Rask Finally Snapping Out of the Funk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Rask Finally Snapping Out of the Funk

Tuuka played like a winner v. Ottawa. He built on his Isles performance and had some brilliant saves, including a tough one off his mask. I often said I wished the team would have gotten a 3rd goalie, but the B's showed their patience in him, and he is responding. Brave to Tuuka for 2 wins in 2 days....It rested Thomas and it gives Julien the greenlight to go to Tuuka anytime during any stretch. Now the Thomas fans and the Rask fans can feel good about the goaltending situation. It's back to being a tandem.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Re: Rask Finally Snapping Out of the Funk

He looked really good against Ottawa and I hope it continues.  Rask and Thomas being able to split time down the stretch would benefit both goalies.  Though you are over-reacting here, it was one good start, probably only his second good start of the season.  He still has some blatant flaws in his game he needs to work on like going down in the butterfly too early, a tendency to stay too deep in the net when he doesn't have to, below average reflexes, ect...  If he can string 3+ good starts in a row, then maybe I will jump on board and feel confident with him in net, but definitely not yet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Means very little if the defense in front of our goalies don't tighten things up... goals against has been hideous lately (and I won't even go into our PK!)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Is Rask playing better, or did the last two teams (which every knows are awful) do a bad job at scoring?    I still see him on his knees way too much, even in those games.  The top 1/3 of the net is free for the sniping to any good shooter.

I really want him to get better and be the next big thing, but I cannot say he's turning a corner just because the Sens and the Islanders can barely put the puck in the ocean.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Rask Finally Snapping Out of the Funk:
    [QUOTE]Is Rask playing better, or did the last two teams (which every knows are awful) do a bad job at scoring?    I still see him on his knees way too much, even in those games.  The top 1/3 of the net is free for the sniping to any good shooter. I really want him to get better and be the next big thing, but I cannot say he's turning a corner just because the Sens and the Islanders can barely put the puck in the ocean.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I disagree and don't think the TT we've seen lately would've done any better.We all wanted to see Rask get some results.Let's see it as a positive.I mean he was 1st star last game and 2nd the game before.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask Finally Snapping Out of the Funk : I disagree and don't thing the TT we've seen lately would've done any better.We all wanted to see Rask get some results.Let's see it as a positive.I mean he was 1st star last game and 2nd the game before.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I'm happy that the team won.  I'm talking about his approach and style.  He's on his knees way too much and the better scoring teams know that.  A tremendous amount of shots hit him.  Was it due to great positioning or poor shooting?  Ottawa is the lowest scoring team in the league.  Everyone knows NYI is a joke (not including Tavares who picked the top shelf).  Before I decide that I'm comfortable with Rask (which makes no difference to anything in this world), I want to see him stop some pucks against teams that aren't the 2nd and 3rd worst teams in the NHL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask Finally Snapping Out of the Funk : I'm happy that the team won.  I'm talking about his approach and style.  He's on his knees way too much and the better scoring teams know that.  A tremendous amount of shots hit him.  Was it due to great positioning or poor shooting?  Ottawa is the lowest scoring team in the league.  Everyone knows NYI is a joke (not including Tavares who picked the top shelf).  Before I decide that I'm comfortable with Rask (which makes no difference to anything in this world), I want to see him stop some pucks against teams that aren't the 2nd and 3rd worst teams in the NHL.
    We may get a better indication of where he's at if he gets some more starts on this road swing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Wellah Tuukka plays more he gets sharper you don't play Rask he doesn't stay sharp. Today I'd take Rask in a seven game series against Miller again.

Still odd that the Bruins are playing in front of Tuukka this year the way they played in front of Thomas last year confusing to say the least.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

You have to figure Thomas goes in Calgary and then the front end of  the back to  back, with Rask taking the second of the two.

Backup goalie is really difficult, in my opinion.   9/10 goalies like to get a rhythm and see a lot of pucks.

Rask doesn't have that luxury and the team D has been suspect the last 2-3 weeks anyway.

He's fine.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

I don't think Rask has turned the corner yet but at least he proved he can be a capable backup.For awhile it was looking like he couldn't even handle limited backup duty against inferior teams.I am cautiously optimistic about him but for this year ,anyway Thomas is clearly the no.1.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask Finally Snapping Out of the Funk : I'm happy that the team won.  I'm talking about his approach and style.  He's on his knees way too much and the better scoring teams know that.  A tremendous amount of shots hit him.  Was it due to great positioning or poor shooting?  Ottawa is the lowest scoring team in the league.  Everyone knows NYI is a joke (not including Tavares who picked the top shelf).  Before I decide that I'm comfortable with Rask (which makes no difference to anything in this world), I want to see him stop some pucks against teams that aren't the 2nd and 3rd worst teams in the NHL.

It is useless trying to talk common sense into dezaruchi.  He is Rask's biggest cheerleader, and thinks anyone who has constructive criticism about his goaltending is just a hater with some kind of malevolent agenda against Rask.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask Finally Snapping Out of the Funk : It is useless trying to talk common sense into dezaruchi.  He is Rask's biggest cheerleader, and thinks anyone who has constructive criticism about his goaltending is just a hater with some kind of malevolent agenda against Rask.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]
    Good thing you showed up to mediate.Me and NAS were really going at it there.Thanks for your solid addition to the thread.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Not so sure rask was in a funk. i do know from what i watched the team seem to play poorly in front of him.Other than the Bertuzzi goal last week hard to fault him on much. Great goaltender who will be relied on and will respond.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Not so sure rask was in a funk. i do know from what i watched the team seem to play poorly in front of him.Other than the Bertuzzi goal last week hard to fault him on much. Great goaltender who will be relied on and will respond.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Looking at his stats and the goals that have beaten him, I'd say he's been in a funk.  He's been lazy, slow to react, slow to get into position, cheating off the post, slow to get to the post...you name it, he's been there this season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I'd say the funk comes from not playing! Also, you have to think last yrs loss has played in his mind. Although in his last two starts his movement around the net was much better. Although being a goalie critique. I do notice there's times that he's turning his body completely sideways. For a goalie that his game is technically sound & body position. I find this strange. The guy has been smacked a total of 10 x this season to TT's 2. Today's mask is awesome & can take amazing punishment! It still can make you a little puck shy, because it still hurts like a mother to get hit there. Including a 10 min constant "Will somebody please answer the freakin phone!" ringing in your ears! So maybe that may have something to do with the movement sideways.

Sections
Shortcuts