rask MUST go....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: rask MUST go....

In Response to Re: rask MUST go....:
    [QUOTE]Rask made some great saves tonight, but the two that went high while he was on his knees made me cringe. Two points!  How the losers got their goals doesn't matter!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

NAS? That might be something that'll always happen. Unless he bulks out more the upper part of the net will be open for butterfly type goalies. That style is to always try to have your body center & upright. The teaching of it is "If you get beat over the shoulder it was just a labelled shot." So, players will look to time the shot as the goalie is going down, or wait him out. Which is what I believe you're referring to.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

What two easy goals? That was my point! I ignored the "easy" because it was an idiotic statement. If every goalie let in only two goals that were that "easy" they'd be estatic. He plays the percentages. Roofing the puck in an NHL level of competition is far from "easy". That's why most goals are scored within 8 inches of the ice.

He won the game - leave the kid alone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

wow..Now you got someone trading Tuuka.

Today I found myself sitting next to a guy who tried explaining to me how the Pats would have won the super bowl in 2007 and went undefeated had they just put Randy Moss on defense on the last defensive drive.

Right now I find myself wondering which statement is more assanine. That or trading Tuuka.

Thanks for the entertainment..I did get a chuckle.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

This isn't either/or, though nitemare's on point - playing sporadically means he's not in a groove.  You're seeing his talent and preparation without the additional layer of instinct/fluid reactions/instant reads you get from playing constantly.  Some guys are great when they have time to constantly re-set - the career backups like Auld have gotten to a point where it's almost like they develop bad habits if they play too much.

That said, Rask is getting beat with shots that don't look like much - even if they're ticking off of sticks etc., they're coming from mid-range with little traffic in front.  When he's on and in position - and not dropping too early - those shots don't get by him.  And they are killer goals - they were against the Flyers when he got the wobbles in the playoffs, and they have been this year as his record shows.  He's not far off - I'd say he's at about 90% which is close enough that I don't worry he'd get back the form that had him at the top of the GAA/S% charts last year if he was suddenly dropped back into the starting role.  Only an idiot would mess with Thomas's mojo right now though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

am i missing something? the bruins won the game6-3! you can let in 5 easy goals, when your team scores 6 easy goals. this is ridiculous- 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

wow........ So very glad your not the GM.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"You're seeing his talent and preparation without the additional layer of instinct/fluid reactions/instant reads you get from playing constantly."

= more starts he needs more keep the boy fresh. It's why he missed the Richards goal positionally Tuukka was there but didn't save it because he is not game fresh. As far as his future it is with Boston or a long time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The insanity here rolls on...

Everyone is tainted from watching TT's historic season so far.  Rask did what goalies do on the other 29 teams -- let in a couple of saveable shots.

He looked a little shaky in the 3rd.  Otherwise, he made an outstanding save on Neal and was fantastic in the 5-minute shorthanded sequence, without Chara on the ice.  It was the type of goaltending that other teams get every night and he still got the win.

But, our expectations have been tainted by Thomas recently. 

Rask is a keeper.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]The insanity here rolls on... Everyone is tainted from watching TT's historic season so far.  Rask did what goalies do on the other 29 teams -- let in a couple of saveable shots. He looked a little shaky in the 3rd.  Otherwise, he made an outstanding save on Neal and was fantastic in the 5-minute shorthanded sequence, without Chara on the ice.  It was the type of goaltending that other teams get every night and he still got the win. But, our expectations have been tainted by Thomas recently.  Rask is a keeper.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Well said Fletch. Stars pumped 10 shots on him during 5 min. pp. & he stopped them all. Most of them were point blank. Bottom line is he got the job done & we got the 2 points. I like both goalies & feel comfortable with who ever is in net.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Chia-Pet must've felt really good about that Rask for Raycroft trade last night. Raycroft pulled after the first 2 shots with a terrible 0% Save Percentage lol!!

Feel bad for the Razor and things went for him, ill always remember that commercial with Raycroft and Bergeron driving the Zamboni to the Garden. Pure unadulterated awkwardness.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maver23. Show maver23's posts

In Response to rask MUST go....:
    [QUOTE]every game at least 2 easy goals....CANT do that in this league. get rid of him now, before his value sinks lower.....
    Posted by macdogcharm[/QUOTE]

ya never seen thomas let in a easy goal right? get a clue

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

some of you "monday morning quarterbacks" are missing the point!!!! Yes....when all was said and done....we "managed" to hold on for the victory......BUT the point of the post (which is lost on moorons like jyaso & red75)...is that a goalie cannot continuely give up multiple weak goals EVERY game he plays. IF....thats....IF Dallas had followed through on their comeback...and we lost....EVERYONE would agree that the 2 weak goals sunk the ship....just because Seguin got a big goal, and we came back...doesn't change the validity of the original point....2 weak goals EVERY game is NOT acceptable!!!
    PS. for those who may be young..or don't understand hockey....the 2nd goal was weak because it was a harmless wrist shot from far away, not even intented to be a scoring chance...and even if it did hit a stick...on a 40mph shot from a mile away...you should be able to adjust. the 3rd goal was weak because it was a onetimer...yes......but from 6 miles away!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

reason for seguin's solid game

in my opinion he played a much more assertive/ aggresive/ go to the dirty spots game because he KNEW his team had his back. lets be truthful, he's been knocked around a lot this year- making him pretty gunshy. no one has really stuck up for him this year- or anyone else this year. there has to be something to this, it seemed like he played more minutes than he did because he was INVOLVED, not just skating on the outskirts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

sorry... this was meant to start a new thread, i'll try again

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Oh the irony of calling someone a "mooron."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Ok so whats the reasoning behind "RASK MUST GO"

He has good numbers for a backup goaltender.(Which he is not,he is a starter)

He has a good attitude is young and has a ton of potential. So why must he go? There is no better backup goalie on the market and they cost more money than Tuuka. There is no backup ready in the farm system as well.

Thats why the statement "RASK MUST GO" is completely well idiotic regardless of the fact that he may let in as you say "2 easy goals" a game.

Heres some stats for you Macdog

GAA 2.69  So he according to you he only lets in 2 easy goals right? Not bad if he makes all the tough saves every game according to this stat.

SV% .922 Not to bad puts him in the top 10 in the league.

Bruins GF with rask is bad as well around 1.8 I believe. So that helps to explain some of the losses.

So why must rask go?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maver23. Show maver23's posts

[QUOTE]some of you "monday morning quarterbacks" are missing the point!!!! Yes....when all was said and done....we "managed" to hold on for the victory......BUT the point of the post (which is lost on moorons like jyaso & red75)...is that a goalie cannot continuely give up multiple weak goals EVERY game he plays. IF....thats....IF Dallas had followed through on their comeback...and we lost....EVERYONE would agree that the 2 weak goals sunk the ship....just because Seguin got a big goal, and we came back...doesn't change the validity of the original point....2 weak goals EVERY game is NOT acceptable!!! PS. for those who may be young..or don't understand hockey....the 2nd goal was weak because it was a harmless wrist shot from far away, not even intented to be a scoring chance...and even if it did hit a stick...on a 40mph shot from a mile away...you should be able to adjust. the 3rd goal was weak because it was a onetimer...yes......but from 6 miles away!!!
    Posted by macdogcharm[/QUOTE]

wow this is a big rink, where is this 6 mile rink you talk about?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maver23. Show maver23's posts

ps, easy on the exclamation points!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Oh the irony of calling someone a "mooron."
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Lol.  You're just saying that because you're such an itiot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: rask MUST go.... : Lol.  You're just saying that because you're such an itiot.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Yeah? Well you're a nimbskill!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

As a side note, my favourite moment from high school was when this jack@ss who tormented me and my friends was cutting into me before English class and I turned around and called him "moronic." He actually came back at me a few seconds later and sincerely asked what "moronic" meant. When the teacher started the class she began by talking about the meaning of irony and asked for example. I put up my hand and said "If you call someone moronic and they intelligently ask you what moronic means." She rolled her eyes and said "Yes, I suppose, but no one would be that stupid."

18 years later and that still makes me laugh.

So I have to wonder, did macdog and I go to high school together?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Rask isn't going anywhere, he's our starter in 2 years when Thomas is in his rocking chair.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

these dump Rask trolls are just plain stupid. Very few, if any , other goalies could have backstopped that 5 minute penalty against a Dallas club that has as many points as the bruins. Maybe a goal should have been stopped, but why don't you complainers put on the mask and try to stop 80-95 mph shots. It ain't easy .

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

sorry to hear your were "tormented" in high school red :(