Raise the banner with Habs in town

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Raise the banner with Habs in town

I would love to see the faces on those divers as the B's raise the banner to the rafters next year.  Would the NHL dare schedule them to be the opponent for the home opener?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Raise the banner with Habs in town

And of course, free tickets for all of the Scab fans who troll this board.   There aren't enough Kleenex in the world.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Raise the banner with Habs in town:
    [QUOTE]I would love to see the faces on those divers as the B's raise the banner to the rafters next year.  Would the NHL dare schedule them to be the opponent for the home opener?
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

hang - I don't see why not.  It would be a brilliant scenario.  Sort of a the victors vs the vanquished kind of thing.  Love it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Let's get creative -- If the Habs aren't scheduled for the home opener -- Do like they do and dream up some lame insignificant event to honor some fossil from the Bruins 1929 Stanley Cup Championship -- Pull down the banner and redo the entire ceremony.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat11. Show gymrat11's posts

I was thinking the same thing...the red sox did it the year after they won, and the yanks were the home opener

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Brilliant !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hendy77. Show hendy77's posts

I would prefer if they did it when the Leafs are in town.

Sort of a "Thank You Brian Burke Night" at the Garden.

Might bring a tear to my eye watching Kessel see the banner rise to the rafters.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

I would like it to be Vancouver and then give them the beat down they deserve! It might look like Slapshot!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Montreal or Toronto...I don't know who I want to be in the visitor for banner night more. I have a lot more respect for the Habs now than I ever have, and I don't want to poke the bear there, so probably Toronto.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Considering the ineptness of the NHL, it will probably be Nashville or Columbus.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I read somewhere that the Yankees weren't the original opening day opponent when the Sox won, but management called the Yanks and asked if they would be there. Said it would only be fitting, and the Yanks agreed and were completely classy during the whole thing.

The venom between the Habs and Bs is during the game, and especially with the fans. As organizations, these two need each other and have respect for the rivalry. NESN showed Game 7 this morning, and the Habs players were congratulatory and respectful in the loss. I remember the comments afterwards were kind as well.

So why not? Bring the Habs out. Raise the banner. Start the season. If I were MTL, I'd want that. Show my players what it's all about and light a fire. Great for both teams, so make it happen NHL!!