RANGERS-SENATORS Series THREAD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

RANGERS-SENATORS Series THREAD

...couldn't find a thread, but don't look now but Ottawa(Turris) just scored on King Henrik in OT to tie the series 2-2.

This one ain't over folks.

Year of the upsets? Reminds me of how the Habs won a couple of Cups SO many years ago.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: RANGERS-SENATORS Series THREAD

Good for the Sens. Did Spezza ever return to the game? Big loss if he is gone too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

No Alfredsson, no Spezza, Sens still win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Spezza came back for the next period after getting hurt(a 'stinger' as it was described) Nasty hit, but without malice I believe.

Spezza has much improved over the last couple of years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yep, he finally learned to backcheck and is a much better player for it. Glad he came back. Now Ottawa has a real chance in the series. NYR still having problems scoring, no surprise there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

this is good. hope this and all other series go 7 games.  oh,except for one,of course.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Great series so far, and it helps the Bruins if Ottawa wins - imagine a route to the finals that could go Wash, Ott, Fla.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to RANGERS-SENATORS Series THREAD:[QUOTE]...couldn't find a thread, but don't look now but Ottawa(Turris) just scored on King Henrik in OT to tie the series 2-2.   This one ain't over folks. Year of the upsets? Reminds me of how the Habs won a couple of Cups SO many years ago. Posted by Davinator[/QUOTE]

1993 Dave still haunts me "mayday, mayday", Islanders take out Pittsburgh in one of the best 7 game series I've ever seen and LA beat everyone they weren't supposed to beat in every round except when Marty needed his sharp shooter blade for all those goals he was supposed to score.

Yep the over hyped Rags have themselves some pressure because the Senators know they get one more game on their ice no matter what. Gonchar was dare I say awesome at both ends last night and frankly every game but game one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In Response to Re: RANGERS-SENATORS Series THREAD:
    [QUOTE]In Response to RANGERS-SENATORS Series THREAD : 1993 Dave still haunts me "mayday, mayday", Islanders take out Pittsburgh in one of the best 7 game series I've ever seen and LA beat everyone they weren't supposed to beat in every round except when Marty needed his sharp shooter blade for all those goals he was supposed to score. Yep the over hyped Rags have themselves some pressure because the Senators know they get one more game on their ice no matter what. Gonchar was dare I say awesome at both ends last night and frankly every game but game one.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

SanDog - wasn't 1993 the year the Habs won by winning 10 OT games?
    Amazing to do that though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: RANGERS-SENATORS Series THREAD:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RANGERS-SENATORS Series THREAD : SanDog - wasn't 1993 the year the Habs won by winning 10 OT games? Amazing to do that though.Posted by Davinator[/QUOTE]

yes and it seemed like Mike Keane n John Leclair scored them all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RANGERS-SENATORS Series THREAD : SanDog - wasn't 1993 the year the Habs won by winning 10 OT games? Amazing to do that though.
    Posted by Davinator[/QUOTE]
    really? really? bruins game day, looking to take a strangle hold on the series, montreal in the 3rd tee box waiting to play, and we're talking about dem bums winning the cu ???? i can't bring myself to utter the words! FOCUS! get those utterly forgetable thoughts out of your head, and off these boards. thanks for listening/reading my completely over the top attempt at humor, with a hint of seriousness. GO BRUINS!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RANGERS-SENATORS Series THREAD : really? really? bruins game day, looking to take a strangle hold on the series, montreal in the 3rd tee box waiting to play, and we're talking about dem bums winning the cu ???? i can't bring myself to utter the words! FOCUS! get those utterly forgetable thoughts out of your head, and off these boards. thanks for listening/reading my completely over the top attempt at humor, with a hint of seriousness. GO BRUINS!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Some days, adk, I wonder if they have you on the right meds.  Madman!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RANGERS-SENATORS Series THREAD : Some days, adk, I wonder if they have you on the right meds.  Madman!
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    Avoid the brown acid.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitbomb. Show whitbomb's posts

If it wasn't for King Henrik in game 3 this series would be 3-1 Senators, Ottawa's team speed is given the Rangers problems this series could go either way.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

This is the upset I'm most rooting for (even more than the Kings). Ottawa is a team I just enjoy watching play, it would be nicee to see them advance.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Any chance we see Scott suit up in NY to avenge the beating Boyle took at the hands of Carkner?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Doubt it Dez. Scott simply can't play. Every second he is out there is one more second it is essentially a 5 on 4 for the Sens. Carkner may be a meathead but he can play a regular shift. That's why Maclean was comfortable enough to put him in the lineup over Gilroy. Both are prone to gaffs but at least Carkner has the intimidation factor.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Doubt it Dez. Scott simply can't play. Every second he is out there is one more second it is essentially a 5 on 4 for the Sens. Carkner may be a meathead but he can play a regular shift. That's why Maclean was comfortable enough to put him in the lineup over Gilroy. Both are prone to gaffs but at least Carkner has the intimidation factor.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    No argument there JM. He's 1 of the league's worst players. It's just that they've already got 4 guys skating 7 minutes or less a game right now and somehow it's Ottawa that's winning the battle of intimidation. I could see him possibly dress ahead of Mitchell (4gp-5:01 average TOI) solely as an equalizer in case the Sens try to exact some more revenge for Alfie.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Rangers join the Bruins on the verge of being upset and an early playoff exit.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Rangers join the Bruins on the verge of being upset and an early playoff exit.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    Who woulda thunk,my pools going down the dumper.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

As best as I can tell, Mark Stone made his NHL debut tonight and picked up an assist.  Pretty gutsy move by the Sens to dress the 19 year-old.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Why is it the media is not making such a big stink that Anderson is out-dueling Lundqvist the probable Vezina winner this season ?
    Instead I have keep hearing Holtby this and Holtby that.  Just sick of this false entitlement.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Why is it the media is not making such a big stink that Anderson is out-dueling Lundqvist the probable Vezina winner this season ? Instead I have keep hearing Holtby this and Holtby that.  Just sick of this false entitlement.  
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    Anderson absolutely played lights out tonight, wasn't the only reason they won, but played huge.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Watching this series has a deja vu feeling to it. Boston and NY are very much in the same boat, playing opponents who are playing rope-a-dope.

Can you imagine if Florida were the only top seed to advance? Unreal.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In this game with Rangers pressing the Sens in the last 2mins they could have been called on 3 Pouliot slashes.