Rank this Bruins championship

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

Rank this Bruins championship

Hello all - I can't believe our Bruins pulled it off - my eyes started watering last night when Marchand scored the empty netter and you knew then that it was truly all over  - amazing - I am so proud of this team - when it mattered this team showed heart - in a way that best exemplifies the very best of all New Englanders

I wondered how Bostons fans rank this victory against the other titles won in the last 10 years  - here is my list - interested to see what everyone else thinks:

1. Red Sox 2004 - reverse the curse
    2. Bruins 2011 ( this coming from a guy who named his first cat Neely)
    3. Pats 2002 - still can't believe Vinatieri's kick split the uprights from 48 YDS
    4. Pats 2005 - Established the bonafides of a dynasty
    5. Red Sox 2007 - Awesome comeback against Cleveland-Drew earned his whole contract with that slam in game 6
    6. Celtics 2008 - I confess to being less of a basketball guy - and not a shocking title considering the Celts had the best team that whole year
    7. Pats 2004 - Great team - awesome season after the opening blowout against Buffalo

Let's see what you all think - GO BRUINS!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Re: Rank this Bruins championship

I'm a screwed up sports fan with a very twisted relationship with Boston. I'm a Yankees and Oakland Raiders fan so I have all sorts of reason to hate Beantown. Yet ... my love of the Bruins surpasses every other sporting interest. I don't care if the Yanks never win a championship or the Raiders ... keep being the Raiders of the last decade. Last night ended a lifetime of sports suffering.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 24Reilly. Show 24Reilly's posts

#1 2011 Boston Bruins
    #10 Who gives a crap cause I can die now

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

04 Sox and 02 Pats to me would rank higher. The Sox is obvious, the Pats only because they reached the top a decade after being the worst, most embarassing franchise in the NFL. They were almost dead in New England, on the way out of town, and then a decade later had won their first Super Bowl.

Things did get bad for the Bruins at times, but usually they were a playoff team. The Bruins never reached the moribund depths that the Pats did.

After that, the Bruins championship is a HUGE one, but I think those 2 are bigger.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

I agree with your top 3 qball

1. Red Sox 2004
    2. Bruins 2011
    3. Pats 2002

I will assume most posters grew up around here. Sox are part of life, period. B's had their day(s) in the sun in the 70's-80's, beloved but hapless before and after for the most part. C's are easy to be a fan of, but last on my list, NBA has become a circus. Pats were huge in the early 2000's but now too many bandwagon fans who do not know who Joe Kapp or Jim Plunkett are.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

1.Bruins all though I am a die hard sox and celts fan the bruins have always been my favorite team in any sport. I would have to put the bruins first considering I was crying like a baby when they got the cup.

2. 2004 sox I guess my point of view is my fovorite moment was the comeback and beating the yankees in the ALCS even more than when they swept the cards.

3. 2008 Celtics Beating lakers and it was the first celtic title I can remember I was alive in 84 and 86 but to young to remeber it.

4. 2007 Red Sox

I am not a patriots fan so the pats titles didnt mean much to me besides being happy for friends as most of them are pats fans and were before they were ever good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

The way they did it, down 2-0  to montreal, down 1-0 to tampa and down 2-0 the the canucks, this has to rank as the top championship of all time. Just think, if we don't get by montreal, the habs could be the ones celebrating.

Last time was Bobby Orr, this time we were led by Tim Thomas!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Hockey is all I care about for Boston/New England professional sports.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Rank this Bruins championship:
    #1 Hockey is all I care about for Boston/New England professional sports.
    Posted by BadHabitude

There is no comparison to any other team in any other sport. This is by far the greatest feeling about a championship that i have ever felt.Maybe because i never knew if it would happen again in my lifetime.But it's happened and there is NO better feeling as a fan of a team that you truly love to watch and support.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billy-Chapel. Show Billy-Chapel's posts

there are other teams in this town? i honestly forgot about that the past 6 weeks

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Winning all 3 OT games vs the habs, sweeping the flyers, beating the Lightning in the best played hockey game i have ever seen in game 7, and beating the arrogant, over confident, pompous, diving fraudsters called the Vancouver Canucks in game 7 in the nucks own building and a shutout to boot.Simply amazing.What a ride !!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

1. 2011 Boston Bruins

2. 1984, 1988, 1990 Blue Bombers

None of the other teams I cheer for have won a championship during my lifetime.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

1. 2011 Boston Bruins 2. 1984, 1988, 1990 Blue Bombers None of the other teams I cheer for have won a championship during my lifetime.
    Posted by red75

Hilarious, i'm a big Bomber fan as well.Stegall rocks !!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm also a Vikings fan, an Expos fan, Vancouver Grizzlies/Toronto Raptors fan, and a Winnipeg Jets fan.

So yeah... this is my championship.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

Edmonton
    Eskimos!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

1970, 1972 and 2011

2011 is the freshest but they were all equal

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

I'm 53 so I remember 70 and 72. And the dissapointments and heartaches of 69,71(Ugh)73,74,79,80,82,84,90,91,09,10. This was big. All of the Boston sports teams are my favorites. I live in Philly now so the Eagles are a close second to the Pats but that's it. 1. Red Sox 2004. 2.Bruins 1970. 3.Pats 2001. 4. Celtics 1984(They should have been swept by the Lakers,maybe my favorite Celtics team.)5. Bruins 1972 (They had to win it that year after choking to the Habs in 71)6. Bruins 2011. 7.Red Sox 2007. 8.Celtics 2008. 9. Pats 2003. 10. Celtics 1986(This could be higher but they were the favorite all year.) 7,8 and 9 could have gone either way. Very tough. There were other great one like the Celtics in 74. I have a question. I believe that of the 4 greatest teams of each of the  Boston teams, the greatest teams of the Bruins, Red Sox and Pats did not win titles. Only the Celtics greatest teams won titles(86 and 64) Bruins without a doubt 1971 was their greatest team. 2007 Pats-What an offensive power and a darn good defense too.1978 Red Sox-I know we won it all in 2004 and 07 but I still believe this was their best team. They had very good pitching and great hitting, and a good bullpen. What do you think? The best teams don't always win. Just ask the Canucks. Congrats Bruins and all you die hards.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In time this will probably rank higher because of the way they won this. First looking terrible against the Habs the first two games in Boston. Somehow beating these guys in 7 games,3 OT's. Then they sweep the Flyers which was a surprise. (Quite satisfying after last year). Then 7 tough games with the Lightning and then the Canucks. I mean who thought they were a cup contender after the first two games against the Habs? I thought here we go dissapointment again. My inner positive self did say, now watch them wake up and maybe go to the finals. Certainly after the Capitals were elimanted as usual. They did it the hard way. Who was playing "Nutty" and "Paree" last night? How about "Toad" by Cream? That was the theme for Bruins highlights. I'm not a very emotional person but when they scored the 4th goal then showed Orr's turn around goal against the Rangers in 72, I did almost mist up a bit. This team was maybe the most special of all the Bruins teams because of the way they did it. 70 and 72 were relatively easy.This was almost if not just as tense as games 4 5 and 6 of the 2004 ALCS. Thank you Bruins!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

I think this was the best of the recent Boston championships.  The Bruins had a reputation of underachieving in the playoffs, and just last year had a gut-punch performance.  I admit I was never all-in on this team...too painful over the years. 

However, they had their ups and downs, but never quit.  They paid back their biggest rival for years of frustrations, they smacked Philly after last year, they ground it out against a talented Tampa team, and they killed Goliath after exposing him as yapping shrimp, and their best player swept up all the hardware.  What else could you want as a fan?

I've had a love/hate relationship with the Sox,  As someone mentioned above, the ALCS in 2004 was the thrill...the WS was anticlimactic.

I've always been a hardcore Celts and Pats fan, and have had high expectations for them despite down years.  I've seen the good teams they've had in the 70's and 80's, and the rebuilding and improvements toward the championships was noticable.  Though there were critics in the media, I don't think either franchise had to withstand the constant  sharpshooting of the owner, GMs, coaches and players that the Bruins have endured. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

I just can't get the smile off my face. This is so sweet and we waited so long.

thank you B's

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

04 Sox and 02 Pats to me would rank higher. The Sox is obvious, the Pats only because they reached the top a decade after being the worst, most embarassing franchise in the NFL. They were almost dead in New England, on the way out of town, and then a decade later had won their first Super Bowl. Things did get bad for the Bruins at times, but usually they were a playoff team. The Bruins never reached the moribund depths that the Pats did. After that, the Bruins championship is a HUGE one, but I think those 2 are bigger.
    Posted by Kennedy97

All very good points and I agree with you.  Nothing bigger than the Red Sox winning after all of those years. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I enjoyed all of the victories of Boston teams, the 2004 Red Sox win was very gratifying.  Yet, there is no question I am a hockey fan first, so the 2011 Bruins Cup victory will remain #1!  I always thought I would die first! ha.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Im an odd ball Boston fan.  I hate baseball and love football so I didnt loose my mind when the redsox one in 2004.  To me its Pats over Rams #1 and bruins #1a.  Very close...  I know its just a game but both moments changed my life.

Sections
Shortcuts