Rask: What if.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Rask: What if.......

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

Bryzgalov....  Emery....

if that's the best available, PC has to give Tuukka a blank check....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

The guy went 17-1 with a .922 sp & 3 shut-outs in 21 games! He's also been to a cup final. He's great in a great system. What's your probalem with Emery? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Your book is missing a few pages... you left out TT's stats which were record-breaking!

and apparently reading comprehension wasn't your strong suit. how about the finals when he was putting up those great stats....his team was busy putting up 8 goals. Thomas didn't win games 3,4,6,7. The team did. He helped, but I give far more credit to the team that put up 21 goals in the 4 games that the bruins won in that series. and no, that wasn't a typo. 5.25 goals per game in the wins. 

The number of goals Boston put up in no way affects their goalie's SAVE% and GAA!

Credit has to be given to someone for making the greatest contribution... the experts have chosen TT, not me. But his play made that choice pretty easy. And I love Chara and Krejci but I don't think they were close.

What experts? Who are they? Are they the same ones who didn't think Chara was even top 3 in the league? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I dont mind going 5-5.5 on rask next year.  Raise it in yrs to follow.  I wouldnt go 6.  He hasnt earned a mega deal and is an rfa.  Most teams have their goalies.  Philly cant offer 7.  I think bruins hold all the cards in this.  

shupe, is it worth haggling over one mil. for a year or two and have Tuukka test the market and risk losing him?....

that said, i agree the B'S hold the gavel but why take the chance.... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]
    He was the greatest contributor to that Cup win... believe what you want but he has the hardware and stats to prove it.

In my book, Chara was way more important in my book. Maybe Krejci. 

Your book is missing a few pages... you left out TT's stats which were record-breaking!

[/QUOTE]

and apparently reading comprehension wasn't your strong suit. how about the finals when he was putting up those great stats....his team was busy putting up 8 goals. Thomas didn't win games 3,4,6,7. The team did. He helped, but I give far more credit to the team that put up 21 goals in the 4 games that the bruins won in that series. and no, that wasn't a typo. 5.25 goals per game in the wins. 

[/QUOTE]
    in those wins he let in how many?  4 wins. 3 ga.  7 games 8 ga.  in the 3 losses how many did his team score?   If they score on the road at all it could have been a four game sweep.  Tt certainly put them in that position.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Rask is probably going to get a 7yr/7per. Anymore than that let him walk. I'd prefer they sign him for 6/6. He's at least worth Price money, but I do think he's certainly moved way ahead of Price also. So, I wouldn't whine about a 7/7 type deal. Let Svenberg be Khudo for a yr or 2 then you give Subban a few yrs to develope. If the timing is right & 7/7  is the going rate for elites then you can have a decent look at whether Subban is the real deal. IF he is then you can look at moving Rask & give Subban the job. Then Rask money can be used for more pressing needs. But I think you need to lock up the best goalie available to you at the present time. That is Rask at this moment. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

Im sure van philly and nashville thought the same at the time.  Ask them now.  

No, but I 'll ask PC who signed TT to 5 mill/per & people that was an albotross. That was in 08. So 6 seasons later they have to fork over an extra 2? I don't see the issue.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

I dont mind going 5-5.5 on rask next year.  Raise it in yrs to follow.  I wouldnt go 6.  He hasnt earned a mega deal and is an rfa.  Most teams have their goalies.  Philly cant offer 7.  I think bruins hold all the cards in this.  

shupe, is it worth haggling over one mil. for a year or two and have Tuukka test the market and risk losing him?....

[/QUOTE]

Losing him means huge draft picks.  And yes.  It would be worth it.  Rask has played 2 good yrs.  had one nitemare playoff and one awesome playoff.  Boston should be firm in the offer.  Its a business.  Rask is an elite goalie.  Is crawford worth 7 million?  no chance.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Credit has to be given to someone for making the greatest contribution... the experts have chosen TT, not me. But his play made that choice pretty easy. And I love Chara and Krejci but I don't think they were close.

What experts? Who are they? Are they the same ones who didn't think Chara was even top 3 in the league? 

I'll take Mark Recchi's word. You?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The same recchi who played with cam ward.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

He was the greatest contributor to that Cup win... believe what you want but he has the hardware and stats to prove it.

in those wins he let in how many?  4 wins. 3 ga.  7 games 8 ga.  in the 3 losses how many did his team score?   If they score on the road at all it could have been a four game sweep.  Tt certainly put them in that position.  

Hey shupe, did you know that Kane was the only reason the Hawks won? Heck, the only reason the Kings won the year before was because of Quick. I know this because they won trophies. I'll just forget about how well Keith played this year or how much Brown and Kopitar added last year. You know, because they didn't get the trophy. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]

Bryzgalov....  Emery....

The guy went 17-1 with a .922 sp & 3 shut-outs in 21 games! He's also been to a cup final. He's great in a great system. What's your probalem with Emery? 

[/QUOTE]

he's no Rask....  i'd rather spend the money on a sure thing than save some doe and hand the reins to someone who's been a backup the last five years or so....

now if i had a juggernaut offensive machine like the Penguins, i might consider it....  then again i might not....

as for the B'S that rely on defense, no way i'm trusting guys like Emery or Bryzgalov....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I'm not sure how Recchi saying TT was a good guy and the best goalie he played with has anything to do with this but by all means, keep saying it and avoiding the Subban vs Chara question. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey shupe, did you know that Kane was the only reason the Hawks that on? Heck, the only reason the Kings won the year before was because of Quick. I know this because they won trophies. I'll just forget about how well Keith played this year or how much Brown and Kopitar added last year. You know, because they didn't get the trophy. 

[/QUOTE]

I dont wanna argue over history.  we had our say a few days back. I dont wanna change your mind on tt.  I love him for what he did.  He helped the team in a major way.  Him being voted conn obviously means something.  Him winning the cup sure as heck does.  

Lets agree to disagree.  Deal?   Now, do you think rask deserves 6+. I am dying to know your thoughts on this.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Losing him means huge draft picks.  And yes.  It would be worth it.  Rask has played 2 good yrs.  had one nitemare playoff and one awesome playoff.  Boston should be firm in the offer.  Its a business.  Rask is an elite goalie.  Is crawford worth 7 million?  no chance.  

[/QUOTE]

glad we agree at least that Tuukka's an elite goalie....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I'm not sure how Recchi saying TT was a good guy and the best goalie he played with has anything to do with this but by all means, keep saying it and avoiding the Subban vs Chara question. 

Chara didnt have a better regular season.  Neither did shea.  i would argue keith was robbed before the other 2.  Subban you hate.  Subban had a great year.  And will get better.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

glad we agree at least that Tuukka's an elite goalie....

[/QUOTE]

Im not debating it.  I would like to see more before giving him the key to the city.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Bryzgalov....  Emery....

[/QUOTE]

he's no Rask....  i'd rather spend the money on a sure thing than save some doe and hand the reins to someone who's been a backup the last five years or so....

now if i had a juggernaut offensive machine like the Penguins, i might consider it....  then again i might not....

as for the B'S that rely on defense, no way i'm trusting guys like Emery or Bryzgalov....

[/QUOTE]
    Brizz I can understand, but IF Rask over priced himself I don't think a season or 2 is that big a deal. I think Emery would work out just fine. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

Dez, you really are hanging onto this TT hatred a little too much. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey shupe, did you know that Kane was the only reason the Hawks that on? Heck, the only reason the Kings won the year before was because of Quick. I know this because they won trophies. I'll just forget about how well Keith played this year or how much Brown and Kopitar added last year. You know, because they didn't get the trophy. 

[/QUOTE]

I dont wanna argue over history.  we had our say a few days back. I dont wanna change your mind on tt.  I love him for what he did.  He helped the team in a major way.  Him being voted conn obviously means something.  Him winning the cup sure as heck does.  

Lets agree to disagree.  Deal?   Now, do you think rask deserves 6+. I am dying to know your thoughts on this.  

[/QUOTE]

I don't think any goalies are worth that but considering he's put up record numbers to start his career, he's going to get paid. As I posted a few days ago, Price's deal will be the starting point. No I don't like what he will cost but he's as good as anyone in the league. I hope he signs for below 6 but won't be shocked if it's closer to 7.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Dez, you really are hanging onto this TT hatred a little too much. 

[/QUOTE]

Why, because I also give credit for the Cup to his teammates and not blindly worship him because he won a vote?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Just so we are clear on rask.  Hes never started more then 45 gms.  He has 66w 45l.  He blew and is on record for blowing a 3-0 lead.  Hes had one amazing playoff run.  Why is he worth more then 5 million.  Someone, anyone make me understand.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Just so we are clear on rask.  Hes never started more then 45 gms.  He has 66w 45l.  He blew and is on record for blowing a 3-0 lead.  Hes had one amazing playoff run.  Why is he worth more then 5 million.  Someone, anyone make me understand.  

He's appeared in 138 games and has record numbers in that time. Is Price worth it in Montreal? You better get ready to complain for awhile because there is no way he signs for 5.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I will try.

He has the best gaa and save% of any goalie since 2008-09, has lead his team to the 6th game of the stanley cup finals (something very few current starters have been capable of doing), and could well have won the Conn Smythe if the B's had prevailed.

His max worth I should think is Pekka Rinne money....that said, I would not give him anything over $6.5 million if it were my decision.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

[QUOTE]

I will try.

He has the best gaa and save% of any goalie since 2008-09, has lead his team to the 6th game of the stanley cup finals (something very few current starters have been capable of doing), and could well have won the Conn Smythe if the B's had prevailed.

His max worth I should think is Pekka Rinne money....that said, I would not give him anything over $6.5 million if it were my decision.

[/QUOTE]

That's around what I expect him to get. 6 years-39 million. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

He's appeared in 138 games and has record numbers in that time. Is Price worth it in Montreal? You better get ready to complain for awhile because there is no way he signs for 5.

[/QUOTE]

Yes but didnt start that many.  He has never played more then 45.  If we are paying him a boat load bc of this year i wont be happy.  Im with you on over payment of goalies. They simply dont deserve that money.  

I would say price has earned it more then rask.  I dont think rask would be as good in another system.  Again. Not trying to dump on him but he is not worth it.  The fact hes an rfa should mean he agrees to a fair deal.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

That's around what I expect him to get. 6 years-39 million. 

Here's hoping he doesn't get too greedy.....