Rask "shutout"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Rask "shutout"

Surprise, surprise...he's getting more starts and his performance goes up.

To think that some on here can't figure that out is quite laughable to me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Re: Rask "shutout"

You are talking like he is playing well. It was vs lowly Ott and he let one hit the post. Unacceptable! Rask drives me crazy!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

The fact that you are over-reacting to him beating four cream puff AHL teams where the defense in front of him played excellent is laughable to me. 

He played good tonight, but relax.  I still have zero confiedence in him being able to steal a game against a good team where the team in front of him has an off night, no matter how many starts he gets.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

So, Tuukka has won four in row, including three 30+ save performances.  I can totally understand why Sizzle and abra are so upset.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In Response to Re: Rask "shutout":
    [QUOTE]So, Tuukka has won four in row, including three 30+ save performances.  I can totally understand why Sizzle and abra are so upset.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

I knew there were going to be Rask bashers out so I just wanted to see what it was like to be the first unreasonable poster on Rasks performance tonight...

The first poster is spot on. No one is going to excel in what they do if they do it 75% less than what they are used to. Tuukka is no exception.

Fantastic game Tuukka!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]The fact that you are over-reacting to him beating four cream puff AHL teams where the defense in front of him played excellent is laughable to me.  He played good tonight, but relax.  I still have zero confiedence in him being able to steal a game against a good team where the team in front of him has an off night, no matter how many starts he gets.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE] So lets all pretend the bruins showed up for this game, and ignore that rask was the key factor in the win.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]The fact that you are over-reacting to him beating four cream puff AHL teams where the defense in front of him played excellent is laughable to me.  He played good tonight, but relax.  I still have zero confiedence in him being able to steal a game against a good team where the team in front of him has an off night, no matter how many starts he gets.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]
    Abra,you've got to at least be glad he's stringing somes wins together.As valuable as TT has been,we need Rask to be able to come in and get some wins while TT gets some rest.We all know the goaltending debate is over and TT is the clear-cut #1 but Rask played as well as a goaltender can play,regardless of the opposition. Let's just hope the extra rest will help TT keep the win streak rolling.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Re: Rask

Rask is battling the sophmore jinx and big competition from Thomas.

Its ironic that it was the other way around last year

The way things are going Rask will probably outplay Thomas next season

The best thing i see about having these two good goalies on the same team is that they have shared/observed/morphed their good attributes with each other.

Thomas has let in far less goals through the five hole and has played with a more technical approach this season. Rask on the other hand is challenging shooters more aggressively than ever before, something that Thomas has always done in his career.

If Rask is as good as we think he can become, he could be signed for a decent amount of years in the range of 3 to 4 million per season. That would mean paying 7-9 million dollars for two top goalies per season, instead of paying one guy like Kiprusoff for 7 million a season and overworking him

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Great that we have 2 excellent goalies. So many teams ride just one guy......which usually catches up with them in the playoffs, i.e. goalie is exhausted.

Thomas will win the Vezina this year...........good on him. The hip surgery at the end of last season obviously made a difference, and considering the positioning/style he plays.......I hope it holds up.

Things are looking great for the B's.......depth all the way around!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Rask saved our butts tonight... no way did we deserve 2 points from that horrible effort. Way to go Tuuk!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask "shutout" : Abra,you've got to at least be glad he's stringing somes wins together.As valuable as TT has been,we need Rask to be able to come in and get some wins while TT gets some rest.We all know the goaltending debate is over and TT is the clear-cut #1 but Rask played as well as a goaltender can play,regardless of the opposition. Let's just hope the extra rest will help TT keep the win streak rolling.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I am not a Rask basher.  I am glad he is playing well.  I just don't understand these Rask fan boys that feel need to initiate these defensive threads when nobody said anything bad about his performance tonight in the first place.  Rask deserved all the constructive criticism he received earlier in the season, he was completely unreliable and was only winning when the team in front of him played well.  He was letting in way too many softies, his angles were off, and he was letting in an early 1st period goal almost every game forcing the team to play from behind, ect... He is playing better lately and played great tonight, and that is a good thing, but it is no reason to over-react and crown him a #1 goalie yet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]I am not a Rask basher.  I am glad he is playing well.  I just don't understand these Rask fan boys that feel need to initiate these defensive threads when nobody said anything bad about his performance tonight in the first place.  Rask deserved all the constructive criticism he received earlier in the season, he was completely unreliable and was only winning when the team in front of him played well.  He was letting in way too many softies, his angles were off, and he was letting in an early 1st period goal almost every game forcing the team to play from behind, ect... He is playing better lately and played great tonight, and that is a good thing, but it is no reason to over-react and crown him a #1 goalie yet.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]Who has crowned him a #1 goalie? He has gotten terrible goal support almost all year. Not sure what the exact numbers are but if the bruins scored with him in net the same as they have for Thomas his wins would be much higher.
    That being said, Thomas IMO is the best goalie in the world today and Rask is a second year goalie that will have to wait his turn.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

No one's overreacting but to start that BS thats he's only beating weak teams or not getting shots against him is garbage. Several of TT's "MVP" performances lately have come with a minimum of scoring chances against him, regardless of who the opposition was or how much Jack Edwards faints every time he acts up a save.

It's not "constructive criticism" when it comes down to calling his play "shaky" or "soft" when he was buried on the bench for weeks at a time for no fault of his own.

Thomas deserves to get the starts now but it's interesting that people were "crowning him the #1" after Game 2 of the regular season.  Some things just work out a certain way.

Great job tonight, Tuukka.  Maybe this franchise won't ruin you after all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

and BTW, no one that posts here is qualified to provide "constructive criticism", leave that to the goalie coaches and TT.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Rask

In Response to Re: Rask:
    [QUOTE]
    Rask is battling the sophmore jinx and big competition from Thomas.
    Its ironic that it was the other way around last year

Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

No, it's not IRONIC - it's a COINCIDENCE.  Always check your grammar.

Every North American Sportscaster English makes the same mistake. They do not know the difference. Do you trust what they are telling you then?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Like the great Sheen would say: Winning!!! Scoreboard!!! That Tuukka Rask played like he had tigersblood in him and was made of Adonis DNA.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scott1773. Show Scott1773's posts

Actually Wheat, this year's situation between Rask and Thomas is quite fairly described as "ironic" in comparison to last year. The World English Dictionary defines irony as "incongruity between what is expected to be and what actually is". But thank God I love Bruins talk and both Thomas and Rask rather than preachy know-it-alls. Go Bruins!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DAVESTAPLETON86. Show DAVESTAPLETON86's posts

Yeah wheat nice english lesson fail.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm not exactly sure why shutout is in quotation marks.

He didn't let in any goals, right?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not exactly sure why shutout is in quotation marks. He didn't let in any goals, right?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE] Cancer

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask "shutout" : Cancer
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

Shutout is in quotations because of cancer?  Or is it "cancer"?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask "shutout" : Shutout is in quotations because of cancer?  Or is it "cancer"?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE] What's wrong, you and your life partner having a tiff tonight?
    You keep bringing up this garbage that has nothing to do with hockey, in an attempt to irritate others.........grow up!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask "shutout" : What's wrong, you and your life partner having a tiff tonight? You keep bringing up this garbage that has nothing to do with hockey, in an attempt to irritate others.........grow up!
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

"Okay."  "I will."  "You're right."

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask "shutout" : "Okay."  "I will."  "You're right."
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE] "cancer"

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts