Rask: What if.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Rask: What if.......

.....some crazy team were to offer him $7, $7.5, $8 million per season? What does everyone think PC's threshold would be? Then is it the time to step away and take the picks?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

Re: Rask: What if.......

I think he has to match I don't even think its a question suban is not close to nhl ready I wouldnt think. I don't even wana think of tuukka on another team for the start of next season! I am biased no doubt but I will put Rask as just as good as any goalie you wana compare him to in the league he doesn't have to take a back seat to no one imo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

IMO, any offer over 7M would be tough for Chiarelli to match.

He would have to look at re-signing Khudobin, and promoting Svedberg. Another option could be Bryzgalov.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

He would have to look at re-signing Khudobin, and promoting Svedberg. Another option could be Bryzgalov.

Interesting you mention him. I was considering options when thinking of the possibility of Rask leaving and Bryz may come cheap and have a lot to prove.

I hope it would never come to this but you never know....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I think PC will sign Rask before July 5.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

I agree

@BiggSkye - Bryz is scared of Bears LoL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

That would be a bleeding nightmare!! Don't start my Sunday like that walters!! Rask has to stay, outlandish quotes doesn't save pucks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I can honestly see Columbus tendering an offer if Bob doesn't sign with them. That team is in "get to the playoffs now" mode.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If someone offers him 7 million. Take the picks.

I'd draw the line in the sand somewhere near,just above 6 million.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Completely agree on this. No way should Rask make more than Chara. I hope both sides can be reasonable....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

If it's over 7mill a season? Take the picks, re-sign Khubobin & go with Svenberg. I hear Bobo over in Columbus has over priced himself too! OH one more thing? If the B's EVER brought in Brizzy? There would be one heck of a yardsale at my place! This fan would be DONE!!!

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

More than 6.5 take the picks,hey can always bring back Timmy,LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

ew. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Rask is saying all of the right things though. He wants to stay. That much is clear. 

“It would be an ideal situation. I want to play here forever, and hopefully that gets to happen,” Rask told CSN New England. “We’re going to make [the contract] happen. I’m not really worried that things are going to fall apart because we can’t make it work. Obviously we’re going to have some talks, but at the end of the day we’re going to leave all the [expletive] aside and make a deal that makes everybody happy.

“I don’t think I have to answer any of those questions anymore. I played good, and I proved to everybody again that I was capable of doing it. You look at the numbers, and they were good. If you analyze how I felt and looked at different times during the year, and that was pretty good too. I felt really good throughout the regular season and playoffs. You can always be better, but I felt pretty good.”

Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli also seems optimistic about the teams chances of making something work.

“He’s obviously had a terrific playoff, and we’d like to get him done as soon as we can,” Chiarelli said.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"
    -Gerry Dee

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

[QUOTE]

ew. 

[/QUOTE]

TT did win us a Cup.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Bryzgalov comes in eleventh on a list of ten names....

goaltending is important in CJ'S scheme of things, B'S won't start season with a question mark in goal....

expect PC to do all in his power to keep Tuukka, and that includes matching an offer sheet....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the B's EVER brought in Brizzy? There would be one heck of a yardsale at my place! This fan would be DONE!!!

Even a one year deal at $1 million so he can prove himself?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If Bryzgalov came here, wouldnt shock me if his numbers ended up being better than his Pheonix days.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to goodnewsbears's comment:

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

I'm with you, gnb.  Chiarelli knows the landscape.  I'd imagine he's in anticipation of teams perhaps manouvering in the manner jm suggests and will act accordingly. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

ew. 

[/QUOTE]

TT did win us a Cup.

[/QUOTE]

So did Gerry Cheevers. There's more chance of him playing for Boston next year than Thomas. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

So did Gerry Cheevers. There's more chance of him playing for Boston next year than Thomas. 

True, dez.  In fact Thomas might not be playing anywhere.

http://nesn.com/2013/06/report-tim-thomas-still-undecided-about-returning-to-nhl-for-2013-14-season/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Well, if Timmy wants to play in the olympics he is going to have to play next season. Good luck in Brooklyn.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

[QUOTE]

If the B's EVER brought in Brizzy? There would be one heck of a yardsale at my place! This fan would be DONE!!!

Even a one year deal at $1 million so he can prove himself?

JM? There's certain players that I loathe for specific reasons. Brizz is one, Lapuke is another. I take being a Bruins fan with pride & I expect the team to take pride in the type of players that get to wear the Jersey.  If they're going to sellout by bringing in garbage then I wouldn't waste my time anymore. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

JM? There's certain players that I loathe for specific reasons. Brizz is one, Lapuke is another. I take being a Bruins fan with pride & I expect the team to take pride in the type of players that get to wear the Jersey.  If they're going to sellout by bringing in garbage then I wouldn't waste my time anymore. 

Fair enough...I can respect this.

Out of curiosity, what do you think PC would do if he had to let Rask go via an offersheet? Who would he bring in?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

If Bryzgalov came here, wouldnt shock me if his numbers ended up being better than his Pheonix days.

After very good regular seasons, Bryzgalov was horrendous against Detroit in the 2 straight playoffs. He followed that up with being even worse for Philly ever since.

I refuse to believe that PC was make such a breathtaking mistake as to bring him to Boston... a place where goalies are supported by a defensive system, but have proven how central they are to their teams' success (see TT and Rask). This team would go straight down the drain.

I'd start Khudobin behore Bryz. I think I'd start nearly anyone else first.