Rask for Parise?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Rask for Parise?

In Response to Re: Rask for Parise?:
    [QUOTE]The most important question that noone is considering is, does Rask want to stay? Would I like Parise on this current B's team and have him ride shotgun for Seguin for the next 5-7 years? Hells yes! Do I like having Tuukka as our 1c goaltender? You get another "Hells yes!" from the congregation. Point: I say 1c because that whole 1/1a cliche doesnt quite work here as Timmy is absolutely the starter and a much finer goaltender at this stage of the game. But... What everyone is missing here is this. What does Tuukka want? Does he want to be a starting goaltender today? Wait for it.. wait for it.. Hells yes! I know he is a restricted free agent at the end of the year, but in order for the Bruins to retain his rights, they have to be willing to give him a contract that would make it prohibitive for other teams to make him an offer sheet.  According to this years collective bargaining agreement the compensation for a contract offer of over $1,506,716 to $3,013,434 is MERELY a 2nd round pick. Absolutely a steal for a goaltender of Rasks ability. Over $3,013,434 to $4,520,150 is a 1st and a 3rd. Still worth it for Rask? Maybe, for a team in desperate need of a goalie. So the HUGE question is, does Rask want to stay and sign a contract BEFORE he becomes a RFA.
    Posted by Sportsnutty[/QUOTE]

of course Rask wants to start. I agree bruins would match any offer, simply because they know what a good goalie means.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

it makes no sense to pay wingers big big money. it doesn't work.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Keep Rask. Unless the player coming back answers to 'Sidney'.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The story of Milt Schmidt going to Oshawa to see another player but was blown away by a fella named Orr is a common story amongst all scouts in all sports, Mike Brito goes to Mexico to see a shortstop but discovers Fernando Valenzuela this is also very common amongst college recruiters as well.

With MOC for example was the mistake he admits selecting Martin Samuleson in 2000, he was advised not to take the sludge for some reason, we now know why. The difference in the mid 2000s O'Connell said he never even thought of Tim Thomas until one of his Euro scouts said that this kid has made the turn. In making the mistake of not listening to his scouts in 2000 now MOC makes the decision to draft Bergeron, Krejci and Lucic no matter who the scout was sent to look at in the first place because his scouts have now told MOC not to pass on these guys if they are available.

Some of your points Book are like a Raven fan telling me Chuck Knoll got lucky drafting Webster, Swann, Bradshaw, Stalworth, Ham, Blount and Lambert from 70' to 74' or a Flame fan telling me the Oilers got lucky drafting all their great players in the late 70s early 80s.

I can't imagine Gorton drawing Tuukka's name out of a hat without any advice or scouting and this will be his center piece of his resume when he eventually takes over an NHL team more than likelty staying in NY. My assumption is that Spooner, Sauve, Knight, Colborne and KoKo will be thriving somewhere in the NHL at some point, so the answer is No I have no problem with Chiarelli wanting his own staff in place and sending MOCs staff packing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccoul. Show ccoul's posts

Please include Poulliot in any possible deal or just get rid of him. He nearly cost the game twice against the Habs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

A nine game win streak, and people are still coming up with trade ideas?
    Right now, the bruins are a cup contender. If Rask were to be traded for Parise (not a chance), and TT got hurt, the bruins are not only, no longer cup contenders, they may not make the playoffs.
    Also, there would not be enough ice time for Parise, Marchand, and Lucic, at LW, but in a realistic trade proposal, Lucic or Marchand would probably be included in a deal for Parise, so I guess that solves that problem.
    The bruins just won a cup with a team based on balance, depth, and playing a structured system.
    Why mess with what works?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If you're saying O'Connell learned from his mistakes, please explain trading down for Mark Stuart instead of taking Getzlaf.  Sure, there had to be some recognition, but I think I'll believe in the tooth fairy before I'll believe O'Connell suddenly got smart.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Well at the low point MOC was the worst you could ever be as a GM with the Jumbo trade but if he doesn't listen to his scouts regarding Bergeron, Krejci and Lucic the Bruins are out of luck.

Maybe as the Kings Director of Pro Development and Prospects for the past 6 years MOC has had nothing to do with Bernier, Quick, Kopitar, Doughty, Johnson  and Brown or maybe he learned.

To answer your question in 2003 the Bruins had Rolston, Samsonov, Murray, Thornton, Axelsson, Knuble and Stumpel so maybe Mike thought he needed a defenseman :shoulder shrug: and there was this other kid the scouts said should be available at the #45 pick to develop.

You can look at it negatively or positively pretty easily in hindsight...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hindsight's a harsh mistress, Dog.  I find it difficult to fathom that luck wasn't a major factor, not just that he had success, but such a high degree of it, with those second round picks.

As for the Kings - no credit for Brown (2003), Kopitar or Quick (2005).  Johnson was a trade.  Doughty was a 2 overall, so at least they didn't blow it.  Toffoli in the 2nd round last year might eventually support your argument - kid can snipe - and they get some credit for Schenn even if they dealt him, and even if he hasn't shown he's the RotY candidate some thought he'd be right out of the gate (passed on the depth chart by Couturier!).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

The Bruins have absolutely gotten lucky. If you don't think so, you're out of your mind.
    Prior to the run of some good 2nd rounders starting in '03, they really had a BAD run in drafting.

It's funny, this whole conversation made me look at draft reviews from the past few years, and 2004 was particularly funny.

Krajci.
    Nuff said.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Parise is a dic*head. you don't want him in the Bruins locker room.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Look at the standings - why make any trades now?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I been talking about trading certain players and yes krejci was on my want list to trade but now I have a change of heart.

After watching Poulit performance against Mtl. I say trade him ( for a case of pea soup) or put him on waivers to Prov.. We have youth in Prov. waiting to shine Hamil played alright during his call up stint and Mcdermid,Suave deserves a change.

Lets focus on our recent streak and also we have a UFA to sign in the off season ie Krejci ? pending his wants and now Seguin is good for another season before contract talks the new kid town. Kelly and Paille the Bruins mngt. can sign for less 4 mill for both for a 2 yr. contract.

Next season Bruins looking healthy so far:

Marchand Bergeron ( ? maybe Parise as a UFA signing)
    Looch Seguin Horton
    Caron Kelly (must sign) Peverly
    Paille (must sign) Campbell (must sign) ( ? tootoo, rutuu, glass, slater, prust are UFA's  posible signings )

Chara Sieds Mcquiad Ference Kampfer ( Hamilton, Cohen, Bartowski ?)

Krejci will be RFA come summer trade potential then we can make a deal for a solid d man or consistent goal scorer.

Rask is a RFA that should be sign

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Rask for Parise?:[QUOTE] It's funny, this whole conversation made me look at draft reviews from the past few years, and 2004 was particularly funny. Krajci. Nuff said. Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]

Yah David Krejci was a pretty funny draft pick in 2004 so was his 23 points, 12 goals in 25 goals in 25 games in the Stanley Cup pretty hilarious!

@Book Yah I'm sure Don Sweeney didn't have anything to do with developing of players that were already in Boston when he was put in charge of Player Development. I'd personally need to hear that from Mark Stuart that Don wasn't a help. I guess poker players that always make it to the jackpot table are lucky as well :shoulder shrug:

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

After reading these ramblings, I'm wondering who left the door open?? Rask IS the Bruins future goalie, and don't expect Chiarelli to budge on that. Claude needs to give Rask more playing time as the year progresses. Timmy is having another stellar year, but his style is not easy on his body, particularly at his age. Chiarelli has been masterful at balancing the CAP, just look at Washington for the alternate of paying too many high priced guys. The forward lines are balanced and capable once they lose Pouliot, so Parise @ 7+ is not on the radar.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

"I guess poker players that always make it to the jackpot table are lucky as well :shoulder shrug"

This is the word we disagree about.  When it happens a few times among many, many times?  Luck. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Rask for Parise?:
    [QUOTE]Looking for the general consensus. If you were GM, would you trade Rask for Parise, straight up?
    Posted by MDsizzle[/QUOTE]

When making these trade proposals you have to look at them from the other teams perspective. Why would New Jersey trade there best player Parise for Rask?

I love Rask but you have to be realistic. Rask deserves a shot somewhere and if you get to the deadline & Rask has similar numbers to Thomas I would deal Thomas. Rask is younger and cheaper & will probably have similar numbers.

I am a firm believer that both Thomas & Rasks' numbers are a product of Julien`s defensive system. Both are very good goalies, but if you take Chara & this goalie friendly system which allows perimeter shots & everyone collapses to take care of the rebounds. Take that away and both come back to the pack some.

I think other teams realize this & will not overpay for either netminder not alone give up a player like Parise. If you watch the Bruins closely compared to other teams you realize how hard it is for teams to get scoring opportunities in close against the Bruins. They are airtight defensively in the scoring areas. They give up the perimeter shots but you have to work really hard to get a good scoring opportunity in close. They are tremendous defensively with 2 very good goalies but there numbers are more a reflection on a great `team defence`system.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

Didnt we just draft a russian goalie who is lighting it up in the russian elite league? Id do it...Id throw in Krecji too...been saying it for months. He is a RFA next season. Say Edmonton throws 7 a year at David...Id do Krecji/Rask for Parise and ride Thomas as long as he can...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

Apologies. His name is Lars Volden...heres the stats

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Nash Parise, Parise Nash.  What is it with people's obsession with these two?  I think trade speculation should move on to someone more exciting like Crosby.  No I would not trade for Parise. He's a good player, but the Bruins have Lucic and Marchand on left wing who are probably as good, maybe better and way cheaper.  There is no room in the lineup for Paise without moving one of them.  They are young, Thomas is old.  If the Bruins are going to have a spare at a position, it should be where the old guy is, which also happens to be your most important position.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

How would you not do this?  It won't happen straight up, if it does, check Lou's medication.

The majority of you wouldn't do it because Rask is the tender of the future when TT retires 3, 4 , 5 years from now?  So when Tuukka is in his late 20's we finally make him the #1, but in the meantime we pass on a 45 goal scorer who can play in tight checking games? 

OatesCam, you have the best avitars of any website, but Lucic AND Marchand are probably better than Parise?  Common man.

It's a mute point, no way we get Parise or Nash straight up Rask.

Sure would like krejci/L/H, Bergy/Seguin/Nash or Parise, Marchand with Kelly and Peverly, how would that look for depth and scoring with TT Z and Seidenberg anchoring the D end, yikes, I'll take 2 more cups with that team in exchange for future years of Tuukka (no matter how good he is).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

At the same time, hard to argue this team needs much of a change at this point.  Even the PP has been on fire this season.

I guess it's the trade off of being the best team every season in the NHL for the next 3-4, or stay in good cap shape, have your young goalie and prospects come up, and make a serious 10 year run while in good cap position for the near future.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Haha, Joe Juneau is an inspiration to all of us. But yup, I like both Marchand and Lucic better than Parise.  They are skilled, they compete and they are younger and healthier.  As of this season they have more points. So you can disagree, but it's not as big a stretch as some people like to say. I'll revisit my opinion if Parise shows that he is fully recovered from his knee injury, but even before that he was trending down. When you factor in cap hit, it's a no-brainer. You can have them both next season for what it will cost to sign Parise. I will say that in 08-09 Parise looked like a real special player (something I can't ever say about Nash), but until he gets back to that I have my doubts.

[QUOTE]How would you not do this?  It won't happen straight up, if it does, check Lou's medication. The majority of you wouldn't do it because Rask is the tender of the future when TT retires 3, 4 , 5 years from now?  So when Tuukka is in his late 20's we finally make him the #1, but in the meantime we pass on a 45 goal scorer who can play in tight checking games?  OatesCam, you have the best avitars of any website, but Lucic AND Marchand are probably better than Parise?  Common man. It's a mute point, no way we get Parise or Nash straight up Rask. Sure would like krejci/L/H, Bergy/Seguin/Nash or Parise, Marchand with Kelly and Peverly, how would that look for depth and scoring with TT Z and Seidenberg anchoring the D end, yikes, I'll take 2 more cups with that team in exchange for future years of Tuukka (no matter how good he is).
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sndeane. Show sndeane's posts

I'm against trading Rask right now.  The Bruins are 2nd in the league in 5-on-5 hockey in goals and goals-against thus far.  They're playing some of the best hockey in the league right now and I don't see a reason to add someone up front. 

That can all change with an injury or a stretch of bad play by a specific player or players.  If they need to make a trade for someone that can contribute right now, Rask is a great commodity.  However, barring that kind of circumstance, I just don't see it being the right move. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]"I guess poker players that always make it to the jackpot table are lucky as well :shoulder shrug" This is the word we disagree about.  When it happens a few times among many, many times?  Luck. 
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

No chance of getting lucky again in next years's draft as of now they don't have a 2nd rounder. Unlucky !