Rask callers shut the...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Re: Rask callers shut the...

No one wants FLOPPY. So the B's will be eating this contract again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

After his poor showing in the playoffs i think you are right!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Another thing that the TT lovers should explain is how come the Bruins got no takers for TT at the beginning of the season when they wanted to get rid of him if he is so good!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Rask callers shut the...:
    Another thing that the TT lovers should explain is how come the Bruins got no takers for TT at the beginning of the season when they wanted to get rid of him if he is so good!!
    Posted by lucaooo

2 vezinas in 3 years.  how many has your boy price won?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

And for your info Price is the reason why the Habs are winning and TT is the reason why the Bruins are losing!!
    Posted by lucaooo

Right .... has nothing to do with the fact that we have scored only 1 goal in 2 games.....

None of our goalies have played stellar against the Habs this year (Rask's last game against them was a 4-0 loss with some rebounds that were just as bad as Thomas' Saturday night).  Our defense hasn't helped either of our goalies out this year too many times, if they don't stand on their heads, more often than not the Bruin's are in trouble. 

Not sure how Rask would be if you throw him in against Montreal in Montreal after not playing in a little over a week.  I'm to the point where I think he might have some early issues settling in as well (I know he always gets into his groove as the game goes on but can we risk him starting off even more rusty/shaky than Thomas?)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I am sure no team would want a 2-time Vezina Trophy winner?

Get real guys, TT has not been sharp, I'll give you that, but the Bruins have scored 1 goal in 2 games.  The issue is lack of scoring, no finish.  If Tuukka can score goals, then skate him on the PP, otherwise, I'll take the Vezina Trophy guy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

Posted by lucaooo

Bruins can want to get rid of him as much as they want. Heck they can have a deal in place.

Thomas can say "no thanks" due to his no trade/movement clause as much as he wants ...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

If this team can't come back from an early 1 goal deficit, then they are too fragile to win anything this year.  They should ride the TT express until his wheels come off, he gives them their best chance of winning.
    Posted by Crowls2424

Crowls,I'm all for TT getting us back in this series but it's bigger than being too fragile to overcome an early deficit.It'd just be nice to have the entire team play a shift without being already behind on the scoreboard.whatever goalie makes that happen is fine by me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

I'm just flat out tired of everyone using his regular season as reason to put him on a pedestal. He is always out of position and rarely ready and set for whatever is coming. His miraculous saves are a product of him being caught out of position. If Rask would have gotten goal support this year his confidence could have blossomed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

The B's have lost 2-0 and 3-1 and we want to change the goalie? Anyone who subscribes to this theory is an uneducated hockey fan. I agree with that a change has to be made, thats obvious, I'd start with changing the way they have played. Stop trying to run Subban and everyone through the boards and play hockey. Start trying to create offensive oppurtunities. They have overdone it with the physical part to the point where it has taken THEM off of their game.
    Posted by kelvana33

This is right on! One thing I hate seeing is who told Lucic he was a finesse player? What's with these one on one moves he's trying to do? Tell me where on video has Looch scored a goal in this fashion?
    Right now the B's are beating themselves & allowing Montreal to use Boston's strengths against them. Instead of Boston scaring the Canadiens; it's them scaring the Bruin defense with their speed. They're rushing, they're not thinking & if TT continues to allow Montreal to score the first goal? This will be a sweep!

You can't take TT out of there! He's the number one goalie & those of you who are saying Rask can't do any worse? Yes you can. THIS SEASON Thomas was better, you need to stick with you're best! You're not going to take Lucic out for Seguin are you? Even though Lucic is playing his worst hockey of his career right now!

Yes a shakeup is needed, but that shakeup needs to come from the players! Not the coaches. I don't like CJ as a coach, but I will tell you this! With the system that this coaching staff has been teaching constantly since CJ has been here? NOT one part of it has ANYTHING to do with the number of turnovers this team is doing! Ference of all people, Seids is a d-man who's constantly making rookie mistakes! They're playing inspired & with emotion & that's great, but they seem to be in panic mode! They have the team to turn it around & if they can score the first goal in the next two games! That will be the shake up they need! That will make this series tied 2-2 coming back to Boston.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Rask callers shut the... : This is right on! One thing I hate seeing is who told Lucic he was a finesse player? What's with these one on one moves he's trying to do? Tell me where on video has Looch scored a goal in this fashion? Right now the B's are beating themselves & allowing Montreal to use Boston's strengths against them. Instead of Boston scaring the Canadiens; it's them scaring the Bruin defense with their speed. They're rushing, they're not thinking & if TT continues to allow Montreal to score the first goal? This will be a sweep! You can't take TT out of there! He's the number one goalie & those of you who are saying Rask can't do any worse? Yes you can. THIS SEASON Thomas was better, you need to stick with you're best! You're not going to take Lucic out for Seguin are you? Even though Lucic is playing his worst hockey of his career right now! Yes a shakeup is needed, but that shakeup needs to come from the players! Not the coaches. I don't like CJ as a coach, but I will tell you this! With the system that this coaching staff has been teaching constantly since CJ has been here? NOT one part of it has ANYTHING to do with the number of turnovers this team is doing! Ference of all people, Seids is a d-man who's constantly making rookie mistakes! They're playing inspired & with emotion & that's great, but they seem to be in panic mode! They have the team to turn it around & if they can score the first goal in the next two games! That will be the shake up they need! That will make this series tied 2-2 coming back to Boston.
    Posted by nitemare-38

If TT plays and "continues to allow the 1st goal",it'd be too late to pull him then.My only thoughts on sitting the Vezina winner is  is a possibility of shaming the team into playing better.Desperate times call for desperate measures.Not just sticking with the status quo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

These are men! You don't shame them into anything! They either do it, or don't! Right now they should feel enough shame into how they're playing! Changing goalie's isnt going to make this team play better. They have to want it more than the Canadiens & right now they don't!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

In Response to Re: Rask callers shut the... : This is right on! One thing I hate seeing is who told Lucic he was a finesse player? What's with these one on one moves he's trying to do? Tell me where on video has Looch scored a goal in this fashion? Right now the B's are beating themselves & allowing Montreal to use Boston's strengths against them. Instead of Boston scaring the Canadiens; it's them scaring the Bruin defense with their speed. They're rushing, they're not thinking & if TT continues to allow Montreal to score the first goal? This will be a sweep! You can't take TT out of there! He's the number one goalie & those of you who are saying Rask can't do any worse? Yes you can. THIS SEASON Thomas was better, you need to stick with you're best! You're not going to take Lucic out for Seguin are you? Even though Lucic is playing his worst hockey of his career right now! Yes a shakeup is needed, but that shakeup needs to come from the players! Not the coaches. I don't like CJ as a coach, but I will tell you this! With the system that this coaching staff has been teaching constantly since CJ has been here? NOT one part of it has ANYTHING to do with the number of turnovers this team is doing! Ference of all people, Seids is a d-man who's constantly making rookie mistakes! They're playing inspired & with emotion & that's great, but they seem to be in panic mode! They have the team to turn it around & if they can score the first goal in the next two games! That will be the shake up they need! That will make this series tied 2-2 coming back to Boston.
    Posted by nitemare-38

Rask was considerably better than Thomas last season. Your gonna tell me that CJ made the right decision of leaving Rask in there for games 5-7 against us? It's not necessarily about whos better. This current lineup clearly isnt working for the Bruins, and I believe putting in Rask is a spark that Boston could use.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

The only argument that TT lovers have is the regular season stats.  But in reality the good GM know that he cannot deliver in the playoffs.  That's why they don't have anything to answer to the fact that no team wanted him last summer.  And if they would tell me it's because he had a brutal season the year before i would tell them that Price too had an horrible season the year before and peeps in mtl wanted to keep Halak but the Habs got so many offers for Price...in fact the Flyers where willing to give Carter.  Do you TT lovers think that we would get a guy like Carter for TT.  I will answer for you NO!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Rask callers shut the... : Rask was considerably better than Thomas last season. Your gonna tell me that CJ made the right decision of leaving Rask in there for games 5-7 against us? It's not necessarily about whos better. This current lineup clearly isnt working for the Bruins, and I believe putting in Rask is a spark that Boston could use.
    Posted by orangecrush28

If you need it explained to you that there's a HUGE difference between having a Vezina trophy winner replace a tired 23 yr old, then the other way around then you obviously don't know much to begin with. Putting in a goalie that got shell shocked for 90% of his starts this season is NOT likely going to spark this team! It could make them even worse! 
    This is a break down of goal support for each goalie! Yet you think Rask is going to create this wonderful spark! 

The difference is that Thomas has received 3+ goals in 55% of his starts, 2 goals in 27% and 0-1 goals in 18%. Rask has received 3+ goals in 42% of his starts, 2 goals in 25% of his starts and 0-1 goals in a whopping 33% of his starts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

The only argument that TT lovers have is the regular season stats.  But in reality the good GM know that he cannot deliver in the playoffs.  That's why they don't have anything to answer to the fact that no team wanted him last summer.  And if they would tell me it's because he had a brutal season the year before i would tell them that Price too had an horrible season the year before and peeps in mtl wanted to keep Halak but the Habs got so many offers for Price...in fact the Flyers where willing to give Carter.  Do you TT lovers think that we would get a guy like Carter for TT.  I will answer for you NO!!
    Posted by lucaooo

Hey TT hater!!! Show me where this was fact!
    Rask record against the habs is 2-5! That is a fact.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

In Response to Re: Rask callers shut the... : If you need it explained to you that there's a HUGE difference between having a Vezina trophy winner replace a tired 23 yr old, then the other way around then you obviously don't know much to begin with. Putting in a goalie that got shell shocked for 90% of his starts this season is NOT likely going to spark this team! It could make them even worse!   
    Posted by nitemare-38

Maybe i should remind you that Dryden did it to the Bruins.  More recently Cam Ward came in cold with no experience and Carolina beated the Canadiens on their way to win the Stanley Cup.  It has been done before and it will be done again only coach and fans with the old mentality don't understand that and we saw how many cups the Bruins have won with the old mentality.  Time for a change it is now or never!!  I have faith in Cam Neely and i am sure he will tell Julien to put Rask tomorrow night!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Rask callers shut the... : Maybe i should remind you that Dryden did it to the Bruins.  More recently Cam Ward came in cold with no experience and Carolina beated the Canadiens on their way to win the Stanley Cup.  It has been done before and it will be done again only coach and fans with the old mentality don't understand that and we saw how many cups the Bruins have won with the old mentality.  Time for a change it is now or never!!  I have faith in Cam Neely and i am sure he will tell Julien to put Rask tomorrow night!!
    Posted by lucaooo

LMAO! Rask is No Kenny Dryden & he's no Cam Ward yet either! It's much easier to replace a Martin Gerber with a Cam Ward! Comon; give your head a shake here!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Rask callers shut the... : LMAO! Rask is No Kenny Dryden & he's no Cam Ward yet either! It's much easier to replace a Martin Gerber with a Cam Ward! Comon; give your head a shake here!
    Posted by nitemare-38

Nite-TT's upcoming Vezina doesn't change the fact he's sporting an .891 so far in the playoffs.I'm all for having TT find his game but replacing him with Rask isn't as crazy as you're making it out to be.Whoever will get the job done.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

In Response to Re: Rask callers shut the... : Nite-TT's upcoming Vezina doesn't change the fact he's sporting an .891 so far in the playoffs.I'm all for having TT find his game but replacing him with Rask isn't as crazy as you're making it out to be.Whoever will get the job done.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Dez I almost always agree with your posts. You know your stuff. But to point out Thomas' save percentage and not attribute any of that to the obvious implosion of the Bruins defense is libel. Come on man.
    Go B's!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

In Response to Re: Rask callers shut the... : Hey TT hater!!! Show me where this was fact! Rask record against the habs is 2-5! That is a fact.
    Posted by nitemare-38

Again with the regular seasons stats! I will use your same lame excuse it has to be a team effort.  First Rask game vs the Habs(last year) was a shut out!  But like i said regular season meanigless stat!!  Try Rask until the habs take the lead in the game and then let's put back TT in the net.  We'll if that happens!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Rask callers shut the... : Dez I almost always agree with your posts. You know your stuff. But to point out Thomas' save percentage and not attribute any of that to the obvious implosion of the Bruins defense is libel. Come on man. Go B's!!
    Posted by Sportsnutty

Hey,I know the whole team needs to improve or it's over.It's all got to start somewhere so I'm expecting more from our star goaltender.A couple of big saves can give some momentum.Boston had some after TT's save on the Plekanec breakaway,only to see it evaporate after Montreal's 3rd goal.I know what TT is capable of.I just want to see him do it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

If this team goes down 3-0. I might agree with putting Rask in, but in 08 & 09 they were down 3-1 in the series & BOTH times they stuck with TT & they tied the series. His game came around so did the B's.
    CJ knows his job is on the line. If he replaces TT with a Rask for game 3 & the B's lose because of a weak goal? It's worse for him. If he loses with TT in the net & TT allows a weak goal. CJ can't be blamed for that.
    Andy Moog allowed a lot of bad goals when he was Bruin too & with the exception of 88' & in one game in 93' they always came back to him. He wasn't a vezina winner. TT isn't on his game, but neither is the rest of the team. You gotta just hope the B's stop with the stupidity & come out of it!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Rask callers shut the... : Again with the regular seasons stats! I will use your same lame excuse it has to be a team effort.  First Rask game vs the Habs(last year) was a shut out!  But like i said regular season meanigless stat!!  Try Rask until the habs take the lead in the game and then let's put back TT in the net.  We'll if that happens!!
    Posted by lucaooo

you want playoff stats.
    tt playoff stats entering this series:
    gaa 2.16
    sv pct .926

Sections
Shortcuts