Rask vs Price

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Rask vs Price

Round one to price!

Rask needs to be a lot better.

Really Rask should have been out in the 1st round last year except for the great comeback by his team mates.

He wasn't very good against Chicago.

Ya he is great in the regular season. So what.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Re: Rask vs Price

Yah Rask could have been better but realistically the second goal was the only questionable goal.  Price was great but our shooters made him look greater. I still give the edge to Price.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

It's about time Price stepped up. He's supposed to be your saviour but hasn't done squat yet in the playoffs.  Plus, he really benefitted from some great bounces last night.  Let's see how the series plays out before you start blowing your horn, and Carey.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

It's about time Price stepped up. He's supposed to be your saviour but hasn't done squat yet in the playoffs.  Plus, he really benefitted from some great bounces last night.  Let's see how the series plays out before you start blowing your horn, and Carey.

EXACTLY!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Price was better than Rask last night.  He had to be.  Think about this: Boston took 51 shots on net, the Scabs blocked another 30, and still you could say that at least a half dozen of Boston's best chances didn't produce a shot on goal because they missed the net.  Iginla's second attempt, Lucic on the fan, Chara, Bergeron, Soderberg, Krejci....

Second goal on Rask was bad.  First and fourth were PPG from the point - I'd like him to have those, but I'm asking a lot.  The third goal was preventable by his team.

Nothing to see in the comparison yet, really.  Bruins dominated that game. 

Are you not entertained?!?!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think it was one of those games where the shots were far and few between and in those situations sometimes a goalie has a hard time keeping with the game, they stiffen up and lose focus when everything is going on at the other end like last night.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Rask was pretty accountable with his comments following the game.  A little different that how TT handled things.

“We played overall good 5-on-5, pretty much dominated. We had a lot of chances, couldn’t score. But I was (expletive) tonight,” he bluntly stated. “I’ve gotta be better.”

“(When) you suck, you suck. What can I say? It’s the playoffs,” Rask said.  “(Friday) we’ve got practice. Maybe I”ll save it for Saturday.”

http://nesn.com/2014/05/tuukka-rask-i-was-expletive-against-canadiens-in-game-1/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Good on Rask admitting "I was garbage"

But Bruin forwards have to finish

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Rask was pretty accountable with his comments following the game.  A little different that how TT handled things.

“We played overall good 5-on-5, pretty much dominated. We had a lot of chances, couldn’t score. But I was (expletive) tonight,” he bluntly stated. “I’ve gotta be better.”

“(When) you suck, you suck. What can I say? It’s the playoffs,” Rask said.  “(Friday) we’ve got practice. Maybe I”ll save it for Saturday.”

http://nesn.com/2014/05/tuukka-rask-i-was-expletive-against-canadiens-in-game-1/" rel="nofollow">http://nesn.com/2014/05/tuukka-rask-i-was-expletive-against-canadiens-in-game-1/

No kidding and thats what i love about Tuukka,calls it as he truly sees it,TT was a blame shifter for sure,anyones fault but his.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

http://nesn.com/2014/05/tuukka-rask-i-was-expletive-against-canadiens-in-game-1/" rel="nofollow">http://nesn.com/2014/05/tuukka-rask-i-was-expletive-against-canadiens-in-game-1/

Contrition doesn't win Cups.  Neither does good PR.  Timmy can attest to that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

Accountability does,Tuukka will be fine.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Canadianfan6's comment:

Good on Rask admitting "I was garbage"

But Bruin forwards have to finish

Ya think?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

How so?  Accountability is taking responsibility for sucking, not stopping pucks.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

How so?  Accountability is taking responsibility for sucking, not stopping pucks.

He said he sucked,thats his opinion,he said he'll be better,i believe he will,we'll see tomorrow.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

No, accountability is acknowledging that you need to be better, and then doing what you need to to be better.  Those basketball guys, or defensemen, who run around after they blow a defensive play and pat their chests and say "my bad, guys, my bad" then do the same thing next time aren't accountable.  They're contrite.  Accountable is a shut out after a bad outing, a hat trick after failing to score on a series of great chances, etc.

Saying "not my fault" after you haven't stopped pucks is a sure way to end up on the decline.

[object HTMLDivElement]

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

No doubt Price was sharper than Rask. But losing like that is a pretty potent motivator.  

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

No, accountability is acknowledging that you need to be better, and then doing what you need to to be better.  Those basketball guys, or defensemen, who run around after they blow a defensive play and pat their chests and say "my bad, guys, my bad" then do the same thing next time aren't accountable.  They're contrite.  Accountable is a shut out after a bad outing, a hat trick after failing to score on a series of great chances, etc.

Saying "not my fault" after you haven't stopped pucks is a sure way to end up on the decline.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Does that apply to the 0-9 record, Book?  He's gonna need to steal a game or two in this series if the B's are gonna advance.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Isn't the old "steal a game" terminology reserved for the underdog?  Price stole last nights game because the B's were better than the Smurfs at everything except putting the puck in the net.  

If Rask needs to steal one, then the Habs need to outplay the B's, which may or may not happen.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Round one to price!

Really Rask should have been out in the 1st round last year except for the great comeback by his team mates.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Shupe?....

In response to hangnail's comment:

Isn't the old "steal a game" terminology reserved for the underdog?  Price stole last nights game because the B's were better than the Smurfs at everything except putting the puck in the net.  

If Rask needs to steal one, then the Habs need to outplay the B's, which may or may not happen.

Couldn't agree with you more.  This team should steamroll most teams they play.  But they haven't and they don't.  And that's my point.  When they have a subpar game, Rask does too.  When they have a great game Rask does too.  At some point in the playoffs I think he's gonna have to win one on his own, and that's what I'm saying.

And to Books point, Thomas may have blamed his team for a loss, but a least he did them a solid and won them some games.  Btw Book I think what you're talking about is redemption, not accountability.

So it all balance out.  And I think before all is said and done, as the competition gets tougher, he's gonna have to steal one, eventually.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Round one to price!

[object HTMLDivElement]

Tuukka's also great in the playoffs....  rewind to last year against the Penguins or is that too far for you?....

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

No kidding and thats what i love about Tuukka,calls it as he truly sees it,TT was a blame shifter for sure,anyones fault but his.

I'll take the Cup over accountability any day. TT is still the man.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Rask will bounce back, I expect a much better game from him, but lets not kid ourselves and say he is just good in the regular season. That's just stupid.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Rask held the best offensive team in the league to two goals in an entire round last year.  Yeah, he sucks in the playoffs.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

He was great in that series!!!!!!

Rask held the best offensive team in the league to two goals in an entire round last year.  Yeah, he sucks in the playoffs.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

• Sections
    Shortcuts