi Torres:
    [QUOTE]NOT No harm no foul.  I knew it was coming.  It was just a matter of time.  I need RT to go on a tear for a few games to keep on pace.  :-) But on Van he will get PP time so I still stand by my claim that he gets 20 plus goals.  He will outscore Wheeler for sure.  And he has more than Seguin, Recchi, Thorton, BM, PB, and tied with the 4 million dollar a year Ryder.  In fact only Lucic and Horton have more.  Have I saved this debate at all?
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    A little bit  I suppose.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

thanks dez,

But I don't think I have convinced myself yet.  haha. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]thanks dez, But I don't think I have convinced myself yet.  haha. 

I also think you did a pretty good job. Well played, sir. Still, no Raffi Torres trade for anything more than our 3rd rounder and/or Hamill.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Raffi Torres:[QUOTE]Hey San, 25 goals will likely be as good as our 3rd highest goal scorer.  He made 1 million as a UFA.  Are you telling me that when the playoffs come you would rather have Wheeler or Ryder over Torres?  Not this guy.  Even when Torres is in a slump at least he can change a game with a big hit.  Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Raffi will score consistently better during the regular season than Wheeler yes. During the playoffs versus the Bruins I found why Chiarelli wouldn't give up a 4th rounder for Torres 0 goals plus time and time again Ryder pounded him. I didn't see Raffi send one message to intimidate the Bruins not once.

I wanted Torres in March but not for a 2nd rounder. I found out quickly why Chiarelli didn't give into Columbus's demands. Also is Raffi getting the Versteeg in Chicago benefit for playing with one of the most offensively talented teams in the NHL Vancouver ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

San-
    legit points but what about his playoff run with edmonton where he was one of their best fwds?  sure he had a hard time in Buffalo.  But doesnt everyone when it comes to scoring?  And consider the team he played against...Rask was amazing.

Sure you are an eliment of what surrounds you.  But Torres is getting 3 line ice time and about 14 mins a game.  Plus PK and PP. He isnt playing with the Sedins. 

Torres can skate, hit and chip in the occasional goal.  I think he fits perfectly on the Canucks.  

This debate goes back a bit.  But Not-A and I had a good debate going on that he wouldnt do well in Van.  I said he would crack 20 goals and that would be one of the leaders on the Bruins.  Well...he started out gang busters and has cooled off very quickly. 

That was the reason for the start of this post b/c he had agreed to come back after 40 games.  I came back early, Not countered early. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I like Torres's game but the streaks where he doesn't score he plays like he's 5'8" not 6'0" and I get your points on him for sure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Shupe and Sandog, please cut out the civil disagreement. We all hate each other and should show it in our posts. After all, we cheer for different teams and outcomes.

Sincerely,

DC

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]NOT No harm no foul.  I knew it was coming.  It was just a matter of time.  I need RT to go on a tear for a few games to keep on pace.  :-) But on Van he will get PP time so I still stand by my claim that he gets 20 plus goals.  He will outscore Wheeler for sure.  And he has more than Seguin, Recchi, Thorton, BM, PB, and tied with the 4 million dollar a year Ryder.  In fact only Lucic and Horton have more.  Have I saved this debate at all?

He has more goals than the fourth line goon.  Wicked happy for him!

Of his 11 points, 6 came in a three game stretch.  So the other 23 games he recorded five points.  He'd be crucified here!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]thanks dez, But I don't think I have convinced myself yet.  haha. 
    I think you're right about Raffi being a fine bottom 6 forward.And I do get the Wheeler comparison.If a player isn't contributing on the scoresheet they can at least be physical and Raffi certainly does that.I woud've had no problem if PC had got him for the right price but some posters on here made some outrageous suggestions as to what PC should've given for him at last years deadline.As a result of PC not going for Raffi I think a number of Bruins fans have kept a closer eye on Raffi to see what we may have lost.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Shupe and Sandog, please cut out the civil disagreement. We all hate each other and should show it in our posts. After all, we cheer for different teams and outcomes. Sincerely, DC
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    Well you quit being sincere then.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Do you remember Tores from last year in Buffalo. He was invisable and should remain so.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NOT-

He has more goals than everyone on the Bruins not named Lucic and Horton.  And if we wanna play streak game how about Horton.  Any difference then Torres other than getting prime time minutes on the 1st line?  He started out a guns a blazin and has done jack diddly pooh of late.  Now I know you can't compare the two in terms of skill level but isnt Horton a classic underachiever? 

The only point I made was as a UFA he would have looked nice on one of our bottom lines.  He actually fits the Bruins mold a lot better than Wheeler/Ryder.   Who make a lot more than he does.  

I don't think he would be crucified in Boston b/c Bruins fans have always liked players who give an honest effort.  Every player will take a night off but Torres has a lot less nights off than either of the aforementioned Bruins.  And at least he always hustles and has been known to bang bodies and drop the gloves.

I would take hi over Wheeler or Ryder...hands down!

Your serve!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

You must be bored or you're trying to get duinne on here.  She's always expressed her dislike and a waste of space Torres is.
    I think shupes has had this debate with her already . 
    Shot,  you're a bad man.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Shupe and I have gone back and forth about Raffi since last summer.  Shupe blew me up after Torres scored a hat trick earlier in the season.  I'm just returning the favor as Torres has done next to nothing since.

All in good fun here!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Speaking of Duinne, where has she been

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Speaking of Duinne, where has she been
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

Hiding in Krejci's bushes?

Sections
Shortcuts