Rask bashers. Compare to goalies you *might* have heard of.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Rask bashers. Compare to goalies you *might* have heard of.

In Response to Re: Rask bashers. Compare to goalies you *might* have heard of.:
    [QUOTE]I've said for 3 months, play anyone but Rask as a backup to Thomas...Even as an experiment. There is going to be a point where it happens too. Why? Because you can only go so long with playing a backup who doesn't get the job done.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

I don't there are any backups who can get the job done.  The pickins are awful thin for backups, and even some starting goalies are questionable.

I think Rask would give Giguerre a run for his money for the starting spot in Toronto and Rask would likely win the starting spot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Look at Nolan Schaefer for an experiment.

Yikes.

It's an experiment that would go horribly wrong.

There just simply isn't another guy out there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]disagree, deza...Rask is unable to beat anyone of late...doesn't matter what spot you put him in. It's enablers, like you and Pete Chiarelli, who put way too much faith in someone who isn't performing. Julien is certainly getting input from Peter on the goaltending usage. That's why Rask started the game after he was pulled by Claude a month ago. Look, if Tuuka wasn't so godawful, these threads would never happen, and we wouldn't be having this debate. But he is, and the B's are losing the games he starts...it's a fact that is lost on a lot of you here. It's costing the B's playoff positioning.
    Enablers......good one.Look,the roles were reversed last year and I was sticking up for TT in the same manner.When you compare Rask to the best goalie in the world right now,it doesn't look good.When compared to everyone else,he's far from horrible.But just keep piling on him.I'm sure it's helpful.Are you 1 of those folks that boo him at the games thinking that might help turn his game around?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I could see a 5th rounder for Mike Leighton or something to that effect, just to have someone as the 3rd G for the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Good post BadHab, Rask will be fine.  He has not been a sharp as I would like to see, I think that is pretty obvious, but he still is top-20 in the league in SV% as TT's back-up. 

Goaltending is not the problem with this team, perhaps some out here can explain the shabby play by the team in front of Tuukka this year.  First goal last night is a result of a bad pinch by Chara and a great shot by Bertuzzi.  The 2nd goal is awful end-zone play by the team leaving Cleary alone in the slot.  2-0 Wings about three minutes into the game, but that is all Tuukka's fault? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Good post BadHab, Rask will be fine.  He has not been a sharp as I would like to see, I think that is pretty obvious, but he still is top-20 in the league in SV% as TT's back-up.  Goaltending is not the problem with this team, perhaps some out here can explain the shabby play by the team in front of Tuukka this year.  First goal last night is a result of a bad pinch by Chara and a great shot by Bertuzzi.  The 2nd goal is awful end-zone play by the team leaving Cleary alone in the slot.  2-0 Wings about three minutes into the game, but that is all Tuukka's fault? 
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    Yeah,Cleary steps into a one-timer from the hash marks and the bashers are out shouting"but TT would've stopped them".Yet a poor performance by TT against the Habs is only a bump in the road.I've said it for TWO years now,why can't we all cheer for both goalies?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]well, that is something that i disagree with you on..a backup. I don't know who they can get, just that they have to at least...attempt to use a 3rd goalie...The guy gets a 2 and done deal...He either performs well enough in a backup role, doesn't have to be showstopper, just hold on to a 4-3 lead or not cough up a bad goal when the team is struggling offensively. That mysterious 3rd goalie gets 2 shots to spell Thomas while Rask is healthy scratched for a good period of time to just practice and practice and work with the goalie coach. If the guy can win a game in Tim's absence, superb, if he wins 2...he gets the job as 2nd goalie. If he showstops and loses 1-0 or 2-1...he gets the 2nd goalie job this year. Tuuka can be healthy scratched the rest of the season.

You keep saying we should get a third goalie and we told you the goalie does exist and yet you persist.  So NAME HIM GO AHEAD AND NAME HIM.  If you can not name him please stop with the fantansy post about a player that does not exist.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1NEFAN2. Show 1NEFAN2's posts

Can't see were a 3rd goalie helps.  They need players who can light the lamp. Also it's the team in front of him that has not played like they play for TT.  They played for him last year and have not done so this year.