Rankings: The top 30 starting goalies in the NHL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Re: Rankings: The top 30 starting goalies in the NHL

I don't get all the Rinne love. I know he's a very good goalie, but he's not in my top 3.

I'd take Rask over Bobrovsky, but I wouldn't put 8 other players between them. Both would be in my top 5.

----proud member of the ZTT taskforce-----

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

There isn't a goalie in the world I'd take over Rask right now.  I'm not just saying that as a Bruins fan, I'm usually harder on Boston goaltending.  I just don't think anyone is playing better.

Sorry, but I'm taking Quick & Lundqvist & twice on Sunday. I love Tuukka, but he's not reached these guys status yet. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

I don't get all the Rinne love. I know he's a very good goalie, but he's not in my top 3.

I'd take Rask over Bobrovsky, but I wouldn't put 8 other players between them. Both would be in my top 5.

----proud member of the ZTT taskforce-----

Excluding this past season the guy's been consistently great! He's been voted for 3 Vezina's on a middle of the pack hockey club. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

[QUOTE]

There isn't a goalie in the world I'd take over Rask right now.  I'm not just saying that as a Bruins fan, I'm usually harder on Boston goaltending.  I just don't think anyone is playing better.

Sorry, but I'm taking Quick & Lundqvist & twice on Sunday. I love Tuukka, but he's not reached these guys status yet. 

[/QUOTE]

Right now yes. Thats why I'd have Tuuka at 3...Like I've said on Lundqvist, how many teams can lose a series in five games and come out saying nothing but good things about the goalie like Lundqvist versus the B's this year.

I think Price challenges the top 3 this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right now yes. Thats why I'd have Tuuka at 3...Like I've said on Lundqvist, how many teams can lose a series in five games and come out saying nothing but good things about the goalie like Lundqvist versus the B's this year.

[/QUOTE]

But Kel, you always say that. I suppose it could happen eventually though. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But Kel, you always say that. I suppose it could happen eventually though. 

[/QUOTE]

I like Price, but he hasn't shown me anything to say he's in the top 10 at all. He hasn't come anywhere near to living up to his potential. Can that change? Of course & I understand Kel's "not giving up" on someone that you really like. I did that for Timmy, but he at least won a few things in the process. Price is getting worse, not better. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Nite and Dez, I think this is a big year for him. I think he has a big year, starts and finishes for Team Canada. Last year, not many picked the Habs to make the playoffs and they ended up winning the division. I wont give all the credit to Price on that one as I feel Prust,Galchenyuk,Subban, a healthy Markov, Gallagher were all instrumental in that team suprising people. Therrien as well. Now, I think theyre a team people might look at and say their a candidate to take a step back this year. I think Price is the x-factor that doesnt allow that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Nite and Dez, I think this is a big year for him. I think he has a big year, starts and finishes for Team Canada. Last year, not many picked the Habs to make the playoffs and they ended up winning the division. I wont give all the credit to Price on that one as I feel Prust,Galchenyuk,Subban, a healthy Markov, Gallagher were all instrumental in that team suprising people. Therrien as well. Now, I think theyre a team people might look at and say their a candidate to take a step back this year. I think Price is the x-factor that doesnt allow that.

I think Price is actually a hell of a goalie. I wasn't surprised when they kept him and traded Halak.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I think Price is actually a hell of a goalie. I wasn't surprised when they kept him and traded Halak.

[/QUOTE]

Nor was I surprised, but at the sametime if he doesn't do what Kel says he expects this season; you just may see Montreal looking else where for a goalie.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Oh this one magical run this year.  

P.S. How can you harp endlessly on the small sample size with Rask, and then say "Oh, that ONE magical playoff run..."??  

You can't rip him for having such a small sample size and then rip him for not having accomplished things multiple times over in the same argument.

This is sounding more and more like you're married to a certain agenda with Rask and will grasp at any argument that you think gets you there. 

Between the "small sample size" argument and the "Rask hasn't repeated his accomplishments enough" argument, you'll have to pick one or the other.  To try to argue both, at the same time, is utterly illogical.

[/QUOTE]

I concur with your last post.   The magical run is based on two samples I am left to feed off. One was a flub job of epic smellery.   The other was a fantastic job.  So no bob doesnt have the one great playoff run.  He also hasnt blown a 3-0 lead.  and he plays for columbus not the bruins.  Hes on a lottery team. Rask has 10% in save percent, rasks winning percentage isnt as good and remember the teams involved bruins or cbj     So the fact you view one playoff success and cant consider the other factors in the argument means?   

Zero agenda against rask or bob.  I think rasks the better goalie.  But on sample size alone im not sure how you can rank one in top 5.  The other out of the top 10.  I dont think enough is known about either.  The only agenda is well known In terms of the contract.  But this wasnt about that.  I saw people writing that bobs sample size is too small.  ive stated that rasks sample size s too small in past weeks and was told the numbers dont lie.  Yet the vezina winner with a 500 w/l record who just had a lottery team in the running for the playoffs doesnt have enough on the resume.  Does rask get the cbj in the playoffs?  Does bob get us to the cup considering his play this year?   who knows.  

i realize when i wrote this it may get viewed this way.  But i was seriously curious how people could give that logic after lecturing me about rasks consistancy and numbers.  Then say bob hasnt done enough.   I think thats a fair question to ask.  

[/QUOTE]

Do you even watch hockey?  I don't know how you can say a goalie that took the 28th best offensive team in the NHL to game 7 of the second round a failure of epic smellery.  Name me one other goalie who has taken one of the worst offensive teams in the league to the second round.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Edit, I can't read. Disregard.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

P.S. How can you harp endlessly on the small sample size with Rask, and then say "Oh, that ONE magical playoff run..."??  

You can't rip him for having such a small sample size and then rip him for not having accomplished things multiple times over in the same argument.

This is sounding more and more like you're married to a certain agenda with Rask and will grasp at any argument that you think gets you there. 

Between the "small sample size" argument and the "Rask hasn't repeated his accomplishments enough" argument, you'll have to pick one or the other.  To try to argue both, at the same time, is utterly illogical.

[/QUOTE]

I concur with your last post.   The magical run is based on two samples I am left to feed off. One was a flub job of epic smellery.   The other was a fantastic job.  So no bob doesnt have the one great playoff run.  He also hasnt blown a 3-0 lead.  and he plays for columbus not the bruins.  Hes on a lottery team. Rask has 10% in save percent, rasks winning percentage isnt as good and remember the teams involved bruins or cbj     So the fact you view one playoff success and cant consider the other factors in the argument means?   

Zero agenda against rask or bob.  I think rasks the better goalie.  But on sample size alone im not sure how you can rank one in top 5.  The other out of the top 10.  I dont think enough is known about either.  The only agenda is well known In terms of the contract.  But this wasnt about that.  I saw people writing that bobs sample size is too small.  ive stated that rasks sample size s too small in past weeks and was told the numbers dont lie.  Yet the vezina winner with a 500 w/l record who just had a lottery team in the running for the playoffs doesnt have enough on the resume.  Does rask get the cbj in the playoffs?  Does bob get us to the cup considering his play this year?   who knows.  

i realize when i wrote this it may get viewed this way.  But i was seriously curious how people could give that logic after lecturing me about rasks consistancy and numbers.  Then say bob hasnt done enough.   I think thats a fair question to ask.  

[/QUOTE]

Do you even watch hockey?  I don't know how you can say a goalie that took the 28th best offensive team in the NHL to game 7 of the second round a failure of epic smellery.  Name me one other goalie who has taken one of the worst offensive teams in the league to the second round.

[/QUOTE]

No i dont watch hockey.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

No i dont watch hockey.   

I became a Bruins fan in 2011.

I love this team.

It's my team.

Our boys are great.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Who's got time for hockey when you're following JBiebs on tour?

Are you not entertained?!?!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

No i dont watch hockey.   

I became a Bruins fan in 2011.

I love this team.

It's my team.

Our boys are great.

[/QUOTE]

Haha.  Something like that.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No i dont watch hockey.   

You must not if blame Rask for that loss.  When Steve Begin is the second best center in the lineup your not going to win very often.  When Dan Paille leads the wingers in icetime your not going to win often.  and so on and so on.  The minute Krejci went down I knew the Bruins were finished.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No i dont watch hockey.   

You must not if blame Rask for that loss.  When Steve Begin is the second best center in the lineup your not going to win very often.  When Dan Paille leads the wingers in icetime your not going to win often.  and so on and so on.  The minute Krejci went down I knew the Bruins were finished. [/QUOTE]

Yah Shup...Steve Begin jeez

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

No i dont watch hockey.   

You must not if blame Rask for that loss.  When Steve Begin is the second best center in the lineup your not going to win very often.  When Dan Paille leads the wingers in icetime your not going to win often.  and so on and so on.  The minute Krejci went down I knew the Bruins were finished.

Yah Shup...Steve Begin jeez

[/QUOTE]

Because it is always better to go with the crowd than to look at the facts and think for yourself.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That 2010 Bruins team was a nightmare to watch try to possess the puck. To think that didn't put more stress on Rask is nonsense.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

The current Bruins is so much easier to talk about. I don't understand why a season that happened 3 seasons ago sticks around. Rask has shown he's not that goalie anymore. He's shredded the past & I think posters like shupe need to shred it too. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No i dont think i do.   I have an opinion on this.  Its not like my argument is completely off the rails.   i dont think he shredded anything.  I think he nearly tossed a 3-1 series lead away this year and put his team down 4-1 before the bruins woke up as well.  I then think he was outplayed by crawford in what was a very very good chance to win the cup.  He lost 2of 3 at home in the final and in the most crucial game he let in 6.  Crawford was so bad in this game it would have been the final nail in the coffin.  For as brilliant as he was against pitt i think he was just good against chicago.   In the games he won he was outstanding.  3-1 lead in game one after 3,   6-5 loss at home in the biggest gm of the year, then the shocker in gm 6 that the bruins team played awesome.  Thats 2 3rd period leads gone as well as the last goal win game 4.  

I think he was a back up goalie for 2 yrs after 2010.  The2011  cup winning team had a large amount of players off the team that was in front of rask.  He has never played a grueling schedule like the elite goalies that got paid.  People questioning rinne need to give the head a shake and look at the numbers he put up and the awards he won.   He THEN got paid.   Not before.  People say players are getting paid on potential and what they might do.   Hello.  That exactly what this contract is.   

Any player especially a goalie who lets a 3-0 lead go in game 7 is subject to choke label after having a 3-0 lead in games.   

I dont have to like this contract In fact i hate it.   I wish he could have played a few full seasons of over 60 gms before throwing the highest paid goalie label on him.  

Ive been trying to let it die.  I think hes a very good goale with a pile of potential.  His big game ability to me is a question mark.  But all i can do is watch next season and hope he earns his contract.   He likely will play 70 gms.  Hes has 88 gp in the last 3 yrs.  

book or fletch will come back with something that we both have played tennis with over and over. I hate the contract amount and even more so the length. I wont change my pig headed opinion of it.  I think its a terrible contract.  Let me think it.  Let this die.  I will do my best to avoid this topic in the future.   I realize i have killed this to the point of exhaustion.  I promise i will try to avoid it. To say i dont watch hockey is a slam which is fine.  I love hockey more then anything that isnt my family.  Ive spent more hrs skating then walking and have more frozen toes then that of a100 people having a lake in my back yard.  

Rask issue for me is closed.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Shupe, how come you say " I think he nearly tossed a 3-1 series lead away this year and put his team down 4-1 before the bruins woke up as well.
    But when the Penguins scored two goals in a four game series, you give the credit (in another thread) the defensive gameplan..Why does he get the almost blew it comments but not the credit?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Oh yeah right.  This is as true as SoxFaninIL's pledge to never return!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

Oh yeah right.  This is as true as SoxFaninIL's pledge to never return!

[/QUOTE]
      Im more interested in watching loui, iggy, and the new guys then i am at beating this contract to death.  Im sure i will hear it with every shutout.