Rask is not under pressure

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Rask is not under pressure

I dont know why, after reading so many things said about rask about under pressure and he blew the game, so absurd when you think about it.

The goal where he stumbled, slipped or whatever happens , maybe not as much as we normally see, but it does, not his fault.

The wrap around was not his fault,  add forchecking the hell out of chara to that one.

This kid has been amazong , he will likely blame himself for those 2 goals and everytime this kid has a game that appears to look bad he comes back with a shutout.

Mark my words

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Rask is not under pressure

Agreed.  he's up 3-1 against a team that everybody feared.  He picked the perfect time for a sloppy game, and they do happen (remember Thomas vs. Tampa?).  If he blows three more, we'll talk.  He won't.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Don't forget Chara was sloppy...Don't forget that Campbell left his man in the slot...Don't forget Hamilton didn't stay with his guy...Don't forget it's a team win and a team lose....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Agreed.  he's up 3-1 against a team that everybody feared.  He picked the perfect time for a sloppy game, and they do happen (remember Thomas vs. Tampa?).  If he blows three more, we'll talk.  He won't.

I honestly don't really remember that Fletch but my memory says Thomas was the main reason the Bruins found themselves down 0-2 to the Habs in 2011. His late game miscues in games 1 and 2 against Van also weren't the epitome of perfection. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If he comes completely unglued and turns in to Red Light Rask because of one goal, he's no NHL goaltender anyway.

Just last week people here were saying that he had ice water in his veins.  Now people are wonding if he's going to go all SoxinIL on himself because of a gaffe.

Get real.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I honestly don't really remember that Fletch but my memory says Thomas was the main reason the Bruins found themselves down 0-2 to the Habs in 2011. His late game miscues in games 1 and 2 against Van also weren't the epitome of perfection. 

Thomas gave up 5 goals in four of the seven games against Tampa.  He also had two shutouts and an extremly clutch performance in the critical game 7.

We all know Thomas was fantastic in those playoffs.  It's just funny that after Rask loses a close game to the Rangers allowing them to scratch out one victory in the series, people are saying he can't be trusted.  Off games happen, even to the best goalies.  No big deal. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

If he comes completely unglued and turns in to Red Light Rask because of one goal, he's no NHL goaltender anyway.

Just last week people here were saying that he had ice water in his veins.  Now people are wonding if he's going to go all SoxinIL on himself because of a gaffe.

Get real.

i couldn't be less concerned with Rask moving forward. His worst game of the playoffs and he gives up 4 goals. Not a big deal to me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to winthecup's comment:

In non-closeout situations in the playoffs, Rask is 12-2 with a 1.98 goals-against average and .936 save percentage.

In closeout situation in the playoffs, where a win sends the Bruins to the next round, Rask is 2-8 with a 3.20 GAA and .890 save percentage. Come back Timmy

Quit posting the same thing in multiple threads. Thomas isn't a man of his word and he's gone. Get over it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

My my one forgets the reality in the bright lights of NY and media in general.  TT was horrible in game 4, oh how I remember those goals.  Thank goodness for game 7.  

Thomas gave up 5 goals in four of the seven games against Tampa.  He also had two shutouts and an extremly clutch performance in the critical game 7.

We all know Thomas was fantastic in those playoffs.  It's just funny that after Rask loses a close game to the Rangers allowing them to scratch out one victory in the series, people are saying he can't be trusted.  Off games happen, even to the best goalies.  No big deal. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to winthecup's comment:

In non-closeout situations in the playoffs, Rask is 12-2 with a 1.98 goals-against average and .936 save percentage.

In closeout situation in the playoffs, where a win sends the Bruins to the next round, Rask is 2-8 with a 3.20 GAA and .890 save percentage. Come back Timmy

Quit posting the same thing in multiple threads. Thomas isn't a man of his word and he's gone. Get over it.

4 of those were also against the Flyers in 2010. Any goalie who was on a team that had a chance to close out a series has those 4 games against them if they lose them . It's the dumbest stat I ever heard of.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Looking back at the Cup run, we all agree that Thomas was great.  He won the Conn Smythe.  But if you were to go back and read threads from back then, you would see plenty of them doubting TT's ability to win in the playoffs.  There were plenty of threads saying he "looked" tired giving up fivehole goals and that Rask should be brought in.

Sections
Shortcuts