Rask Signed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: Rask Signed

In response to abra-cadaver's comment:

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Look at where his career numbers fit all time? 

Product of the system.  Even a stiff like Alex Auld put up Vezina-like numbers in Boston's defensive "system" (with a worse D-core at that) years back.  Stick Rask on a team that cant play defense like Philly, and he is the one with the 2.78 GAA getting run out of town like Bryz right now.

What makes Thomas not a product of the system, then?  The fact his team scored a ton of goals in his 4 SC Final wins while Rask's team couldnt score in triple OT?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1xxxxxxxxx7777. Show 1xxxxxxxxx7777's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Financial suicide.  8 yrs.  7 million.  Wow.   128 gms.  66-45 record.   Wow just wow.   You rask supporters better hope hes healthy for 8 yrs bc we are broke.   

Enjoy no upgrades.  

Gotta agree with you to much to soon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 1xxxxxxxxx7777's comment:

Financial suicide.  8 yrs.  7 million.  Wow.   128 gms.  66-45 record.   Wow just wow.   You rask supporters better hope hes healthy for 8 yrs bc we are broke.   

Enjoy no upgrades.  

I hate u. Beat it. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Product of the system.  Even a stiff like Alex Auld put up Vezina-like numbers in Boston's defensive "system" (with a worse D-core at that) years back.  Stick Rask on a team that cant play defense like Philly, and he is the one with the 2.78 GAA getting run out of town like Bryz right now.

This is truly a silly statement.

I have all idiots on ignore Stan. This forum is sooooo much better when they are. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to 1xxxxxxxxx7777's comment:

Didn't intend to call you names, but if you mean the "head in the oven" comment, I only meant to suggest you're a little over the top on this one - when will you ever choose being right over the Bruins winning?  It's all good.  I know I'm dogging you on this one.  I'll stop; we'll both be here to see how it works out.

Enjoy no upgrades.  

I hate u. Beat it. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

book. Im not very sensitive and love a good rip. but you indicated all the idiots all over the tt deal and you only named me.   Yes im an idiot.  But a smart one.  Lol 

cheers.  Heres to rask.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

I think recent history has shown us that big contracts (both in terms of length and dollars) have not panned out with goalies. With our defensive system in place - I really feel like a cheaper goalie combination (Khudobin/Svedberg, Khudobin/FA or Trade, Svedberg/FA or Trade) could have provided reasonable success. That leftover money would have given PC the ability to improve the corps of skaters on the ice in front of the goalie. As someone else said...what would Tuukka's stats look like on Philly or Edmonton? Having the most dominant defenseman in the league and a Selke trophy winner skating in front of you 30 minutes a night for a defensive minded coach/system probably makes you look a little better than you actually are. I am nervous about this deal, but will be rooting for Tuukka going forward. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

book. Im not very sensitive and love a good rip. but you indicated all the idiots all over the tt deal and you only named me.   Yes im an idiot.  But a smart one.  Lol 

cheers.  Heres to rask.  

Shupe...? You're the smartest idiot I know & I love ya for it! Innocent

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

If the Bruins get a Cup in the next 8 years it's all good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

cheers.  Heres to rask.  

A "smidiot" perhaps? To me,Shupe and Book are both awesome. I also didn't really think Book was calling him an idiot per se. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

cheers.  Heres to rask.  

A "smidiot" perhaps? To me,Shupe and Book are both awesome. I also didn't really think Book was calling him an idiot per se. 

I dont either.   heres to rask hoisting to lord stanley next year.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

In response to DaveyN's comment:

bingo. as an RFA, he should have gotten 5-30

I don't think you understand how contract negotiation works.

sure i do. I just don't think they go the way they should anymore. It should be player saying I want A, the team saying we'll give you B, and the player tries to find A from another team, if he can't he settles for B, or somewhere in between A and B. I don't think another NHL team would have offered more than 5-30.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

OrrandShore

CanadianFan6

You.

I just named the 3 worst posters.

Congrats.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Too much money and way too many years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Huge contract, but likely what it took to ensure that Rask stays a Bruin.  He's proven he's a good fit for the system, and that's too big of a risk to let go.  One quarter of the way through this contract, it will not seem like a large cap hit anymore.  This season will be manageable due to Iginla's bonus heavy deal, next season may be dicey if the predicted cap inflation doesn't come to pass, but after that the Bruins will no longer need to worry about finding a goaltender.  For better or worse, they have him.  And should Subban outplay him in 4 years?  Rask will be tradeable.

There is always a risk of injury.  That's built into the game.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

not happy about this. too long, too much. I think Chiarelli might be losing his touch. 

I agree with you....5 years at $6.5 would have been enough to sign him....I really think PC needs my help ASAP 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Enjoy no upgrades.  

I don't agree with that at all Shupe ..makes no sense...think PC has not looked at all scenario's... Who is to say that Rask plays out all 8 years anyway... Lot  of things can change in that time... Bruins have set themselves up here nicely for a 4-5 year run to the Cup every year....their best players are young enough that you wont have to do much tinkering anyway...There will always be movable contracts to make the team better If the need arises...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

not happy about this. too long, too much. I think Chiarelli might be losing his touch. 

I agree with you....5 years at $6.5 would have been enough to sign him....I really think PC needs my help ASAP 

Somebody needs help asap.  I'll agree with that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

seems that most of you who are not a fan of this deal all like to bring up "bruins are in trouble if rask gets hurt." 

Ummm...correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to remember that players on the IR don't count against the cap (i.e. Savard)

So, if that is the case, then you are all just crying to cry.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

shupe, although frequently wrong, is one of the best posters here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

sure i do. I just don't think they go the way they should anymore. It should be player saying I want A, the team saying we'll give you B, and the player tries to find A from another team, if he can't he settles for B, or somewhere in between A and B. I don't think another NHL team would have offered more than 5-30.

There are plenty of good forwards out there.  There are plenty of good defensemen out there.  There aren't plenty incredible goalies out there.  Many teams in the league would be happy to get off the Goalie-Go-Round.

Phoenix just signed 31 year old Mike Smith to six years, $5.7M per.

$1.3 more and one year more for the 26 year old Tuukka Rask instead?  Good deal.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think some just assume the B's can just pick a goalie off of the scrap heap and put him in there. Can't say for sure, but I think it may be a result of Bruin fans have been pretty spoiled in recent years when it comes to the goaltending situation.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

There are plenty of good forwards out there.  There are plenty of good defensemen out there.  There aren't plenty incredible goalies out there.  Many teams in the league would be happy to get off the Goalie-Go-Round.

Phoenix just signed 31 year old Mike Smith to six years, $5.7M per.

$1.3 more and one year more for the 26 year old Tuukka Rask instead?  Good deal.

Funny you didn't mention that there are all kinds of capable and reliable back up goalies out there, cause the Bruins are going to need one. I don't mind the deal but given that Rask has been prone to injury, they need someone as insurance who can play 20-25 games a season. Please don't say Johnson is that guy, they are gonna have to do a hell of a lot better than that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

How has Rask been prone to injury?

Give me a list of your more than capable back up goalies.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts