Rangers @ Bruins Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Rangers @ Bruins Game Thread

In response to BsLegion's comment:

LMAO .... who saw Jack Edwards jumping up and down when Marchand scored ?

Did he do that because there was a camera on him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Damn Nash....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Ugh....well, at least the B's got a point.

On another note, I never want to see Krecji in the SO again....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Gah.  Well, take the point and move on.  Heck of a comeback, and Marchand cannot miss right now.  Scores to get the Bruins a point, scores to extend the shootout.... 

Still not happy with the vulnerability of the bottom six right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Super impressive just to get a point out of that... but a little concerned about Seguin not being able to find the back of the net.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Gah.  Well, take the point and move on.  Heck of a comeback, and Marchand cannot miss right now.  Scores to get the Bruins a point, scores to extend the shootout.... 

Agreed. Its putting pressure on the top six. Although Peverly looked pretty good tonight.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

I'd rather see Horton than Krejci for the extended shootout....

What a terrible shot by Marchand....

And, like BookBoy, I find it tough to watch the third line....first games of the season, Peverley was flying, hitting posts, but now, his confidence level must be very low, Kelly is doing NOTHING on offense, and Bourque just not in his place in this league.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Gladly take the point tonight.

But don't we have better than  DK for the SO?

Peverly, Horton or even Hamilton would be worth a try...

Oh well, on to Buffalo.

BTW - how long can we go and still say the 'best start in franchise history'?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Heck of a comeback but I really thought they had the shootout too. Oh well can't be greedy

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Homer: Oh, I'll kill myself if Portugal doesn't win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In the end irrelevant that bad goal let in by Rask.

why are you all on the backs of Krejci ?  so he missed tonight but I've seen him score some very nice goals in the SO. 

It's a crap shoot sending Peverley, Horton and anyone else at that point in the SO.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

Gladly take the point tonight.

But don't we have better than  DK for the SO?

Peverly, Horton or even Hamilton would be worth a try...

Oh well, on to Buffalo.

BTW - how long can we go and still say the 'best start in franchise history'?

Dave, I hear you. 18 out of a possible 22 is nothing to sneeze at is it? Gutsy effort. They deserved a better fate. Outshot and outhit them. Killed off some crucial penalties. I'm really anxious to see what these guys can do when they put it all together. They're still a little bit off with their passing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

8-1-2.  Not too shabby. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

why are you all on the backs of Krejci ?  so he missed tonight but I've seen him score some very nice goals in the SO. 

It's a crap shoot sending Peverley, Horton and anyone else at that point in the SO.

Oh, just giving David the gears. He never has been all that effective in the SO and that effort tonight was hard to watch. No big deal. I kind of miss Chara just going up the ice and blasting away....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Dave, I hear you. 18 out of a possible 22 is nothing to sneeze at is it? Gutsy effort. They deserved a better fate. Outshot and outhit them. Killed off some crucial penalties. I'm really anxious to see what these guys can do when they put it all together. They're still a little bit off with their passing.

If only they could add a more productive PP to that mix, dez.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Not to mention their third line is still collectively awol.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

BsL - I am not trying to be too hard on DK, but why not go with some sniping ability? Horton has that characteristic and he scored just 10 minutes earlier?

I know CJ looks at the hot hand and maybe they keep track of practice shootouts or something, but Krejci looked befuddled going in on Lundqvist.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Not to mention their third line is still collectively awol.

Kelly had a couple of shifts in the 3rd where it seemed like he had tape on his blades. Bourque was back to being just barely useful. It was very telling when he got outmuscled for the puck by 19 year old JT Miller in the 3rd period. Peverley played very good actually though but got no results.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm not say that PCshouldn't resign Ference, I think he will get a two year extension at probably the same he is making now, but AF has looked a little slower this season. He might be nursing an injury but his  just a tad bit sluggish this season.

I also don't think that McQuaid has gotten his strength back from taking blood thinners after having his surgery. Me thinks Adam will get his MoJo back soon though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

pandolfo will solve that book! haha

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

If only they could add a more productive PP to that mix, dez.

I'm surprised it never gets mentioned that the PP is only terrible this year on home ice. They're actually 20% when on the road.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Kelly had a couple of shifts in the 3rd where it seemed like he had tape on his blades. Bourque was back to being just barely useful. It was very telling when he got outmuscled for the puck by 19 year old JT Miller in the 3rd period. Peverley played very good actually though but got no results.

Yep, I liked the play of Peverly. Kelly, I have no idea how he has become so irrelevant. And Bourque? Well...I like his name and that's about it. So far so good for the team but at some point the third line has to contribute and the PP needs to sharpen up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

...and on the subject of shootouts - we have seen some sick moves in shootouts...stop/starts, spinaramas, etc but we rarely see the Bs try a 'hotdog' move. I wonder why.

The Bs always seem to do the traditional 'Penalty Shot' approach to shootouts when a more 'creative' move might be in order.

I also am aware that hotdog moves have relatively low percentage success rates, but once in a while why not try it?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

Heck of a comeback but I really thought they had the shootout too. Oh well can't be greedy

I have to admit I was thinking about watching something else - I am glad I didn't!

I will put this game in the memory banks for other times we're down a couple pucks late.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I also don't think that McQuaid has gotten his strength back from taking blood thinners after having his surgery. Me thinks Adam will get his MoJo back soon though.

I don't remember who he checked into the boards in the first period, but it made a thunderous sound and broke the guy's stick!