Rask & Krug

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Rask & Krug

Rask has been pretty average lately and Krug is not doing much except giving the puck away.  I guess its better to be mediocre in the middle of the season instead of at the end.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Re: Rask & Krug

In response to mattbs' comment:

Rask has been pretty average lately and Krug is not doing much except giving the puck away.  I guess its better to be mediocre in the middle of the season instead of at the end.

Average would have been acceptable tonite.. You're other word is appropriate.  I wonder if he is going on a Lundqvist run here in the coming weeks?  these $8M goalies you never know....surprised in the In Game thread no one seems to be taking Rask to Task.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Average would have been acceptable tonite.. You're other word is appropriate.  I wonder if he is going on a Lundqvist run here in the coming weeks?  these $8M goalies you never know....surprised in the In Game thread no one seems to be taking Rask to Task.

Please not allowed to say anything negative on there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Here we go...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Here we go...

Where we going I'm going to get a drink.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Here we go...

Jameson's for everyone... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Here we go...

Jameson's for everyone... 

Where's that?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Before the Ottawa game (2 games ago) Rask had allowed 3 goals in 4 games.

Pretty average lately?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Every now and then, I think a team needs to win with offense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Pretty average lately?

Never said I agreed with the post,Rask has won or kept them in a lot of games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Last two games have featured a ton of strange goals.  Neilson's second goal was a great pass by Tavares, but then a good block by Chara goes to Neilson and Chara whiffs on the clear.  Okposo's goal goes in off of Marchand.  Tavares's first goal is a stupid play by Marchand.  Tavares's second goal is deflected by Bartkowski's stick.  In Ottawa, there was the weird bunt tip, and then the on-off-on breakaway shot by Smith.  For what it's worth, I think if he'd stayed in, he has a better shot to stop Ryan's breakaway and maybe the Bruins win that game.  He also made a great little save on Vanek point-blank in the third.  No issue with how Rask's playing.

Krug's dropped off a bit.  Having McQuaid back should help - that pair has worked well earlierr in the year - but you're seeing him get beat to pucks, outmuscled along the boards, and generally getting beat.  On the Ryan goal, I thought Bergeron hung him out a bit - tough play to take a tumbling puck with a hard-charging check.  Gotta make the play, but Bergeron might have been better served keeping it deep.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Typical BS from mattbs.

Before the Ottawa game (two games ago), an article I was reading called Rask's recent play "white hot".

Go soak your head.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Rask has played in like 15 games where he let in 1 or fewer goals.  Hes been the Bs best player.  As for Krug i said the season was long.  People were pegging for 20 plus goals.   I just want him to get better and not fall off the planet like Dougie did last year.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from candre99. Show candre99's posts

yes they are doing well with rask in goal.  but he gives to many easy goals.  also make good saves.  i just wish dale arnold would not talk about rask like he is the greatest thing since slice bread. 

finally someone did call out rask(the female reporter talking to claude last night) but he brushed her off(made all kinds of excuses).

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"The Bruins defense has decided to play with their heads up there a** the last two games"

Best thing I've read about how the Bs played the past two games. I haven't seen rebound clean up this bad in quite some time, not typical of a Julien coached team. Ottawa and the Islanders gained entry across the blueline at will. Blaming it on just two Boston players is  dumb.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I will say that krug hasnt been his best, and im wondering him watching Bartowski making so many good rushes if hes trying harder to be the same where its affecting his own game. Rask has seemed a bit average the last 2 games but what confidence do you have when goals are bouncing in off your own players  such as marchand on the pk, I think Marchand thought he was in front of the islanders net lol. That brings me to Marchands game  is still off despite his samsonov moves once or twice a game. I mentioned in another thread I hope the Bs dont take the islanders too lightly, well they did in many ways including in the hit department.

See ya thursday happy new years everyone

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

That's true, too, Dog.  How many times did they have the rebound and clear it...right back to the point man so the opponent could set up.  Too many.  Waaaay too many.  Better to eat it or put it into the corner.  Lots of bad bounces, bad tips - guys not making Rask's job very easy.  Krug gets singled out here because he's had a number of high-profile fails at the offensive blueline or between the bluelines - Ryan's goal, Grabner's shorthanded break, etc.

Rask gave up one goal yesterday at even strength.  PK was a step behind all game.  Stupid Tuukka.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Why was Krug supposed to become a top pair defense ?  I love when we make these guys be more than they are .  He's about an average d-man with some offensive upside. That's all therefore get used to it, don't lose any sleep.

Rask, it's a long season and you will see games, stretches like this.  It's a weird season , especially for the Bruins, don't forget they had a short summer and with the Olympics .... all the top teams will have some issues.

did you guys see Price get lit up last night ?  what is Canada going to do ??? ( sarcasm)

some of you don't know how critic a players play without having to sound negative.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

just because Rask allows 4 goals in 3 games it doesnt always mean he won the game for the team.  He does have a pretty good defensive team in front of him.  Bottom line is the team is built on winning 3-2 games not 6-5.

I am not being overly critical of him because I know he is a top 3 goal tender in the league.  I am just making an observation about their last 2 losses and a few games before that.  Is that ok with you?  

As for Krug, because he is small he has to be working twice as hard defensively and it doesnt seem like he is.  Fatigue?  Nagging undesclosed injuries?  

BTW, Happy New year.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

just because Rask allows 4 goals in 3 games it doesnt always mean he won the game for the team.  He does have a pretty good defensive team in front of him.  Bottom line is the team is built on winning 3-2 games not 6-5.

I am not being overly critical of him because I know he is a top 3 goal tender in the league.  I am just making an observation about their last 2 losses and a few games before that.  Is that ok with you?  

As for Krug, because he is small he has to be working twice as hard defensively and it doesnt seem like he is.  Fatigue?  Nagging undesclosed injuries?  

BTW, Happy New year.

Four goals in three games is nowhere near "pretty average".

No goalie wins a game for a team.  Four goals in three games certainly give the team a very good chance at winning.

And he did that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I'm a living room coach and analyze everything present.  I am sure when a real coach pulls any goalie he doesnt remind the coach how great he played last week.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Pretty average lately?

Being a little selective here Kel... How about 8 in 4 periods recently and being pulled by your coach?

I would rather trust Julien's evaluation of Tuukkas's recent play, he must of thought it was not up to snuff, didn't like the goals he gave up and sat him And rightly so....Again, just stating facts, everybody seems to treat this guy with kid gloves.....nothing wrong with some having a different opinion of what we see...or is this guy beyond criticism?   I am just interested in what is happening now and I don't like what I am seeing.... Too much flopping , and being out of position is not playing well In my books...

Sections
Shortcuts