Rangers Rip Off

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Rangers Rip Off

Is it me or is this Nash deal lop sided as all get out. Not that I would want Nash here at that price tag. But I thought they were asking from the Bruins Lucic, Seguin and Hamilton. This swap is no where near what was being asked of the Bruins...Never mind that question. 

Do you think there is a reason that teams made it hard to trade with the Bruins to keep them from getting stronger...Just pondering how there could be such a discrepency in the demands.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Re: Rangers Rip Off

we're not talking about the habs, Islanders & Oilers of the 70s & 80s here....

teams will deal with the B'S if they think it's the best deal for them....

this B'S "juggernaut" just got knocked out in the first round....  by a third-string goalie to boot....

can't believe every trade rumour you hear....  that said, i agree the Rangers pulled off a heist....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In terms of what we expected Howson to want, it was a rip off.

In terms of what Nash actually is, and what Howson should have said he wanted for him, it's a fairly even deal.

I think most people view this as a ripoff because of the ridiculous asking price Howson was requesting for him. Though I still give the Rangers the slight edge, it's not as lopsided as some think.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

They got a first rounder out of it and a promising young D-man, while unloading a crappy contract.  The forwards are just depth moves ... 

Compared to when the B's traded Jumbo Joe for scraps,  Howson could have done much worse.  Add to that, the B's had considerably more leverage at the time since Joe was not asking to be traded.      

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Rangers Rip Off:
    we're not talking about the habs, Islanders & Oilers of the 70s & 80s here.... teams will deal with the B'S if they think it's the best deal for them.... this B'S "juggernaut" just got knocked out in the first round....  by a third-string goalie to boot.... can't believe every trade rumour you hear....  that said, i agree the Rangers pulled off a heist....
    Posted by days-of-Orr

Which team actually improved the most with the deal? I say it's Columbus. They will get more points than they did last year with Nash's replacements in the lineup instead. Are the Rangers going to be vastly improved over the team that had 109 points last year? I think not. I also won't be shocked if Dubinsky finishes the year with more points than Nash. I can't wait for the season to start so we can find out if I'm crazy or not.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: Rangers Rip Off : Which team actually improved the most with the deal? I say it's Columbus. They will get more points than they did last year with Nash's replacements in the lineup instead. Are the Rangers going to be vastly improved over the team that had 109 points last year? I think not. I also won't be shocked if Dubinsky finishes the year with more points than Nash. I can't wait for the season to start so we can find out if I'm crazy or not.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Funny, I was thinking the same thing last night. I don't think Nash's numbers will drastically improve like most people think given the Rangers style of play. Richard's numbers decreased after leaving Dallas and joining the Rangers, I wouldn't be surprised if Nash's stay about the same and he ends up with 25-30 goals and 60-ish points.

I suspect Dubinsky will improve now that he's out of the NYR system.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I read Howson was asking for Lucic and either Seguin or Hamilton. how true it was we'll never know.

I do think Columbus has a better team right now than they were did when the final horn sounded last year. Will Dubinsky outscore Nash? I don't think so, Nash will have better players around him, though Dubisnky will get quality time and power play time.

What Howson should have done is deal Nash for picks and prospects, but couldn't because by the time those players get developed he'd be out of a job and the franchise may be on the way to Quebec or somewhere else. What hurt him here was the limited teams he could deal with and the contract Nash carries with him. Considering those factors and Howson probably got as much as he could.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Dez and Bisson, I agree. I actually made a bet with the brother-in-law that Kane will have more points than Nash this year. If Kane has more points by the timethe Bruins play the Nucks, he eats the cost for the tickets. If Nash is ahead, I cover it. (We already have the tickets and we've paid for our own - this would just be reimbursing the other ticket).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Dez and Bisson, I agree. I actually made a bet with the brother-in-law that Kane will have more points than Nash this year. If Kane has more points by the timethe Bruins play the Nucks, he eats the cost for the tickets. If Nash is ahead, I cover it. (We already have the tickets and we've paid for our own - this would just be reimbursing the other ticket).
    Posted by red75

Good luck Red. I like your chances.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In Response to Re: Rangers Rip Off : Which team actually improved the most with the deal? I say it's Columbus. They will get more points than they did last year with Nash's replacements in the lineup instead. Are the Rangers going to be vastly improved over the team that had 109 points last year? I think not. I also won't be shocked if Dubinsky finishes the year with more points than Nash. I can't wait for the season to start so we can find out if I'm crazy or not.
    Posted by dezaruchi

dez, if Dubinsky has more points than Nash this year, unlike you, i'll be shocked, because he's never done it before and now has to play with the kind of talent Nash had to settle for....  won't be surprised if Rangers don't match 109 points and Columbus improves, which isn't hard to do after having finished 29th, although i already have them as odds-on-favorite for winning next June's draft lottery.... 

difference is Rangers will be in playoffs and have another gifted goalscorer who might be able to pot a timely goal here and there....

dez, you might be wrong on how you view this trade panning out but let me put your mind at ease....  i don't think it's because your crazy....  cheers!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Rangers Rip Off : dez, if Dubinsky has more points than Nash this year, unlike you, i'll be shocked, because he's never done it before and now has to play with the kind of talent Nash had to settle for....  won't be surprised if Rangers don't match 109 points and Columbus improves, which isn't hard to do after having finished 29th, although i already have them as odds-on-favorite for winning next June's draft lottery....  difference is Rangers will be in playoffs and have another gifted goalscorer who might be able to pot a timely goal here and there.... dez, you might be wrong on how you view this trade panning out but let me put your mind at ease....  i don't think it's because your crazy....  cheers!!!!
    Posted by days-of-Orr

Dubinsky will add about 5 shifts per game to his ice time. Nash had 59 points last year while Dubinsky has a career high of 54. It's not exactly a given that Nash outscores him given the new circumstances. Cheers!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Rangers Rip Off : dez, if Dubinsky has more points than Nash this year, unlike you, i'll be shocked, because he's never done it before and now has to play with the kind of talent Nash had to settle for....  won't be surprised if Rangers don't match 109 points and Columbus improves, which isn't hard to do after having finished 29th, although i already have them as odds-on-favorite for winning next June's draft lottery....  difference is Rangers will be in playoffs and have another gifted goalscorer who might be able to pot a timely goal here and there.... dez, you might be wrong on how you view this trade panning out but let me put your mind at ease....  i don't think it's because your crazy....  cheers!!!!
    Posted by days-of-Orr

thats what I think, not how many goals he has but the timing of them. 35-40 goals with 7 or 8 game winners, and add in a few shootout winners as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Rangers Rip Off : Dubinsky will add about 5 shifts per game to his ice time. Nash had 59 points last year while Dubinsky has a career high of 54. It's not exactly a given that Nash outscores him given the new circumstances. Cheers!
    Posted by dezaruchi

And Nash will add xx amount of shifts playing alongside some of the Rangers high end talent. That has to add a few points extra for the year in my mind. 

Definitely something to keep an eye on this year considering all the banter about him and how he'll do with a new team the last few months.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In Response to Re: Rangers Rip Off : Dubinsky will add about 5 shifts per game to his ice time. Nash had 59 points last year while Dubinsky has a career high of 54. It's not exactly a given that Nash outscores him given the new circumstances. Cheers!
    Posted by dezaruchi

i'll take my chances and still choose Nash ahead of Dubinsky in my hockey pools....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I do think Columbus has a better team right now than they were did when the final horn sounded last year. What Howson should have done is deal Nash for picks and prospects, but couldn't because by the time those players get developed he'd be out of a job Considering those factors Posted by kelvana33

Yep if Johnson can anchor the blueline with helping to keep shots down and Wiz can keep the PP in good shape along with the depth now at forwards they are a bit better. Not out of the cellar and still in the lottery but deeper with some younger, better grinders.

Howson kept a job he should not have right now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Howson got jocked by Suter, then broadsided by the Weber deal, yup, why he has a job is a mystery.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Rangers Rip Off : i'll take my chances and still choose Nash ahead of Dubinsky in my hockey pools....
    Posted by days-of-Orr

Don't be surprised if the pool winner ends up being the guy who takes a late round flyer on Dubinsky.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In Response to Re: Rangers Rip Off : Don't be surprised if the pool winner ends up being the guy who takes a late round flyer on Dubinsky.
    Posted by dezaruchi

thanx dez, i'll keep him in mind as a sleeper....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Rangers Rip Off : Don't be surprised if the pool winner ends up being the guy who takes a late round flyer on Dubinsky.
    Posted by dezaruchi

So your saying come draft day I should kick the tires?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Rangers Rip Off : thanx dez, i'll keep him in mind as a sleeper....
    Posted by days-of-Orr

Last year was an abberation for Dubinsky so he might be a solid late pick.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Rangers Rip Off : Last year was an abberation for Dubinsky so he might be a solid late pick.
    Posted by dezaruchi

The thing missing from your prognostication is quality of linemates and team (overall). Dubinsky is also now CBJ's first line center (almost by default) and will be facing the opposing team's top 2 D men night in, night out. Plus, he will be spending much more time in his own end fishing the puck out of the net. Much different landscape than in NY. I think he will initially struggle with his new team and will look for around 40 points from him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Rangers Rip Off : The thing missing from your prognostication is quality of linemates and team (overall). Dubinsky is also now CBJ's first line center (almost by default) and will be facing the opposing team's top 2 D men night in, night out. Plus, he will be spending much more time in his own end fishing the puck out of the net. Much different landscape than in NY. I think he will initially struggle with his new team and will look for around 40 points from him.
    Posted by jmwalters

I saw Mike Johnson during a pre-game show commenting how there are always guys that put up points on bad teams. Someone has to do some scoring and the guy who sees the most ice at forward is a good place to start. Prospal had 55 points last year. Umberger had 57 the year before that. Huselius and Vermette both managed to top 60 points in Columbus in 2010. That same year, Umberger and Voracek both topped 50. Only 2 of the 4 guys could've played with Nash, who finished that year with 67 points. Dubinsky will likely get to play with Umberger and Prospal. He will end up closer to 60 points than he will to 40.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Rangers Rip Off : I saw Mike Johnson during a pre-game show commenting how there are always guys that put up points on bad teams. Someone has to do some scoring and the guy who sees the most ice at forward is a good place to start. Prospal had 55 points last year. Umberger had 57 the year before that. Huselius and Vermette both managed to top 60 points in Columbus in 2010. That same year, Umberger and Voracek both topped 50. Only 2 of the 4 guys could've played with Nash, who finished that year with 67 points. Dubinsky will likely get to play with Umberger and Prospal. He will end up closer to 60 points than he will to 40.
    Posted by dezaruchi

This is very true. I remember the same argument was used for Bouwmeester when he was with Florida. Someone has to score on bad teams. Translated into an excellent contract for him in Calgary.

Maybe Dubinsky will do the same, time will tell.

Sections
Shortcuts