rask vs. buffalo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

rask vs. buffalo?

i realize TT is coming off back to back shutouts, but with the wings scheduled for friday, i'd play tuukka on wed. i really don't believe the sabres will do anything dumb in retaliation for their last meeting, BUT, (it pains me to say this) in case they do- i'd rather have tuukka in net- apologies to his mother. seems to fit nicely, tuukka wed, TT on fri. i have confidence in tuukka, he'll shut down the sabres wednesday.  i think is the way the coaching staff will handle this. TWO REAL FUN GAMES COMING UP!!!! one to top the division standings(who would have thought that 3 weeks ago?)- the other to top the league's best. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Re: rask vs. buffalo?

Absolutely not.
    TT doesn't back off from the physical play. Rask doesn't really seem to feed off it like Thomas. let Rask play friday or maybe Saturday, this Wings team isn't as dangerous as years past.

In Response to rask vs. buffalo?:
    i realize TT is coming off back to back shutouts, but with the wings scheduled for friday, i'd play tuukka on wed. i really don't believe the sabres will do anything dumb in retaliation for their last meeting, BUT, (it pains me to say this) in case they do- i'd rather have tuukka in net- apologies to his mother. seems to fit nicely, tuukka wed, TT on fri. i have confidence in tuukka, he'll shut down the sabres wednesday.  i think is the way the coaching staff will handle this. TWO REAL FUN GAMES COMING UP!!!! one to top the division standings(who would have thought that 3 weeks ago?)- the other to top the league's best. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! 
    Posted by adkbeesfan

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Timmy_wow. Show Timmy_wow's posts

My brother and I have been debating this. Thomas is hot and the least likely to take any bunk from Buffalo. Rask is more then capable of beating Buffalos second goalie. Yet after the Wings they play the following night against the Jets. Our conclusion was, most likely Thomas starts both Sabres, Wings, and Rask plays the Jets. Because then they have until I believe Thursday against the leafs to rest. But either way I hope the guys keep the Bruins goalies safe Wed!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Buffalo doesn't have the necessary testicular fortitude to do anything stupid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: rask vs. buffalo?:
    [QUOTE]Buffalo doesn't have the necessary testicular fortitude to do anything stupid.
    Since when does it take testicular fortitude to do something stupid?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Tuukka's practise tirade should scare the Sabres. Start him!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Tim is on fire right now.

Play the hot hand

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

If it was planned for Rask to play in Buffallo then I think they need to honor that plan.  Similar to when Timmy shut out Toronto but it was already planned that he wasn't playing in the next game.  Seeing these two interact it seems as if they know exactly what the coaches have in store for them and they seem to be buying into it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Buffalo doesn't have the necessary testicular fortitude to do anything stupid.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing

They don't have to do anything stupid. THEY HAVE STUPID in Kaleta!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In Response to Re: rask vs. buffalo? : They don't have to do anything stupid. THEY HAVE STUPID in Kaleta!
    Posted by nitemare-38

And we have a number of players that would absolutely dismember him.

I think we need a player that we nickname the Judge. I think thats a BA nickname.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

tuukka-buf, TT-det, tuukka-win, TT-tor- that's how i'd do it. they're both playing really well right now, use them both.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Tuuka will play well, and Claude needs to keep him sharp. The rest of the Bruins squad looked like some may be suffering from flu like limitations. Montreal took advantage and skated hard, but IMO Claude played it close, forbid retaliation which Pouliot never heard, and Peverly finally needed to respond to some of the Montreal chippy jabs. faceoffs and bursts of energy were absent from KLH and Bergeron's line, which is not typical for these guys. Hopefully they will all regain their mojo for Buffalo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"BUT, (it pains me to say this) in case they do- i'd rather have tuukka in net- apologies to his mother. seems to fit nicely, tuukka wed"

One of the most stupid comments I've ever read on here and that is saying allot...

I didn't lose confidence in Thomas during the 09'-10' season and did not lose confidence in Tuukka last season. Play either one against Buffalo and I stay extremely confident.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

congatulations to me!!! that's a great list to top! and believe me, coming from you, it really means A LOT. please explain WHY it's so stupid to value TT just a little bit more than tuukka? i think you suffer from selective reading... did you miss the "their both playing well right now", and "i don't expect anything to happen"? i just wasted my time writing those last few lines as i'm sure, you've already stopped reading this far.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I have no problem with playing Tuukka on Wednesday, but I don't think it should because of any apprehension about the Sabres.  Neither Thomas nor the Bruins should be influenced in any way by the Sabres.  Play our game.

Someone will fight Lucic (right?), but I doubt they run the goalie on us.  It's too late for that and the refs will be all over it.  Plus, the Bruins can't go in there with the mentality that Buffalo "owes" them one.  The past is the past, already.

Double down, and play the Sabres rough and nasty right from the start.  Unlike Buffalo, if anything questionable is done to the Bruins goalie there needs to be an immediate response.  The Bruins have more respect for their goalies than Buffalo has for Miller and they should show it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I'm pretty sure both teams have received calls from the league by now. Big brother is watching so no nonsense or fines and/or suspensions will be handed out like candy on halloween. Somebody challenging Lucic is probably okay as long as they don't jump him from behind or shove a stick up his #%$^&. I'm not sure who on that team has the stones to do that and if they do they'll get a whoopin'.

Side note: When are the national broadcast guys going to get Lucic's name right?
    It's not pronounced Loo-cheech, with emphasis on the second syllable. Unless we here in Boston have been pronouncing his name incorrectly, which is entirely possible as we do talk funny here. Either way, I want to slap Emrick upside his head every time I hear him say LooCHEECH. His voice annoys me to begin with so it doesn't take much.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I say start Rask.
    Guys like Kaleta and Gaustad are pansies and if they want to avenge Miller they will go after the Bruin star players, not the goalie.
    None of the two will fight Lucic.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Not sure how you go play the team you are tied for first place in the division and sit the goalie who is coming off back to back shutouts. Play Timmy and unless he pitches a third shutout start tuuka on friday.

tuukas a big boy, he can handle the red wings.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

question to goalies...remember after the last buf game TT stated "after what happened, i was definitely on my toes the rest of the game"? this means he was ready for and expecting a buffalo retaliation during the game-someone to take a run at him. does this carry into the next game(vs buf) for whoever is in goal? the fact is, it was in his head. something tells me he likes it though. i've never heard the word battle and goalie together more times that when used to describe TT. he's even coined a new goaltending style the "battlefly". whoever is in net, they will be protected, that much we can be sure of. the sabres would have to be stupid to touch TT- it would get UGLY.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I think Tuukka can handle either team. I think its more fair to him for him to get Weds and Saturday and leave the Wings to TT.

Thats just my .02 and I'm glad its just a hypothetical.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

If the Bruins play with any snarl and bang, the Sabres will fold like a card table after Thanksgiving dinner. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

With Myers out, there will no push back at all.  Not that Myers is a beast but he was basically called out by the local media as the guy (along with Gaustad) who should have stepped up to Lucic.  If he was haelthy, he would have been motivated to at least try and regain his manhood.  Gaustad has been around long enough to know that he would get pummelled by Lucic.  He might do something, but he does it with the fear of god in his heart.  Considering Lindy is the leader of this pu$$yshow, I doubt anything happens.

I can see the Sabres crossing the line of instigation only to try and suck the Bruins in to taking penalties.  Your typical montreal turtle show.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Cody McCormick might be the guy to watch.  He's a gamer.  He's not that tough, but I've seen him take on tougher guys plenty of times.

I predict that Kaleta, McCormick and/or Gaustad wait for that shift where Thornton and Chara are on the bench, Kaleta takes a run at Thomas/Rask, and then McCormick/Gaustad pile into the scrum.

The Bruins need to show no mercy, keep Buffalo on the floor.  Anything that happens to the Bruin goalie should happen to Enroth.  Obviously, I'm not saying they should take a suspension or do somethign dirty, but if Buffalo's gameplan is to disrupt the goalie, than the Bruins have to do the same.  Keep Enroth uncomfortable and protect their own crease.  I doubt it will even be a big deal.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Cody McCormick might be the guy to watch.  He's a gamer.  He's not that tough, but I've seen him take on tougher guys plenty of times. I predict that Kaleta, McCormick and/or Gaustad wait for that shift where Thornton and Chara are on the bench, Kaleta takes a run at Thomas/Rask, and then McCormick/Gaustad pile into the scrum. The Bruins need to show no mercy, keep Buffalo on the floor.  Anything that happens to the Bruin goalie should happen to Enroth.  Obviously, I'm not saying they should take a suspension or do somethign dirty, but if Buffalo's gameplan is to disrupt the goalie, than the Bruins have to do the same.  Keep Enroth uncomfortable and protect their own crease.  I doubt it will even be a big deal.
    Posted by Fletcher1

I'm thinking McCormick or Gaustad challenge Lucic and then that might be the end of it. And it just does nothing, should have been done last week.  If they are stupid enough to run Tuuka or Timmy then you'll see that player and possibly Ruff get suspended by Shanahan. If thats their plan, they should;ve kept their mouth shut last week.
    It'll be interesting, and if your Lucic, you can just decline any offer, it will make them look even worse. they have to do something, Milan does not.

Sections
Shortcuts