Rangers Rip Off

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Rangers Rip Off

In Response to Re: Rangers Rip Off:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rangers Rip Off : This is very true. I remember the same argument was used for Bouwmeester when he was with Florida. Someone has to score on bad teams. Translated into an excellent contract for him in Calgary. Maybe Dubinsky will do the same, time will tell.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    You and I have plenty of players we disagree on for next season. I can't wait for it. Should be fun. Cheers!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rangers Rip Off : You and I have plenty of players we disagree on for next season. I can't wait for it. Should be fun. Cheers!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

LOL! That is correct.

What is your view on Nash? From my perspective if he does not crack 40 goals and at least 65ish points then there will be plenty of second-guessing in NY. Remember Jokinen and his salad days in Florida? Maybe Nash himself falls into the category of "someone has to score on bad teams?" That said, he can dominate games at times.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rangers Rip Off : LOL! That is correct. What is your view on Nash? From my perspective if he does not crack 40 goals and at least 65ish points then there will be plenty of second-guessing in NY. Remember Jokinen and his salad days in Florida? Maybe Nash himself falls into the category of "someone has to score on bad teams?" That said, he can dominate games at times.
    He'll be under some of the same pressure that Pujols felt after leaving the Cardinals. As nice as it is to be one of the highest paid guys, it eliminates the cushion of being able to have an off year. You're absolutely right. There will be some 2nd guessing if he doesn't crack 40 goals and 65 points and there should be. His salary says he should crack 50 goals and 80 points and the excuse of nobody to play with is out the window now. Time for Nash to put up or shut up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rangers Rip Off : He'll be under some of the same pressure that Pujols felt after leaving the Cardinals. As nice as it is to be one of the highest paid guys, it eliminates the cushion of being able to have an off year. You're absolutely right. There will be some 2nd guessing if he doesn't crack 40 goals and 65 points and there should be. His salary says he should crack 50 goals and 80 points and the excuse of nobody to play with is out the window now. Time for Nash to put up or shut up.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

And if he does get 50 I will never utter a disparaging toward him again...maybe. Of course, he can score 100 in the regular season but if he does not put up a good showing in the playoffs (i.e pulls a Kent Nilsson) then that is another matter entirely. That is where he is really an unknown commodity. First time for everything I guess. Who knows, maybe he will carry the whole team on his shoulders. Unlikely but possible.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rangers Rip Off : And if he does get 50 I will never utter a disparaging toward him again...maybe. Of course, he can score 100 in the regular season but if he does not put up a good showing in the playoffs (i.e pulls a Kent Nilsson) then that is another matter entirely. That is where he is really an unknown commodity. First time for everything I guess. Who knows, maybe he will carry the whole team on his shoulders. Unlikely but possible.
    I won't totally discount the idea. That's for sure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I agree with the majority of the posts. I think here in columbus, the BJ's got as good as they could get with this trade. I mean ya, Howson was asking for the moon, because he thought it may happen, but in the end I think it was a good trade for both teams. Id definitely take the players the BJ's got for Nash. It will help the team out more than having Nash. If this trade happened with Boston based on the caliper players the Rangers gave up, I would say it was more like Marchand, Peverly and Hamilton and a first. I think these players are about equivalent to what the Rangers gave up, in terms of points and the lines they played on as well as the prospect in Hamilton. Correct me if I am wrong. Yes Hamilton is probably a better shot than Erixson, but Im thinking thats what it would be close too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I think the regular points total could be close and that Nash's numbers won't much improve the 109 points the Rags had, but that is not the point. The end game is CBJ will still be out of the playoffs and that NY will have Nash for the post-season (as previously noted) and hopefully (for them) provide them the extra push they need to make it out of a very tough Eastern Conference. Regular season points comparisons between the two are fairly meaningless.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Howson got jocked by Suter, then broadsided by the Weber deal, yup, why he has a job is a mystery.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

ugh ?
    you mean Poile

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I think the regular points total could be close and that Nash's numbers won't much improve the 109 points the Rags had, but that is not the point. The end game is CBJ will still be out of the playoffs and that NY will have Nash for the post-season (as previously noted) and hopefully (for them) provide them the extra push they need to make it out of a very tough Eastern Conference. Regular season points comparisons between the two are fairly meaningless.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]
    I think the end game is to ice a better team than the year before. I'm not sure adding Nash for 3 players improved the NYR. I do however, feel the Jackets improved overall by swapping Nash for 3 pieces of the puzzle.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I'll have to disagree with you there Dez
    They had to give up Dubinsky but he didn't score a goal in the playoffs and Nash could/should be that big presence up front that may prove to be the offensive difference in the playoffs that was lacking last year (maybe not...who knows?). Anisimov is young and has talent, but I'm not sure he's irreplaceable in that lineup, especially with the ascent of Kreider to a top 9 role. Erixon is the long range piece here but he won't pay immediate dividends for Columbus.

I think in the long term this is a good deal for CLB but they still don't make the playoffs this year and NYR has what they obviously view as the missing piece.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I'll have to disagree with you there Dez They had to give up Dubinsky but he didn't score a goal in the playoffs and Nash could/should be that big presence up front that may prove to be the offensive difference in the playoffs that was lacking last year (maybe not...who knows?). Anisimov is young and has talent, but I'm not sure he's irreplaceable in that lineup, especially with the ascent of Kreider to a top 9 role. Erixon is the long range piece here but he won't pay immediate dividends for Columbus. I think in the long term this is a good deal for CLB but they still don't make the playoffs this year and NYR has what they obviously view as the missing piece.
    That's fair. Anisimov (10 points)tied Callahan in playoff points though (1 behind Gaborik). Dubinsky was hurt and Erixson is likely to make the Jackets this year. I just don't see this as being that lopsided for Columbus. They traded a guy that didn't want to be there for 3 very useful lineup pieces. They will be improved. Maybe Nash helps NYR get to the finals but anything less would seem like a failure wouldn't it? There's little use trading for a contract like that unless it gets you over the hump. I don't think it will. We will see though. Cheers!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Good points Dez and SEObrien. My feeling was that with trading for Nash the Rangers are acknowledging that they were lacking in the goalscoring department which they obviously feel was the reason for their relative lack in playoff success. So they sacrifice some D (in the form of checkers and D prospects) for more firepower up front. SeoBrien is right, they may not surpass 109 points in the regular season but now look to have a longer playoff run. I think it was a gamble worth taking from their perspective.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Well, it certainly doesn't seem as lopsided the farther away from it we get. Columbus did what they had to do and hopefully they will win the deal in the long run.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Well, it certainly doesn't seem as lopsided the farther away from it we get. Columbus did what they had to do and hopefully they will win the deal in the long run.

Time will definitely tell on this one. If Erixon and the deaft pick are busts (possible), Dubinsky and Anisimov's total production do not match Nash's, and the Rangers go deep in the playoffs with Nash then Howson will have been the victim  of a robbery.

But, should Nash's production level off to the average of his CBJ years and the Rangers still be playoff disappointments, while the Jackets fight for a playoff spot in the near future, then you may be correct.

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Just a few quick thoughts...

Rick Nash makes me sick, ala Joe Thornton.

NYRangers are dirtbags, like the Philly Flyers.

NYR and RN - perfect match. I have a feeling RN isn't going to doing much of anything in NY.

Nash and Tort, I feel a storm coming.

Something like Joltin' Joe and Keenan a few years back, but Joe was too young to fight back and moved his butt instead. Or Le Cavalier and Tort later. Tort lost because Vinny was making lots of dough, but his career headed downward from there. Nash is much older, and making lots of dough, he'll fight back and float.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Just a few quick thoughts... Rick Nash makes me sick, ala Joe Thornton. NYRangers are dirtbags, like the Philly Flyers. NYR and RN - perfect match. I have a feeling RN isn't going to doing much of anything in NY. Nash and Tort, I feel a storm coming. Something like Joltin' Joe and Keenan a few years back, but Joe was too young to fight back and moved his butt instead. Or Le Cavalier and Tort later. Tort lost because Vinny was making lots of dough, but his career headed downward from there. Nash is much older, and making lots of dough, he'll fight back and float.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

From day 1 you were against Nash from coming here. From day 1 I was all for it. We respectfully (always with you) disagreed. 

You are 100% dead on with the Torts comment. I asked in the original trade thread about what Torts thinks of this deal. I love Rick Nashs' game, but I give it intil November before Torts calls him out in the media. 

I'd go as far as saying if Torts had his pick between Dubinsky and Nash he'd take Dubinsky.  

17. This post has been removed.