Rask/Krug/State of B's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Rask/Krug/State of B's

I think the other day I saw a thread on these two struggling a bit. But you can see how important they both are to the overall team schematic. When Krug is involved on offense, pucks invariably are going in whether they are off his stick or on a rebound or a good pass. Rask is simply the best goalie in the NHL when he's on--and he was on his game v. Winnipeg. I never really worry about Tuuka, he's so consistent, certainly more so than Thomas even in Tim's best seasons, but I also feel the defensive scheme of the team is better now than during the Thomas era. Teams are getting shots, and breakaways happen, but you don't see the rebounds and even 2nd rebounds that I think occurred too often even during the Cup year. The last few seasons have been the B's doing a great job of clearing out after the initial shot.

I ripped Bartkowski the other day, and he played better v. Winnipeg, it was encouraging, although a few hiccups. Have to be pleased with the play of the top 2 lines and then the production from Paille/Campbell without Thornton. I still think the B's should go out and get that extra defensive d-man and I bet Chiarelli already has made phone calls. If it meant dealing away Bartkowski, I can live with that knowing Warsofsky is not far away. Miller is also promising. Considering the number  of injuries, games lost, etc to different guys throughout the lineup. I think the team is playing extremely well. Lucic and Marchand are both playing well at the same time, something that hasn't happened often and thus allows for both top lines to be effective. And lastly, I don't think Krecji has been better, he is at the top of his game, making opponents look silly as he slithers through the offensive zone. Amazing he doesn't score more goals or get more points, he deserves to be a top 5 points scorer in the league, but certainly saves his best production when it really matters--the playoffs. Iginla is benefitting from terrific play from Krecji-Lucic and I think Krecji-Lucic have developed to become more leader types, taking some pressure off of Bergeron. Smith has been nothing short of outstanding as a replacement in the scoring department for Seguin.

Going into a West Coast swing, I think the B's are in great shape, and I think they can for sure get 4 points out of 6.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Rask/Krug/State of B's

Nice summation of the Bruins, danny.  Rask is performing in a manner he was projected to when the Bruins got him.  He's proving to be an elite goaltender. The thing that's struck me about Krug from the time he arrived on the scene is he seems to not be in awe about anything out there.  

I still have that play in the playoffs vs the Rangers when he straddled their blue line while skating backwards before getting his shot off.  Like there's no fear in him which is brilliant.  

The Bruins are an experienced team with few situations they haven't seen.  Julien will have them prepared for the west coast.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

I think the other day I saw a thread on these two struggling a bit. But you can see how important they both are to the overall team schematic. When Krug is involved on offense, pucks invariably are going in whether they are off his stick or on a rebound or a good pass. Rask is simply the best goalie in the NHL when he's on--and he was on his game v. Winnipeg. I never really worry about Tuuka, he's so consistent, certainly more so than Thomas even in Tim's best seasons, but I also feel the defensive scheme of the team is better now than during the Thomas era. Teams are getting shots, and breakaways happen, but you don't see the rebounds and even 2nd rebounds that I think occurred too often even during the Cup year. The last few seasons have been the B's doing a great job of clearing out after the initial shot.

I ripped Bartkowski the other day, and he played better v. Winnipeg, it was encouraging, although a few hiccups. Have to be pleased with the play of the top 2 lines and then the production from Paille/Campbell without Thornton. I still think the B's should go out and get that extra defensive d-man and I bet Chiarelli already has made phone calls. If it meant dealing away Bartkowski, I can live with that knowing Warsofsky is not far away. Miller is also promising. Considering the number  of injuries, games lost, etc to different guys throughout the lineup. I think the team is playing extremely well. Lucic and Marchand are both playing well at the same time, something that hasn't happened often and thus allows for both top lines to be effective. And lastly, I don't think Krecji has been better, he is at the top of his game, making opponents look silly as he slithers through the offensive zone. Amazing he doesn't score more goals or get more points, he deserves to be a top 5 points scorer in the league, but certainly saves his best production when it really matters--the playoffs. Iginla is benefitting from terrific play from Krecji-Lucic and I think Krecji-Lucic have developed to become more leader types, taking some pressure off of Bergeron. Smith has been nothing short of outstanding as a replacement in the scoring department for Seguin.

Going into a West Coast swing, I think the B's are in great shape, and I think they can for sure get 4 points out of 6.

I love Tuukka & think he's the best in the league as well, but you can't make this kind of claim when Tuukka hasn't even been nomimated for any kind of trophy let alone win one. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Rask is MVP on the Bruins team right now... much is expected and he still has much to prove.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Rask is MVP on the Bruins team right now... much is expected and he still has much to prove.

Agree.

But, I'm not about to say he isn't better than TT. TT didn't win anything by himself, but Rask has had the same opportunities as TT has had to help propel him. Great team, Great D & players coming thru in the clutch to help in the success. But, to say Rask has been more consistent then TT is a false statement to make when Rask hasn't set, had set, or won a single individual award. Be a Rask fan & give all the praises in the world, but you can't make an opinion into a fact when there isn't any to back it up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Agree.

But, I'm not about to say he isn't better than TT. TT didn't win anything by himself, but Rask has had the same opportunities as TT has had to help propel him. Great team, Great D & players coming thru in the clutch to help in the success. But, to say Rask has been more consistent then TT is a false statement to make when Rask hasn't set, had set, or won a single individual award. Be a Rask fan & give all the praises in the world, but you can't make an opinion into a fact when there isn't any to back it up.

I'm not sure you said that right?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Actually, let me put it another way, since NeelyOrrBourque has no idea how much of a fan I was of Thomas (just ask dezaruchi). Thomas stole games, won games, and without a doubt was phenomenal in his run as B, including the Vezinas and of course his impressive run in the 11 Cup playoffs. But he wasn't as consistent, and what I mean by that is that he had moments where he would give up 4 goals, had games where he literally should have (and in some cases) was pulled. He would throw 2 shutouts and come right back and have a stinker. He had less help from his defense and most of all, he gave up tons of rebounds, many that were saved again on the rebound because TT was so acrobatic. I think Rask has been more consistent as a regular than TT. The 5-goal game (4 on the PP) v. Islanders was an oddity in some ways because he's been that good, especially at home. I felt his 13 playoffs in some respects was greater than Thomas' 11 playoffs, the result was Timmy won the big game. I don't do this to disrespect Thomas, I say this because I find Tuuka to be simply more consistent over the entire stretch of games. You could disagree, but that's how I feel. And Thomas is the best goalie in B's History, which is about the trophies, the Cup, etc. But Rask is still more consistent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

2 things worth mentioning about Rask.  

He *was* a little weak high glove - no more, very much improved glove hand.

He *was* just awful handling the puck - no more, I would actually now say he handles the puck very well.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Dafoe was outstanding in his time with the B's, using him as a punchline is unfair.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

In response to neely66's comment:

Umm.. need to revise my goalies all this time I thought moffat and dafoe were tied for the bruins best all time goalies with honorable mention to cleon daskalisis

Don't be dissing the D man

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Birdbrain Canadien troll doesn't even know how to search for the all-time best Bruins goalie. Man there fans are clueless! Heard some nasty rumors about what Lafleur and Couronoyer used to get up too with each other. Such a shame!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Birdbrain Canadien troll doesn't even know how to search for the all-time best Bruins goalie. Man there fans are clueless! Heard some nasty rumors about what Lafleur and Couronoyer used to get up too with each other. Such a shame!

Throw in Richer and you have a party!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Dafoe was outstanding in his time with the B's, using him as a punchline is unfair.

Unfair is a bit lenient. How about totally stupid ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Just because Rask hasn't won any award doesn't mean that he's not every bit as good as Thomas was. I mean Subban won the Norris last year, would anyone rather have Subban over Weber, Suter, or Chara?

neely66 should be on everyone's ignore list, he's a troll.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to neely66's comment:

Snoopy relax go fetch a bone or something! ! Or fetch disney on ice show are they In town.  Are u from San Francisco?  U kno all about  fetching a bone

Can you atleast learn how to spell or write something that makes sense?

Here an example?

"Or fetch disney on ice show are they In town."

What does that mean? Why is the "I" capitalized when you type the word "In"?

I get that your asking SanDog if the Disney On Ice Show is in town and your wondering if he is going, but holycrap, can you just type that?

"U kno all about fetching a bone" - What does that mean? Are you making a sexual comment towards another poster? Are you still calling and e-mailing Boston.com wondering why your previous accounts were banned? Are you still fustrated they won't give you an answer, just a copy of the rules. Not bright enough to put it together? You still can't figure this out? Do you need a lawyer to figure it out for you?

What did I tell you before? Your not intelligent enough to carry on a conversation with.

Sexual comments.

Can't spell.

Cannot write a complete sentence.

Write the same stuff over and over.

Nobody wants you here.

Just leave.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Actually, let me put it another way, since NeelyOrrBourque has no idea how much of a fan I was of Thomas (just ask dezaruchi). Thomas stole games, won games, and without a doubt was phenomenal in his run as B, including the Vezinas and of course his impressive run in the 11 Cup playoffs. But he wasn't as consistent, and what I mean by that is that he had moments where he would give up 4 goals, had games where he literally should have (and in some cases) was pulled. He would throw 2 shutouts and come right back and have a stinker. He had less help from his defense and most of all, he gave up tons of rebounds, many that were saved again on the rebound because TT was so acrobatic. I think Rask has been more consistent as a regular than TT. The 5-goal game (4 on the PP) v. Islanders was an oddity in some ways because he's been that good, especially at home. I felt his 13 playoffs in some respects was greater than Thomas' 11 playoffs, the result was Timmy won the big game. I don't do this to disrespect Thomas, I say this because I find Tuuka to be simply more consistent over the entire stretch of games. You could disagree, but that's how I feel. And Thomas is the best goalie in B's History, which is about the trophies, the Cup, etc. But Rask is still more consistent.

Yes I do Danny, which is actually why I was surprised by you saying this, but since you elaborated a bit. I'm more willing to accept what you're saying. I don't necessarily agree in everything you said, but I can at least see & understand a bit more of where you're coming from. Cheers!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Agree.

I'm not sure you said that right?

I said it exactly how I wanted to say it. I think in a lot of ways he is better than Thomas. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Just because Rask hasn't won any award doesn't mean that he's not every bit as good as Thomas was. I mean Subban won the Norris last year, would anyone rather have Subban over Weber, Suter, or Chara?

neely66 should be on everyone's ignore list, he's a troll.  

You're making an apples an oranges comparison on two different positions. However, you're right to an extent, but both goalie's have had the same opportunities to win the samething. One succeeded, one came close, one set records during the success, one still has a negative record on his resume. One has shown to be a great teammate who never puts himself above the team. But, you can't sit there & say that one goalie is as good as the other when one has the pediagree of being a champion & winning the highest individual award along the way. The awards counts for something. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts