Rangers - Caps Game 7 Pick em'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Rangers - Caps Game 7 Pick em'

More than likely a low scoring one, I want to say the Caps prevail but I think Game 5 comes back to haunt them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Rangers - Caps Game 7 Pick em'

In Response to Rangers - Caps Game 7 Pick em':
    [QUOTE]More than likely a low scoring one, I want to say the Caps prevail but I think Game 5 comes back to haunt them.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Agreed, kel.  They had both hands on that one.  To lose as they did must have been a gut-buster so I give them props for taking Game 6.  I don't see tonight straying from the largely chip 'n chase we've seen from these teams so far.  More of the cautious, tight checking display with NYR winning.  Holtby's been impressive but I find it tough to go against Lundqvist in a one game showdown.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Rangers. 3-1.
    I know lots of you like them more, but hopefully good riddance to the Caps and their coach, the cheapest of cheap shot artists of all time...for those that have never seen it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xte-Vtxg-m8
    Hated him then and I hate him now. I hope Hunter has no more success, ever.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In a battle of the most disliked head coaches, Team Whiner vs Team Cheapshot, in a 1 game showdown with all personal feelings aside,i will take the Caps.They seem to have that mojo, which i don't think will let them win the Cup but it will get them close.It is a boring mojo,i might add.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Rangers 3-2 in OT - Kreider w/ the winner.

Kings over Rangers for the Cup.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Unfortunately someone has to win. Would like the Rangers to move on, however the Caps are playing a "very good playoff" system type game. Hunter has his guys doing things no one ever thought they would do. Limiting ice time to OV has proven to be beneficial, so far.
    The Rangers should come out of the gate hard and IF the Caps hold them off, their comfort level will rise and get "some" chances.
    Torts will get frustrated and it will turn into a Philly - NJ game where the Rangers lose their cool and start taking Dumb penalties.

Cap 3 Rangers 2

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Caps 2-1, with Ward redeeming himself by assisting on the GWG.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

My question is why 2 days off till Game 7??

They should have played the next night after Game 6. This series has taken almost 2 weeks to conclude. Now we have Game 1 WCF at 1pm Sunday? When will Game 1 of ECF start? I remember the days when games were played every other night. Sad Bettman and Co have to come to this

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Rangers - Caps Game 7 Pick em':
    [QUOTE]My question is why 2 days off till Game 7?? They should have played the next night after Game 6. This series has taken almost 2 weeks to conclude. Now we have Game 1 WCF at 1pm Sunday? When will Game 1 of ECF start? I remember the days when games were played every other night. Sad Bettman and Co have to come to this
    Posted by LordByron77[/QUOTE]

When you're dealing with MSG, it's almost always venue availability which affects the schedule.  I recall the '94 Final series, with the extra day between Gms 6 & 7, which I think really benefitted the Rangers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]My question is why 2 days off till Game 7?? They should have played the next night after Game 6. This series has taken almost 2 weeks to conclude. Now we have Game 1 WCF at 1pm Sunday? When will Game 1 of ECF start? I remember the days when games were played every other night. Sad Bettman and Co have to come to this
    Posted by LordByron77[/QUOTE]
    I think it starts on Monday.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rangers - Caps Game 7 Pick em' : I think it starts on Monday.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Depends who wins. If NYR wins, it can't go until Tuesday because of a New York Liberty game in MSG on Monday.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rangers - Caps Game 7 Pick em' : Depends who wins. If NYR wins, it can't go until Tuesday because of a New York Liberty game in MSG on Monday.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    I guess it'll start Monday then.(;

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Ugh, awful choice.  Very happy the Caps are gone, though. Tired of the Holtby myth, burying Ovechkin on the bench, Ward scoring his annual playoff goal, dirtbag Hunter and the horrifying boring throttling defensive hockey.

Go away Caps. Next, go away Rangers.

That series sure looked like Caps/B's though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Ugh, awful choice.  Very happy the Caps are gone, though. Tired of the Holtby myth, burying Ovechkin on the bench, Ward scoring his annual playoff goal, dirtbag Hunter and the horrifying boring throttling defensive hockey. Go away Caps. Next, go away Rangers. That series sure looked like Caps/B's though.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]
    You summed it all up nicely for me,well put.Go Devils, then whoever comes out of the west.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Like your second reason ipot, but let's just think a bit as to what the Bruins can learn from all of these series. 1] the Caps played a Bruins semi-style, and Claude had no idea how to counter; 2] The Rangers emphasized a shortened bench, 3 lines and 5 defensemen plus Lundquist; Claude rolls 4 lines always, or mainly always. This highlights the need for coaching flexibility. Hunter did it by restraining Ovie for offense only, but also found that Semin faded in the heat of battle. So why would the Bruins want to sign Semin ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Like your second reason ipot, but let's just think a bit as to what the Bruins can learn from all of these series. 1] the Caps played a Bruins semi-style, and Claude had no idea how to counter; 2] The Rangers emphasized a shortened bench, 3 lines and 5 defensemen plus Lundquist; Claude rolls 4 lines always, or mainly always. This highlights the need for coaching flexibility. Hunter did it by restraining Ovie for offense only, but also found that Semin faded in the heat of battle. So why would the Bruins want to sign Semin ?
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Really bogie ? This might change your mind on your false statemnents.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20123BOSSASALL&sort=avgTOIPerGame&viewName=summary

Sections
Shortcuts