Rask Contract

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Rask Contract

In response to red75's comment:

I was trying to find comparables but no goalie of similar skill has been signed since the new CBA.

Price is close enough but hasn't had the same success as Rask and to me has under achieved.

His Caphit is 6.5M for 6 years.  I'm going with something close to this but not below 6M.

@Crowls LOL ... LIL-NAS

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

quick won the cup the year before becoming a pending RFA, having been a starter for 4 seasons (he even played 72 games in one season) and got a 10 year 58 million dollar deal. Problem is there is no way to tell how the cap going down will effect these negotiations

Problem with Quick as a benchmark is he signed prior to the new eight-year limit for re-signing that Rask will be under. Shorter term may mean a higher per annum cap hit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Rask is an elite goaltender.  He will be paid elite goaltender money.  He took the one year deal to prove his skills.  I'd say he has.

I totally agree with u, if he had signed a multi-year contract before this season he would be underpaid. now that he prove what he can do he will have much more money, not signing a big deal last year was smart Tuukka.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to red75's comment:

quick won the cup the year before becoming a pending RFA, having been a starter for 4 seasons (he even played 72 games in one season) and got a 10 year 58 million dollar deal. Problem is there is no way to tell how the cap going down will effect these negotiations

Problem with Quick as a benchmark is he signed prior to the new eight-year limit for re-signing that Rask will be under. Shorter term may mean a higher per annum cap hit.

Great point Red.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Is Bill Zito still Rask's agent ? Thought I read that he had both Rask and Timmy. If so NAS could be right on the money.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In addition to what Red pointed out, I also want to remind people of Alexander Semin.  Five years, $35M.  I don't think the cap going down is going to reduce salaries handed out much.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

In addition to what Red pointed out, I also want to remind people of Alexander Semin.  Five years, $35M.  I don't think the cap going down is going to reduce salaries handed out much.

Top guys will still get paid.  I don't think you'll see third liners making what Peverley and Kelly are making.  They'll feel the sting the most. (I THINK)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

he hasn't played more than 45 games in an NHL season yet. He has been fantastic and I have every faith in him, but I don't think he's going to get paid as a top 5 goaltender until he has a full season under his belt. If I were him, I'd want to sign for 1-2 years at around 5-5.5 mill

Yep, no way they give him much more than TT made.

5-5.5 is where it will be. I could see him taking 4.75, if the cap has anything to do with it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Tukka's  value keeps going up by each game the Bruins win in the playoffs....

if Howard signed for $6M per than Tukka is pretty assured of getting that type of coin....$6M-5years/ $30 M sounds about right....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I don't see him signing for 5-6 years. 

3 yr deal @ $6 million.

He'll view signing for "Howard" money as giving a hometown discount.

With Bark and Krug proving themselves, Bs can get a cheap replacement for Ference. Call up Spooner, resign Horton for cheap ($2-3 mil), done. Bs are set up well.

Sections
Shortcuts