Rask, Bishop and Varlamov up for Vezina.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Rask, Bishop and Varlamov up for Vezina.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=450385#YourCallTop" rel="nofollow">http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=450385#YourCallTop

Be shocked if it's not Rask.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Rask, Bishop and Varlamov up for Vezina.

I would like to see Bishop win it just because it would cause NAS to have a cerebral hemorrhage.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Rask, Varlamov, Bishop. The votes should land in that order. Really it 's between Rask and Varly.

Rask has the better GAA and save % and 7 shutouts to Varlamov's 2. Varlamov had more wins but his GAA is 2.41 to Rask's 2.04.

Trophy should go to Tuukka.

But as I've said about all these individual awards before, they're nice but I really only care about the Cup. I think Rask and Bergeron do too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Was hoping that Rask would do the Timmah sweep of the Jennings as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Was hoping that Rask would do the Timmah sweep of the Jennings as well.

Not a good comparison. Timmy just rode on the coattails of Manny Fernandez that year. :P

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Rask should would win it, but I wouldn't be surprised if Varly does. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The more I think about it, the more I'm of the NAS-like opinion that, since I am in no way superstitious, I can't think of a single reason why I wouldn't want Bergeron to win the Selke, Rask to win the Vezina, Chara to win the Norris, Julien to win the Adams, and Bergeron to win the Messier.  I want a write in campaign so that Krug wins the Calder.  I want One-Eye Soderberg's points to count in triplicate so he wins the Art Ross.  I want the Bruins to win everything.  Sure, if I had to choose one, it's the Cup every time.  But I don't have to choose, so screw it.  Bring home the hardware!

Are you not entertained?!?!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

maybe Tuukka could make a few extra bucks selling the hardware because i think he's underpaid....

where's Shupe?....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Rask easily. Played spectacular, didnt beat up his hot russian girlfriend or fake any injuries.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

The more I think about it, the more I'm of the NAS-like opinion that, since I am in no way superstitious, I can't think of a single reason why I wouldn't want Bergeron to win the Selke, Rask to win the Vezina, Chara to win the Norris, Julien to win the Adams, and Bergeron to win the Messier.  I want a write in campaign so that Krug wins the Calder.  I want One-Eye Soderberg's points to count in triplicate so he wins the Art Ross.  I want the Bruins to win everything.  Sure, if I had to choose one, it's the Cup every time.  But I don't have to choose, so screw it.  Bring home the hardware!

The whole "Only the Cup matters" theory is weak.  Yeah, the most important thing is the Cup.  When people vote your guy as the best at his job, that's pretty cool.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

The whole "Only the Cup matters" theory is weak.  Yeah, the most important thing is the Cup.  When people vote your guy as the best at his job, that's pretty cool.  

Agreed. I hope my earlier statement didn't sound like I don't think it's cool for a Bruin to win those awards. It is and I hope every Bruin nominee wins. They are especially cool when they've brought the Cup home already and then win some of the individual awards. It must be great to be at the awards ceremony with a bunch of your peers knowing you just won the Cup and then your walking around with your Vezina or Selke or whatever. Extra shproing in their pants for sure.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Rask easily. Played spectacular, didnt beat up his hot russian girlfriend or fake any injuries.

That's it, in a nutshell.

But where's TuukkaFailBackUpGoaler when we really need him?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have an impersonal trainer. We meet at the gym, we don't talk, he works out alone and I go home. (George Carlin)

It's "Stehno", not "Z-Dayno"!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Rask should win in a landslide.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOT

Yes he should Stan but Shupe will still say he's overpaid. Rask plays like he's TT's alter-ego. Where TT was constantly upside down and backwards, Rask is usually square to the shooter and making it look easy. Watching Rask is much easier on the blood pressure.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

meanwhile, here in Montreal, sHab's nation is up in arms over Price's omission.... 

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

meanwhile, here in Montreal, sHab's nation is up in arms over Price's omission.... 

Smurfland don't like statistics much. Nor the fact the Shabs have lost 7 out of the last 11 times they have met the Bruins in the playoffs.

And now I have Dez's light bulb joke. Armed and ready...boom shakalaka!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOT

Yes he should Stan but Shupe will still say he's overpaid. Rask plays like he's TT's alter-ego. Where TT was constantly upside down and backwards, Rask is usually square to the shooter and making it look easy. Watching Rask is much easier on the blood pressure.

[/QUOTE

Ference was talking about the contrast of the two goalies between periods last night.  It was clear he preferred Rasks style to TT's.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

n response to dezaruchi's comment:

Yes he should Stan but Shupe will still say he's overpaid.

Clearly shupe is having trouble getting back to the forums on his iPad, so I'll have to stand in for him.

I'm shuperman!  I'm eight feet tall and love donuts and giving parking tickets.  Corey Crawford is a way better goalie than Tuukka Rask and I'm going to launch a Mountie investigation of why he wasn't just given the Vezina.  Rask's contract is stupid.  Maybe he was the best goalie in the league this year, but what about next year and the six years after that?  Unless he's the best goalie every year for the next eight years and Chewbacca lived with the Ewoks on Endor, Rask's contract is stupid and he should give his money to Corey Crawford.  shuperman...out!. 

http://www.parrygamepreserve.com/images/toys/mezco/press/20080425/POLICE_OFFICER_CARTMAN_M.jpg

[/Quote]

There you go, shupe.  I didn't want your position to go undefended.  You're welcome.

[object HTMLDivElement]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I love that so many of the Bruins are in the conversation for the best at their positions. When was the last time a Toronto Maybe Next Year fan could say that? It's Rask's to lose.

Sections
Shortcuts