Rask cannot hold leads.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Re: Rask cannot hold leads.

Guys, whether you like it or not, the OP does have a point.  It seems that Rask loses a LOT of games where his team gets ahead.  He gave up 3 leads last night.  Thats a LOT to give away, and I can recall a few games this year that were very similar to last nights in that respect.  I dont have the time or desire to track them down (Im sure someone can) but Id like to see how many times Rask has given up leads only to lose (last nights being 3 times).  Fact of the matter is Rask does blow leads, often many times over.  He made some great saves last night, yes, but on the break away he put himself out of position just like in the previous game, it was NOT the defenses fault that they couldnt make the save when he was laying on the ice ten feet away from the net barely trying to get back. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Ask and ye shall receive.  I just went through Rask's losses, and last night was the third time this season he has given up a lead and ended up losing.  In every other loss, the other team took the lead and either never looked back, or never let the Bruins take a lead.

He gave up a lead three times last night, twice against the Sabres Jan 20th, and twice against the Sabres on Dec 15th.  That accounts for 7 of the 8 times all season long he has given up a tying goal.  Looks like the real problem he has is holding the lead against the Sabres.

I'm sorry, the OPs point just isn't backed up by events this season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

T seem to recall TT coughing up leads in his last games as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wboi92287. Show wboi92287's posts

are people too dumb to see that the defense in front of him is horrendous, allowing 35+ shots a night, w/o tuukka last night is a blowout

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Rask cannot hold leads.:
    [QUOTE]Guys, whether you like it or not, the OP does have a point.  It seems that Rask loses a LOT of games where his team gets ahead.  He gave up 3 leads last night.  Thats a LOT to give away, and I can recall a few games this year that were very similar to last nights in that respect.  I dont have the time or desire to track them down (Im sure someone can) but Id like to see how many times Rask has given up leads only to lose (last nights being 3 times).  Fact of the matter is Rask does blow leads, often many times over.  He made some great saves last night, yes, but on the break away he put himself out of position just like in the previous game, it was NOT the defenses fault that they couldnt make the save when he was laying on the ice ten feet away from the net barely trying to get back. 
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]
    Let me get this straight.You're saying he put himself out of position on the breakaway?Was this because he was tracking the puck while making 2 saves or something else?Armchair QB's are bad enough but the armchair goaltenders on this forum crack me up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

Rask kept them in the last two games.  Whether you think Thomas is the second coming of Dryden, doesn't matter.  This Tuukka and Timmy hating is hilarious.
    Sometimes that puck is travelling at .001 mph and is as big as a beach ball.  Other times its travelling 500 mph and is the size of pebble.  The top thing you can ask for in a goalie is consistency. Make the saves you're supposed to and maybe steal a few you aren't.  Both these guys have delivered this year.  It's like winning Powerball but complaining Megabucks never pays out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Rask kept them in the last two games.  Whether you think Thomas is the second coming of Dryden, doesn't matter.  This Tuukka and Timmy hating is hilarious. Sometimes that puck is travelling at .001 mph and is as big as a beach ball.  Other times its travelling 500 mph and is the size of pebble.  The top thing you can ask for in a goalie is consistency. Make the saves you're supposed to and maybe steal a few you aren't.  Both these guys have delivered this year.  It's like winning Powerball but complaining Megabucks never pays out.
    Posted by Babajingo[/QUOTE]
    Well said.I can't figure out why some people have trouble liking TT and Rask at the same time.As a Bruins fan,I think they're both great.There's no other team in the league that has goaltending depth like they have in Boston.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask cannot hold leads. : Well said.I can't figure out why some people have trouble liking TT and Rask at the same time.As a Bruins fan,I think they're both great.There's no other team in the league that has goaltending depth like they have in Boston.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

That is 100% true, but come playoff time one of them has to deliver and be CLUTCH. That is the big question. If we go on regular season stats then TT is our man.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

Did you watch the game or just read the score. Without several unbelievable saves by Tuukka , that game is a runaway for Nashville. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask cannot hold leads. : but TT does not have the same team ahead of him, Price lost 5 of his regulars Dmen... and still win .. he's almost the reason why his team would be in the play off...
    Posted by Greatseason[/QUOTE]

Speaking of 5's...

5 goals allowed on 12 shots tonight for Price = 1st period hook

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask cannot hold leads. : Speaking of 5's... 5 goals allowed on 12 shots tonight for Price = 1st period hook
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Yes how's that for the MVP!!

15. This post has been removed.