Rask callers shut the...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: Rask callers shut the...

In Response to Re: Rask callers shut the...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask callers shut the... : Again with the regular seasons stats! I will use your same lame excuse it has to be a team effort.  First Rask game vs the Habs(last year) was a shut out!  But like i said regular season meanigless stat!!  Try Rask until the habs take the lead in the game and then let's put back TT in the net.  We'll if that happens!!
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

You still didn't show this trade Carter for Price is?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]If this team goes down 3-0. I might agree with putting Rask in, but in 08 & 09 they were down 3-1 in the series & BOTH times they stuck with TT & they tied the series. His game came around so did the B's. CJ knows his job is on the line. If he replaces TT with a Rask for game 3 & the B's lose because of a weak goal? It's worse for him. If he loses with TT in the net & TT allows a weak goal. CJ can't be blamed for that. Andy Moog allowed a lot of bad goals when he was Bruin too & with the exception of 88' & in one game in 93' they always came back to him. He wasn't a vezina winner. TT isn't on his game, but neither is the rest of the team. You gotta just hope the B's stop with the stupidity & come out of it!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    All good points Nite.I'm all for TT getting the chance to play his way out of this funk.I also think the leash needs to be short if he surrenders a goal on the 1st couple of shots again.I agree 100% that if CJ is going to make a mistake it should be in showing faith in his star goalie.It'd be way easier to explain than if he switches goalies and they still lose.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask callers shut the... : Nite-TT's upcoming Vezina doesn't change the fact he's sporting an .891 so far in the playoffs.I'm all for having TT find his game but replacing him with Rask isn't as crazy as you're making it out to be.Whoever will get the job done.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

DEZ? You CANNOT replace your number one goalie when your team has only scored 1 goal in two games & allowed 5! If they lost 7-2, or 6-5 where there were 2, or 3 weak one's I'd agree with you! That isn't the case. The Canadiens aren't winning because of shoddy goaltending! They're winning because they want it more than the B's! When have you seen the Bruins battle for a loose puck & win that battle in front of Price? Carey Price has kicked out some rebounds too! Just that his defense has bailed him out! THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE HERE!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask callers shut the... : All good points Nite.I'm all for TT getting the chance to play his way out of this funk.I also think the leash needs to be short if he surrenders a goal on the 1st couple of shots again.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

And a good point made by you! If TT allows an early goal REGARDLESS of whether it's a good goal or a bad goal. I'd make a statement by putting in Rask! That would be a better wake up call for the team then just starting Rask.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask callers shut the... : DEZ? You CANNOT replace your number one goalie when your team has only scored 1 goal in two games & allowed 5! If they lost 7-2, or 6-5 where there were 2, or 3 weak one's I'd agree with you! That isn't the case. The Canadiens aren't winning because of shoddy goaltending! They're winning because they want it more than the B's! When have you seen the Bruins battle for a loose puck & win that battle in front of Price? Carey Price has kicked out some rebounds too! Just that his defense has bailed him out! THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE HERE!
    You're making valid points Nite.I really hope you're right and TT can right the ship before this series is over.I still have the confidence that he can do it.I just hope TT still has the confidence too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

nite and dez, i think that would be the best move.  start tt. if he allows an early goal, then you put in rask.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]nite and dez, i think that would be the best move.  start tt. if he allows an early goal, then you put in rask.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]
    Finally,some of us have managed to agree on something......Go Bruins!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

TT has to start(with a short leash I would agree), Z has to be 100%, Krej has to be better than Pail, 1st line has to score.

Thorn needs to sit.

Kelly needs to be on 4th with limited ice. Ryder and Pev have been working to no avail with this guy.

Seg's speed would not hurt either.

Keep Hort off ice on PP, his stupid penalties are not helping.

Target Gill with speed, even use Recchi on him, for goodness sakes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask callers shut the... : If you need it explained to you that there's a HUGE difference between having a Vezina trophy winner replace a tired 23 yr old, then the other way around then you obviously don't know much to begin with. Putting in a goalie that got shell shocked for 90% of his starts this season is NOT likely going to spark this team! It could make them even worse!  This is a break down of goal support for each goalie! Yet you think Rask is going to create this wonderful spark!  The difference is that Thomas has received 3+ goals in 55% of his starts, 2 goals in 27% and 0-1 goals in 18%. Rask has received 3+ goals in 42% of his starts, 2 goals in 25% of his starts and 0-1 goals in a whopping 33% of his starts  
    The goalie situation is the exact same opposite as it was last year. You do realize that is Rask had played more games, his stats were so good that he probably would have won the Vezina. He had about the same numbers last year as Thomas did this year. The bruins never played well at all for Thomas last year, just like they have not playd well for rask this year. Rask was not playing well and was perhaps gassed after game 3 last year, just as thomas is this year the first 2 games.

I can gaurantee that if CJ would have gone with Thomas in games 5, 6, or 7, you guys would have eliminated my flyers. It could have been a spark that the bruins needed. The bruins need that same type of spark this year. Thomas is clearly not himself.

These last 2 reg seasons/playoffs are mirror images of each other in terms of the goalie situation, with the only difference being it was rask-thomas in 09-10 and its thomas-rask in 10-11.

The bruins need a spark, and rask is good enough to give it to them

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask callers shut the... : LMAO! Rask is No Kenny Dryden & he's no Cam Ward yet either! It's much easier to replace a Martin Gerber with a Cam Ward! Comon; give your head a shake here!

Wait a sec you are saying that it was much easier for Carolina to replace their clear number one goalie with a rookie who had never played in the playoffs than replacing a guy who is a not a clear number one(TT) by a guy that was one game shy last year to make it to the conference final.  And i would like to remind you that game 4 went in OT where Bergy had a glorious chance to close the deal.  I think you are the one who needs to get examined! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask callers shut the... : And a good point made by you! If TT allows an early goal REGARDLESS of whether it's a good goal or a bad goal. I'd make a statement by putting in Rask! That would be a better wake up call for the team then just starting Rask.

I am sorry but TT had 2 chances to start a game and not allow the first goal.  He failed 2 times in a row.  Not only he failed but he didn't even keep the score tie for 5 minutes.  In a best of 7 series how many more chances are you going to give him.  When you are slow to make the adjustements you lose!!  I hope the management don't think like you guys.  I will make a prediction... if TT starts tomorrow night he will allow the first goal AGAIN and you can pretty much pack your bags!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]If this team can't come back from an early 1 goal deficit, then they are too fragile to win anything this year.  They should ride the TT express until his wheels come off, he gives them their best chance of winning.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

It's got nothing to do with an early  1 goal deficit ! Bruins' coaching staff, like
    Wahsington and Pittsburg's coaching staffs last year, has not figured out Montreal's strategy and thus cannot counter it.

1) Who would have thought Plekanec would be used as a shut down guy when we all know how taleneted he is offensively?

2) Why didn't we see the tight 5 man back checking strategy that the Canadiens are using so successfully agaisnt us coming? And why didn;'t we adjsut our game to counter theirs?

The KEY IS NOT MORE OFFENSE AND MORE PRESSURE IN THEIR ZONE ,

BUT MORE DEFENSIVE PLAY ON OUR SIDE AND COUNTER ATTACK WHEN THEY
    ARE IN OUR END !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

When the team has 0 confidence the first goal matters so much!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask callers shut the... : Lucic handed the puck to Gomez in Game one who then handed it to a sniper Gionta for a onetimer that's Thomas's fault ? I count 3 goals on Johhny Boychuk back checking at least 2 of them after #55s errant pass led to the odd man break. Sorry BadHab you're looking at the wrong suspects. Montreal have been cleaning up all of Price's rebounds Bruins defense has not...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Ask any goalie that's played professionally and they will tell you that was a soft goal. Thomas easily could have stopped that and should have.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Rask callers shut the... : Wait a sec you are saying that it was much easier for Carolina to replace their clear number one goalie with a rookie who had never played in the playoffs than replacing a guy who is a not a clear number one(TT) by a guy that was one game shy last year to make it to the conference final.  And i would like to remind you that game 4 went in OT where Bergy had a glorious chance to close the deal.  I think you are the one who needs to get examined! 
    Posted by lucaooo

TT isn't a clear number one? Spoken like a true TT hater! Gerber is & was nothing like a Thomas. Where is he playing now? Where was he all season? To make that comparison kid shows your knowledge of the game is very minor indeed!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

1 goal 2 games.

Blame the goalie!!!!

Typical uneducated Boston fans.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

It's a tough call.Rask would have a lot of motivation to play well considering TT took back the starting job this year.Rask has given up his fair share of weak goals  this year .He could turn his season around tonight and who knows lead the B's into the final four this year.It's quite risky to put your backup in when facing a must win game but TT has not played well .On the flip side TT has to know if he plays tonight and does poorly he may not be back with the B's next year.I am glad I am not the one who has to make this decision but ultimately I would go with Rask.Game 2 was a big game obviously ,we didn't want to be heading back to Montreal down by two and TT came up with a dud of a performance .It's Tukka time .

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask callers shut the... : The goalie situation is the exact same opposite as it was last year. You do realize that is Rask had played more games, his stats were so good that he probably would have won the Vezina. He had about the same numbers last year as Thomas did this year. The bruins never played well at all for Thomas last year, just like they have not playd well for rask this year. Rask was not playing well and was perhaps gassed after game 3 last year, just as thomas is this year the first 2 games. I can gaurantee that if CJ would have gone with Thomas in games 5, 6, or 7, you guys would have eliminated my flyers. It could have been a spark that the bruins needed. The bruins need that same type of spark this year. Thomas is clearly not himself. These last 2 reg seasons/playoffs are mirror images of each other in terms of the goalie situation, with the only difference being it was rask-thomas in 09-10 and its thomas-rask in 10-11. The bruins need a spark, and rask is good enough to give it to them
    Posted by orangecrush28[/QUOTE]
    Playing Thomas in games 5 ,6 or 7 last year wasn't an option .He hadn't played in so long due to his weak performances throughout the year.Rask has righted his ship somewhat this year recovering from a very poor first half but the B's face uncertainty whoever they put in goal tonight .

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]1 goal 2 games. Blame the goalie!!!! Typical uneducated Boston fans.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Kel,do you feel TT has played well through 2 games? In both games,Boston was within a goal and swarming,only to have Montreal skate down the ice and score on what I'll barely call scoring opportunities.I just want the world's best goalie to play like it.Goaltending was supposed to be the difference FOR Boston in the playoffs.So far it hasn't been.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]nite and dez, i think that would be the best move.  start tt. if he allows an early goal, then you put in rask.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE] I don't think that's the way to go ,putting in Rask if TT   gives up a weak goal .You make your decision before the game and you live or die with it .It wouldn't be fair to Rask to throw him to the wolves like that .Give him his shot or sit him on the bench . 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins87. Show bruins87's posts

Sooo true
    I really dont want goalie's change and see Rask. Stay with bubble-rebound-man TT

[QUOTE]Price puts the rebounds to the corner, TT puts them to the front of the net.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

I say play Rask & see if the kid can steal one. That game on Saturday night was disturbing in regards to how much better the Habs looked. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

What a fuc"n loser he just gave another softie and the momentum to the Habs!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

PUTTT RASK IN THE NET!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Where are all the TT lovers tonight!!  Just go fuc"k yourself you and that fuc"n loser of Thomas!!   I was right once again!!

Sections
Shortcuts