rask to blame...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

rask to blame...

say all you want about him stoping Malkin on a breakaway...bottom line...2nd & 3rd goals were very weak. You can't win in this league when you let in 2 weak goals....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Re: rask to blame...

what is the point of your statement?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I disagree - you can if your team scores at least one more goal than the opponent.  B's had some real unlucky bounces around Pitt's net today.  No big deal though, they played pretty well, good enough to win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

It was 3 weak goals, but he kept them in the game. They bury there chances and they win, no fault, they needed to score and didn`t.

Tough game to lose, but they played a great game, still too many bad choice passes early in the game.

Krejci line was almost non existant, Krej had one decent shift the whole game, Wheeler still playing great and pressing, Seg and K too many bad choice passes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

i really fail to see how you could classify any of the goals other than the 2nd goal as weak goals. the first one was just good execution on a 3 on 2

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

In Response to Re: rask to blame...:
    It was 3 weak goals, but he kept them in the game. They bury there chances and they win, no fault, they needed to score and didn`t. Tough game to lose, but they played a great game, still too many bad choice passes early in the game. Krejci line was almost non existant, Krej had one decent shift the whole game, Wheeler still playing great and pressing, Seg and K too many bad choice passes.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

I'm not liking Krejci and Seguin together. They don't seem to be on the same page. Seguin is fast and Krej is smooth and it's not jelling at all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Fleury stopped 44 shots - the Bruins didn't lose this game, Fleury stole it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

First is hard to stop when you are not even in your net, Rask was having problems early on in his side to side and slid out of crease.  He is supposed tobe the best positional goalie.

Not his fault on the loss, but his fault on the goals, it is what it is. They lost as a team and Fleury have an extremely lucky game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

I don't fault today's effort at all but I think the Bruins' new-found offensive style has left the goaltending more vulnerable to scoring chances.  With their former lock-down defensive strategy, we didn't see so many opposition players flying over the Boston blue line as we have over the last few games. 

I'm not complaining as the club has climbed into one of the top-scoring in the league, the wins have been there and its been entertaining but somehow the back and forth style might play into the hands of a team like the Pens by giving their guys too much room and time to create.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

?????????RASK played great. No weak goals.No one too blame for this loss, IMO.
    Bruins had 3 rookie d-men, and were in the game right too the end.
    No negatives in this game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

no weak goals???? Did I read that correctly?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

I disagree, I thought Rask played well.  Give credit to Pittsburgh they played a good game.  

Playing with 5 defensemen (3 of them 1st or 2nd year guys) for most of the game probably didn't help.

Pittsburgh is a quality opponent, and you can't win all the games, It was a great effort by the Bruins.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

First is hard to stop when you are not even in your net, Rask was having problems early on in his side to side and slid out of crease.  He is supposed tobe the best positional goalie. Not his fault on the loss, but his fault on the goals, it is what it is. They lost as a team and Fleury have an extremely lucky game.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

1st goal was a perfectly executed 3 way passing play by Pitt.Rask was playing for Staal to shoot but he made a great pass instead.It happens when the guys you're playing against are pros too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

no weak goals???? Did I read that correctly?
    Posted by macdogcharm

Maybe we have different ideas of what constitutes, weak.
    IMO, there was not one goal that bothered me, to the extent of blaming him for the loss.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

So if they score on the Malkin breakaway instead, it makes Rask okay?? 

If you want to blame him for the goals you kinda have to give him credit for the saves.  Especially on a clean breakaway by one of the best scorers in the NHL.  The kick save on Malkin's follow up was fantastic.

I'll never understand why so many on this board just sit back and wait to rip this guy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I want both goaltenders to be successful.  It's one less thing to think about come playoff time.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=92706

That's a bad goal.  Sure the passing was good, but does Rask put in any effort at all?  That's a 30 seconds left in the all-star game effort, not a Bs vs. Pens in a 0-0 game effort to me.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2010020660

Watch the Dupuis goal again.  To me, it looks like Rask is slow to get into position when the puck goes behind the net.  Maybe he thought a Bruin had the puck, I don't know.  I do know that this is a very soft goal.

The third one is on McQuaid.  The puck never should have ended up on Staal's stick.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Rask played a solid game. Robbing Malkin was huge in the second. Bruins needed a few more goals but Fleury was hot tonight

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Rask played a solid game. Robbing Malkin was huge in the second. Bruins needed a few more goals but Fleury was hot tonight
    Posted by yaz16

It was a breakaway.  Rask stopped it.  That's what usually happens.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

well im a timmy fan big time but no way do i blame rask on any of those goals...bank of the boards to a perfectly placed pens. on other side of net and damm he almost got it..then the third goal hits sidenberg skate and whipped it by stall...great game ..great effert and man its really been great hockey to watch since the third period of the game in pitts..good job bruins...hell sometimes effert doesnt get a win but  the entertainment level lately is awesome..great to see...let them go julien..we are loaded with offense..and rask and timmy will stop more than they let in

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Please.  The 2nd goal is the only one that could be considered weak and that even was the result of several bad/weird bounces and the Bruins-D running around, getting confused and out of position.  The power play failed the Bruins and Fleury did something Thomas never does in a playoff game or series (steal the game).  In the playoffs I can never remember Thomas being the reason we ever won a game or a round but his bad play or lack of stellar play (i.e. stealing a game or series level of play) certainly has been a contributing factor to some recent Bruins fails in the playoffs. And before you jump on Rask for last year against the Flyers he was over worked, burned out and the team as a whole had a team wide fail in games 5, 6 and 7. Nothing in Thomas's track record suggests he would have faired any better (outside of your opinion based on your opinion of course not actually anything tangible). I'm not saying Rask is a world beater but to blame this lose on him today against the Penguins is nothing short of either ignorance or maybe your just not thinking straight because Thomas's balls are in your mouth.
    Posted by bobforte2002

I'm guessing from your post, the 2002 in your name, represents the year you were born.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

The second goal was just a lazy play by Rask.  He assumed the puck would die behind the net and took his time getting back in position.  He had plenty of time to get back to that far post before the shot.  And I think he has been hanging out with Timmy too much, why didn't he just slide his right pad over instead of doing a diving back flop that took twice as long to get down to cover the bottom of the net?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I think the only thing that is bothering me about Tuuka is that there's a 50 percent chance, he's going to not allow the first goal, but he ends up allowing the first goal way too often. Either that or he has very rarely played with his team leading for longer than a few minutes in any of his games. Is it his fault? Certainly not entirely, but the fact remains that the B's are a different team with Tuuka in the net. They seem to always be struggling offensively and whether the players themselves want to admit it, they have to be a little bothered that it's their goalie that blinks first, not the opponent's netminder. Thomas hasn't been a world-beater by any stretch over his last several games, but he's a winner. He does a much better job of making big saves and he often outplays his opponent netminder. The theme of my posts are wins and losses. The B's tend to win with Thomas, lose with Rask...Just look at the overall.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

this was not about the b's goaltending...this was about fluery being pisse* about last weeks game, and not letting it happen again. the b's played a decent game considering their short/inexperienced d. had plenty of scoring chances...fluery was the difference

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

yaz....Rask was NOT solid. He did let in 2 questionalbe goals. Yes, he made some great saves to. Good outing, not solid. I'm neither a Rask nor a TT man. Who ever they put in should be good enough. I can't wait till Rask's next start, as I can hardly wait for TT's next start.

Sections
Shortcuts