Rangers, Buf, or Montreal???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Rangers, Buf, or Montreal???

I initially was a bit nervous about facing Montreal before our last game, but after being at B's Rangers Sat, then watching Buf v NYR tonight, it would be an NHL playoff death sentence to watch NYR or Buf in the first round.  These teams are brutal to watch, a dump in one step infront of the blue line is a scoring chance for Buf.  I guess no matter what we will see 2 of the leagues best tenders in any of these scenario's, but help us if we ever lost a slow death to Buf or NYR.  Could you imagine losing four games 1-0?

Here's to hoping for a heated, exciting battle of B's Montreal in round one!  Winner of that series should enjoy a successful playoff run.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Rangers, Buf, or Montreal???

I am hoping for the Habs in round one. Montreal has many issues that have yet to be sorted out and the playoffs are almost here.

Carolina is just stomping them tonight and Montreal is putting up little fight...

If I had to choose between the Rangers and Buffalo I would like to take on the Sabres. They are not the team they were even last year and the B's beat them pretty handily then.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Fear the Rangers.   They have a tight defensive system and excellent goaltending. They kept the Bs to the outside for weak shots, clogging the slot and backchecking without error.  We got very few good scoring chances.  They play a boring, methodical system much like the old Devils, Trap artists.  They are excellent in the neutral zone.

It will be hard to get goals or even quality chances.  Look at what happened in the third period.  The Bs swarmed, but the Rangers held off and the game ended 1-0 the wrong way. How often have our Bruins been shut out this year?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Rangers are a weird team.  No real identity past their goalie and coach.  They have a good solid defensive game. Some pesky fast fwds and a game breaker who, when hot is a scoring machine. 
    I am not worried about Buffalo and less worried about Montreal. 

Bring on whoever. I just wanna watch playoff hockey

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from logeseats. Show logeseats's posts

Take the Habs and let the Rangers take out Wash or Philly!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Doesn't matter. All 3 have top notch goaltending & have the ability to win a series by themselves. It all comes down to TT matching, or being better than these 3.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Careful what you wish for....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTisOverrated. Show TTisOverrated's posts

In Response to Re: Rangers, Buf, or Montreal???:
    [QUOTE]Doesn't matter. All 3 have top notch goaltending & have the ability to win a series by themselves. It all comes down to TT matching, or being better than these 3.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    And... Floppy will let us all down once again

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Rangers are a weird team.  No real identity past their goalie and coach.  They have a good solid defensive game. Some pesky fast fwds and a game breaker who, when hot is a scoring machine.  I am not worried about Buffalo and less worried about Montreal.  Bring on whoever. I just wanna watch playoff hockey
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Becareful Shupe. I know the B's handled Buffalo quite well last yr in round 1, but don't forget Miller (1 of the worlds elite played 81 games last season).
    I know Lundqvist has a great record against the B's, but what's his record when he plays against TT compared to Rask or Fernandez?  BTW- As I'm typing this. TSN announces that Miller was hurt. How Badly?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

he didnt play tonight at all re: Miller.

I am not worried about buffalo.  they have a pretty solid team but I am not really worried about any team in the east.  Of all the teams Wash/Philly b/c of depth but our goalie is better. 
    Montreal is falling fast.  They better be careful or they may not make it.  The other teams have games in hand.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

After tonight's loss to Carolina, I'm finally convinced. A few Bs fans had told me their #1 choice match-up was Montreal, and I finally believe them. I hadn't been following MTL regularly (weak stomach), but they're in big trouble right about now. They pose NO threat to us.

It'll be laughable.

That said, last I read, we only had about a 30% chance of meeting them in round 1. (Zero chance in round 2 lol)

I have to do the math myself, as of tonight.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rangers, Buf, or Montreal??? : And... Floppy will let us all down once again
    Posted by TTisOverrated[/QUOTE]

Go back to your Hab forums RMiller!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Bruins will crank through the first round with little resistance.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

All 3 of those matchups scare me to some degree.  I'd have to take the Habs if given a choice.  B's - Rangers always seem to play 1-0 or 2-1 games.  B's have a hard time scoring against them.

Buffalo has really taken it to us this yr.  The B's have blown 2 or 3 games against them this yr after leading by 2 goals.  For some reason we just can't shut those guys down, especially Stafford who has 2 hat tricks against us.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Doesn't matter. All 3 have top notch goaltending & have the ability to win a series by themselves. It all comes down to TT matching, or being better than these 3.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Like you're saying Nite,  all 3 have good goaltending. 
    Miller will be ok come playoff time although the Sabres are too small,  they will not be able to grind it out with the Bruins.  After this long run of there's the tank will be empty.
    Lundqvist, got a puck on the inside of his knee and seems to be okay. Let's see if he starts tonight.  Out of the 3 teams this would be the toughest team for the Bruins to play.  I still think they will figure Lundqvist out.  That's the beauty of the playoffs , a team can zero in on what they need to do to beat the other teams goalie. Just like Miller last season. 
    Price and the Habs ? Can he be like Hallak last season in the playoffs ? Lots of questions on this team and their heart right now.  Not sure they can pull it together as they did.  Only thing I'm afraid meeting them is the circus of the Bruins going into Montreal and staying focussed. One Bruin said they'll have to sleep at the Bell Centre. If this is the case in a side-show atmosphere , it'll go 7.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I know one thing if we get Buf first then Drew Stafford will leade the NHL in playoff goal scoring by the end of the first round. No matter wich team ends up winning the series.

I want MTL in the 1st round. Just smash them and get it over with.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Miller scares me, could be a reverse of what we did to them in the 1st round last year. 
    Lundqvist is a Bruins killer.
    Carey is solid, but i think the Bruins would come out with that killer instinct vs the Habs.  IF they play physical they would wear down a smaller Habs team.  For this reason i would like to see the habs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Montreal or Buffalo would be ideal

Lundquist is a beast, so no NYR please

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Ive been saying it for months, bring on the HABS!!!!  Its just a better storyline, more intense, they HATE each other and I love the idea of half of Montreal being on suicide watch after the Bruins crush them again in round one!!!!!

Seriously, thats the match up I want.  Playoff reffing seems to get better (most of the time) and although I honestly believe a first round match up against any of those 3 teams has the Bruins coming out on top, I ALWAYS want them to beat the Habs.

Yeah, Miller and Lundqvist are very good goalies, but they dont have the same caliber team as the Bruins.  Just a fact.  Come playoff time, Bruins have a HUGE advantage over all three.  No worries.

Sections
Shortcuts