Rask callers shut the...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Rask callers shut the...

FUP.

Unles Rask is going to go and tap in the rebounds he is of no use to us.

Any idjut watching can see, the opportunities missed on the same opportunities the scabs are scoring on are there, they are not being finished by the B's and that is the difference.

The brutal giveaways is killing us, plus the fact we have 1 freakin goal in 2 games, against a hardly tested price, other than trying to rub off his emblem on his shirt.

So unless Rask can play D or score, he is of no use.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Altus123. Show Altus123's posts

Re: Rask callers shut the...

I agree, they aren't going to win without scoring goals. 

BUT, TT coughed up some pretty bad rebounds on 3 of the 5 goals in this series (all off-angle).  Of course the D didn't help his cause by not taking a man in front of the net on all 3 of those goals, but TT usually doesn't make those mistakes.  The 2nd goal of the 1st game was pretty weak as well.

I thing the change is warranted if for no other reason than to shake the team up, like Philly did last night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

I think it time that Rask played. TT has not showed any compete or athletiscism that he showed during the season. Sloppy rebounds and no effort to get the rebound attempt, not the TT of yesterweek/yestermonth/yesteryear. If you can't bring it in the playoffs it time for a change. Unfortunately we do not have a spare team on the bench to replace the guys that played the last two games. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Rask callers shut the...:
    FUP. Unles Rask is going to go and tap in the rebounds he is of no use to us. Any idjut watching can see, the opportunities missed on the same opportunities the scabs are scoring on are there, they are not being finished by the B's and that is the difference. The brutal giveaways is killing us, plus the fact we have 1 freakin goal in 2 games, against a hardly tested price, other than trying to rub off his emblem on his shirt. So unless Rask can play D or score, he is of no use.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

Goat,I don't care who comes in net if they do the job.Do you feel TT has played as well as you'd expcted him to?I really only remember 1 timely save through 2 games(Plekanec breakaway).The stats back it up for every team in the league.It's easier to play from ahead than behind and Boston can't get ahead when the Habs score on the game's first shot.If TT starts monday he's got to get those 1st saves under his belt to give his team a chance.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

TT has been pretty bad in this series.  That being said the defense in front of him has been god-awful.  Johnny Boychuk is a cross-eyed piece of sh_t.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I am not a Rask lover, and I do favor Thomas. But with that said, I really don't care if they start Rask in game 3. The reason is that Thomas has been sloppy on the rebounds. He gave up a bad 2nd goal in game 1, and he gave up 2 really poor rebounds in game 2. Thomas is/was the Vezina Trophy winner this season, no question. But he isn't translating his M.O. -- stealing games -- to the playoffs. To be behind 2-0 only a few minutes into a game is inexcusable and it is the goalie who has to take some brunt of that blame. Rask is similar to Price in style. If that is what it takes to keep Montreal from scoring, then so be it. Thomas was given his shot to get the team a leg up and he's failed there. Hard to blame a guy with a 2.50 GAA, but these games are being decided by 1 or 2 goals. You just can't afford to fall behind early...Rask clearly failed last year when it counted, so again, it doesn't matter who is in the net the rest of this series. At least with Tuuka, maybe there's a chance the lightbulb comes on and he brings out some of the play that allowed him to go No. 1 last year. He showed some signs in a few late season games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

TT has given up 1 ONE good goal to these eyes this series.
    4 that I consider soft.

Plus, Rask in goal is ONE of the many shakeup option that could help this team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Wrong, I love TT but he gave up a bad goal in game 1 that put the b's down 2-0 and he gave up a bad goal in game 2 that put the b's down 3-1.  Both at times when Boston was pushing for the tying goal.  Not good.

In Response to Rask callers shut the...:
    FUP. Unles Rask is going to go and tap in the rebounds he is of no use to us. Any idjut watching can see, the opportunities missed on the same opportunities the scabs are scoring on are there, they are not being finished by the B's and that is the difference. The brutal giveaways is killing us, plus the fact we have 1 freakin goal in 2 games, against a hardly tested price, other than trying to rub off his emblem on his shirt. So unless Rask can play D or score, he is of no use.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Rask callers shut the...:
    I am not a Rask lover, and I do favor Thomas. But with that said, I really don't care if they start Rask in game 3. The reason is that Thomas has been sloppy on the rebounds. He gave up a bad 2nd goal in game 1, and he gave up 2 really poor rebounds in game 2. Thomas is/was the Vezina Trophy winner this season, no question. But he isn't translating his M.O. -- stealing games -- to the playoffs. To be behind 2-0 only a few minutes into a game is inexcusable and it is the goalie who has to take some brunt of that blame. Rask is similar to Price in style. If that is what it takes to keep Montreal from scoring, then so be it. Thomas was given his shot to get the team a leg up and he's failed there. Hard to blame a guy with a 2.50 GAA, but these games are being decided by 1 or 2 goals. You just can't afford to fall behind early...Rask clearly failed last year when it counted, so again, it doesn't matter who is in the net the rest of this series. At least with Tuuka, maybe there's a chance the lightbulb comes on and he brings out some of the play that allowed him to go No. 1 last year. He showed some signs in a few late season games.
    Posted by dannycater

The worst part right now is that TT hasn't been asked to steal games so far.He's just been expected to make the easy saves and,whether it's nerves or something else,he's failing to do it.I'm all for starting TT if the goalie we saw all year long shows up.But if it's the TT that showed up for games 1 and 2,I'd rather take my chances with Rask.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

TT sucks vs the habs how many more games do you need to understand that!  it is the same game after game.  If the Bruins have an once of a chance to comeback it will be with Rask!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

For whatever reason the B's seem to get Dr.Thomas in the regular season and Mr.Timmy in the playoffs. I would make a move to Rask if for no other reason than to shake the team up. Who knows, if the B's can sneak a win in the first game in Montreal it might spark something.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The fact remains that TT is 0-2 with a pi** poor save percentage, let in early goals in both games, and has not made the big save when needed. He is not the sole problem but putting in Rask can not hurt. This is the reason we have two top-line tenders. If one is not getting it done the other can go in...

Actually, I would have rather CJ put Rask in the second period last night as a message to the team and have TT start on Monday. If that would not wake them up then nothing will....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

TT has given up 1 ONE good goal to these eyes this series. 4 that I consider soft. Plus, Rask in goal is ONE of the many shakeup option that could help this team. Posted by BadHabitude

Lucic handed the puck to Gomez in Game one who then handed it to a sniper Gionta for a onetimer that's Thomas's fault ? I count 3 goals on Johhny Boychuk back checking at least 2 of them after #55s errant pass led to the odd man break.

Sorry BadHab you're looking at the wrong suspects. Montreal have been cleaning up all of Price's rebounds Bruins defense has not...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

The B's have lost 2-0 and 3-1 and we want to change the goalie? Anyone who subscribes to this theory is an uneducated hockey fan. I agree with that a change has to be made, thats obvious, I'd start with changing the way they have played. Stop trying to run Subban and everyone through the boards and play hockey. Start trying to create offensive oppurtunities. They have overdone it with the physical part to the point where it has taken THEM off of their game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The B's have lost 2-0 and 3-1 and we want to change the goalie? Anyone who subscribes to this theory is an uneducated hockey fan. I agree with that a change has to be made, thats obvious, I'd start with changing the way they have played. Stop trying to run Subban and everyone through the boards and play hockey. Start trying to create offensive oppurtunities. They have overdone it with the physical part to the point where it has taken THEM off of their game.
    Posted by kelvana33

TT: 0-2 Save% .891. Let in a goal in the first minute in both games. Yep, he is doing terrific!! Would not want to give last year's playoff starter a crack at it would we? Yes TT had a terrific regular season and will likely win the Vezina but these accomplishments mean absolutely nothing in the playoffs do they?

For the record, I am not a TT hater nor do I blame him solely for the horrible 0-2 start to the series but we need a game changer and we have one sitting on the bench. Carolina did it in 2007. Started with  Gerber who was their #1. He was less than overwhelming in his first 2 games. Cam Ward goes in game 3 and eventually wins the Conn Smythe.

Yes, the team is not scoring. When this happens we need a goalie to steal a game for us.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Price puts the rebounds to the corner, TT puts them to the front of the net.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Rask callers shut the... : TT: 0-2 Save% .891. Let in a goal in the first minute in both games. Yep, he is doing terrific!! Would not want to give last year's playoff starter a crack at it would we? Yes TT had a terrific regular season and will likely win the Vezina but these accomplishments mean absolutely nothing in the playoffs do they? For the record, I am not a TT hater nor do I blame him solely for the horrible 0-2 start to the series but we need a game changer and we have one sitting on the bench. Carolina did it in 2007. Started with  Gerber who was their #1. He was less than overwhelming in his first 2 games. Cam Ward goes in game 3 and eventually wins the Conn Smythe. Yes, the team is not scoring. When this happens we need a goalie to steal a game for us.....
    Posted by jmwalters

If I'm looking to make a change to help my team, instead of looking to the corner of the bench I'd be looking up at the press box. Score first and take the Habs out of their game plan.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rinkratpicks. Show rinkratpicks's posts

Don Cherry said Thomas wasn't ready after seeing him in the pregame warmups in Game 1 and he was right. This was his quote from coaches corner last night, and I think he's bang on.

“I said going into the first (game), he doesn’t look ready. He looks loosey-goosey laughing and stuff like that,” said Hockey Night in Canada’s Don Cherry. “Get (Thomas) out of there, put (Rask) in, but you’ve got to have the guts to do something like that.

“He hasn’t played in a while, but I’m tell you this here guy (Thomas) is a guesser. When guesser’s are zinging, they’re on. But when they’re zigging and zagging, and that’s what he’s doing right now, get him out.”

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Rask callers shut the... : If I'm looking to make a change to help my team, instead of looking to the corner of the bench I'd be looking up at the press box. Score first and take the Habs out of their game plan.
    Posted by kelvana33

Scoring first would be a novel idea. Lets see how the Habs game plan works out when they are playing from behind. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Rask callers shut the... : If I'm looking to make a change to help my team, instead of looking to the corner of the bench I'd be looking up at the press box. Score first and take the Habs out of their game plan.
    Posted by kelvana33

I do agree with that. But sometimes the more dramatic the change the more influential it is. This is why I go for Rask. I have faith that he is a top-line tender so there will be little drop in quality and to take out the likely Vezina winner is a big statement. Besides, it is not as if TT can't go back in if Tukka is playing like "playoff Thomas" anyway....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by kelvana33

Kel,the early goals were back breakers.Score first is a great idea if we weren't down 1-0 after 2 shots both games.You're right,the team hasn't scored and many changes should be made.I think sitting TT might shame a  better effort out of some guys.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Rask callers shut the... : Lucic handed the puck to Gomez in Game one who then handed it to a sniper Gionta for a onetimer that's Thomas's fault ? I count 3 goals on Johhny Boychuk back checking at least 2 of them after #55s errant pass led to the odd man break. Sorry BadHab you're looking at the wrong suspects. Montreal have been cleaning up all of Price's rebounds Bruins defense has not...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

C'mon Sdog.Gomez made a drop pass to Gionta who took 2 strides and scored from a terrible angle.I'd give TT more of a pass if the puck got by him instead of through him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Rask callers shut the... : C'mon Sdog.Gomez made a drop pass to Gionta who took 2 strides and scored from a terrible angle.I'd give TT more of a pass if the puck got by him instead of through him.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Exactly, an unscreened slapper from a 5' 5" forward in a 1 goal game ? Unacceptable.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

They can't trust floppy and even Clod knows that. He is no playoff goalie.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Team scores 1 goal in 2 games and the goalie gets blamed. The only goal of this series i can maybe question TT on is the second Gionta goal in game 1. A rusty Rask is going to change that? Thats about as fair to him as blaming TT. I love Tuuka but unless he can help out on the power play, which is absolutley DESTROYING this team leave him where he is.

Sections
Shortcuts