Ranking the Individual performances so Far

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

Ranking the Individual performances so Far

i thought it might be interesting to put out my list of individual performances so far this post season....ranking each player from 1-20( best to worst)...

1. Bergeron
    2. Marchand
    3.Seidenberg
    4. Peverly
    5. Chara
    6. Ference
    7. Thomas
    8. Recchi
    9. Horton
    10. Campbell
    11. Kelly
    12. Kaberle
    13. Mcquiad
    14. Boychuck
    15. Ryder
    16.Krejci
    17. Lucic
    18. Paille
    19.Thornton

agree?...disagree?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Ranking the Individual performances so Far

How is Kelly 11 and behind Horton especially who I didnt even think was playing last night.  I will give my top 5.
    1-2 TT
    3 Bergie
    4 Kelly
    5 Ference

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

and what the heck gets Campy(who I like) in the top 10.  And Kaberle with his no hits and taken 1 hit stat needs to be under Thorton.  How a dman in 4 games has no hits playing for a team like the Bruins is beyond me.  He should run himself for that stat.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

EDIT: On further inspection it appears I merely added Marchand to your list Shupe.  I clearly agree with your assessment.

I like the idea of a top 5 Shupe.  The order of those five is loose, although Bergie and Marchand are definitely the top two IMO. 

Bergeron
    Marchand
    Thomas
    Kelly
    Ference

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

In Response to Ranking the Individual performances so Far:
    [QUOTE]i thought it might be interesting to put out my list of individual performances so far this post season....ranking each player from 1-20( best to worst)... 1. Bergeron 2. Marchand 3.Seidenberg 4. Peverly 5. Chara 6. Ference 7. Thomas 8. Recchi 9. Horton 10. Campbell 11. Kelly 12. Kaberle 13. Mcquiad 14. Boychuck 15. Ryder 16.Krejci 17. Lucic 18. Paille 19.Thornton agree?...disagree?
    Posted by darrenryan[/QUOTE]

Absolutely disagree with Seidenberg in the top 3.  IMO he's played an atrocious series so far with bad turnovers, getting himself out of position, and lots of puck watching.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

shup you are a fool if you think thomas has played well in this series. Granted, he has been amazing for stretches, but he doesn't belong in the top 5, id say between 6-8. I like most of the original list. I agree with Krejci being very low, and i think lucic perhaps should be the very bottom. Thornton caused the habs second goal last night, i would have him around 15. Kelly should be WAY higher, between 4-7.

now, the big roblem is what mb30 said. Seidenberg has been AWFUL. absolutely terrible. he should be close to lucic, if not below him

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

oh and you could put ference in the top 3, hes been the best d man so far

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from s2e42o. Show s2e42o's posts

Ya Seidenberg has been pretty bad, The Krejci line really needs to get going if we want to win this series.  At least a little bit, their compete level is way down!  The Bergy line has been good, and the third line was pretty impressive last night.  Have to admit as well, that was a pretty nice breakout pass by Kaberle on Ryder's first goal.  I'd love to see more of that from him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

In Response to Re: Ranking the Individual performances so Far:
    [QUOTE]oh and you could put ference in the top 3, hes been the best d man so far
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

Agreed, he's been a rock back there and one of the few defenseman on our team that has the foot speed to keep up with the habs forwards.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I agree with 1, 2 & 19 on the original list.  Everything is difficult to land because so many of these guys have played inconsistently shift-to-shift, period-to-period and game-to-game. 

My top 5:
    Bergeron
    Marchand
    Chara
    Kelly
    Ference

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with 1, 2 & 19 on the original list.  Everything is difficult to land because so many of these guys have played inconsistently shift-to-shift, period-to-period and game-to-game.  My top 5: Bergeron Marchand Chara Kelly Ference
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

when ference is outplaying chara, his effort level is greater than that of charas because he is certainly not more talented

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ranking the Individual performances so Far : when ference is outplaying chara, his effort level is greater than that of charas because he is certainly not more talented

I didn't rank Ference ahead of Chara, so I disagree that Ference is outplaying him.

B's are 2-1 in this series when Chara plays.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ranking the Individual performances so Far : when ference is outplaying chara, his effort level is greater than that of charas because he is certainly not more talented

Or Chara is dealing with an illness.  Or Chara doesn't match up quite as well against these mighty mite speedsters.  I just cannot believe that anyone would question the effort or character of Chara or Lucic.  These two guys earned my respect long ago, it will be tough for them to lose it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

don't know what game your watching.
    i'm not questioning the effort of chara or lucic, i'm just saying ference has played above and beyond

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]don't know what game your watching. i'm not questioning the effort of chara or lucic, i'm just saying ference has played above and beyond

I have read your criticism of others thoughts/opinions, where's your list?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

wheres yours? all you did was a top 5. i stated that for most part i agreed with his list with a few exceptions, and i gave them. read things thouroughly please

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No TT and we would already be gone.  one game doesnt make a series.  and TT deserves the top spot b/c of last night.  When the entire team quit on him for two periods. 
    I stand by my list. 

I will chalenge the character of Chara as well.  Great regular season player.  Typical euro in the playoffs.  cherry was bang on when he said he should play more like Pronger and that absolutely no one is scared of him.   When the times get tough your leader needs to be the one going through walls to make it happen.  Chara has been avg at best in this series and is getting outplayed by Gill.  Chara is paid to be a top performer and captain.  He hasnt done it.  Name one Chara moment in this series?  I can name a lot by the captain on the other team. Unless he takes this team over the hump he will never be a great leader in my eyes. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

Seidenberg has had some bad moments but i have seen a number of great shifts from him that makes me feel he has been the best dman we have right now....could make the point that Ference has been better for sure.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]wheres yours? all you did was a top 5. i stated that for most part i agreed with his list with a few exceptions, and i gave them. read things thouroughly please

Original list has Chara @ #5, glad to see that you agree with him in the top-5.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

do you have trouble reading? i have no problem with chara at 5

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]do you have trouble reading? i have no problem with chara at 5

he is complementing you.  get over yourself

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

lol no he is not

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

he is saying that you still have chara in the top 5.  so essentially he is buying what you are selling.  unless there is a hidden war of meanings between the two of you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]No TT and we would already be gone.  one game doesnt make a series.  and TT deserves the top spot b/c of last night.  When the entire team quit on him for two periods.  I stand by my list.  I will chalenge the character of Chara as well.  Great regular season player.  Typical euro in the playoffs.  cherry was bang on when he said he should play more like Pronger and that absolutely no one is scared of him.   When the times get tough your leader needs to be the one going through walls to make it happen.  Chara has been avg at best in this series and is getting outplayed by Gill.  Chara is paid to be a top performer and captain.  He hasnt done it.  Name one Chara moment in this series?  I can name a lot by the captain on the other team. Unless he takes this team over the hump he will never be a great leader in my eyes.    
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

You need to let go of the whole "I'd rather have Gill than Chara" line.  Despite Chara's illness, they have very similar stat lines: (Chara/Gill)  1pt/0pts, both +1, 12 shots/3shots, 6hits/4hits, 5blocks/10blocks, and Chara plays about 5 minutes/game more than Gill.  Gill makes Subban better.  Chara makes the entire Bruins blueline better.  As for comparing him to Gionta - pretty tough for the big lug to have the same kind of dynamic impact as a forward.  Just not in the cards in the same way - he's not a rusher and he's not priming for the big hit.  He's been Chara.  For now, that's enough - as someone else pointed out, they're up a game when he plays.

The other part of what Cherry said is important too - he's being extremely cautious about taking penalties in Mtl where the crowd would go nuts if he went to the box.  We'll see how he plays in Boston on Saturday, and as his illness passes.

Chara wasn't better when people feared him more.  They just feared him.  I'd love to see him mush Gionta with a clean smear on the boards, or better yet, knock Plekanec back to the Eastern bloc - yes, that's right, back in time as well as across space. But not at the expense of playing sound positional hockey.  It's boring, and it's like having a nickel plated magnum you keep in a locked box in a safe your entire life instead of waving it around at clubs and shooting yourself in the groin, but it seems to work.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

The fact I can compare Chara against Gill should tell you something.  It shouldnt be in the same sentence. 

Just curious b/c I am not sure.  Was Chara sick every year in the playoffs. 

Some players can raise their level of play.  Are you telling me Chara is a Norris type dman for us in the playoffs this year and in the past.  He has been burnt badly and is being beaten off the puck by guys half his size. 

Chara has not been good.  He has been avg.  No more- no less.  I am not saying he is playing terrible.  I am saying he isnt playing like a captain should be playing.  And he never has.  Until he takes that next step we will never win a cup. 

If you wanna call me out on that go ahead.  I will debate this until the cows come in.  Your leader should be leading and I can't say he has done one thing out of the ordinary to impress me.  Meanwhile I see a little firefly ripping around and making a huge impact on the other side.  I am not saying he has to score 2 goals a game.  But do something!  He was terrible last night.  30 minutes of ho-hum hockey. 

Chara should not just make our blueline better.  he should make this entire team better.  I don't think he has done that.  Everyone knows I am not a huge AF guy but he has outperformed our captain.  Gill and Subban(a rookie) are outplaying our captain and the proof is in the zero's our top line has produced. 

If Chara doesnt bring his level of play up we will not be going far.  If he wants the huge contract, the captains C and 30 minutes of ice time he better offer more than this.  If avg impresses you I am happy for you.  Pronger is a proven warrior who can play on the line and take his team further.  Pronger didnt have a lot of goals last year but he sure as heck was noticed out there in the playoffs. 

Sections
Shortcuts